Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"I want to play both Rose and Davies"

:chadliblow::eriksenserious::lamelawtf::sonhmm::pritchardeyes::townhmm:

:pochbye:

I remember you taking the piss out of me for not wanting to play Townsend, Lennon and playing Dembele further forward instead. The exact thing happened this season.

Keep scoffing. I was right about Davies making our back line more intelligent/less chaotic.

Your Davies scoff is looking really fucking stupid in retrospect eh? What are you redused to? You can't talk shit about what is happening on the pitch so you can only talk shit via pure speculation.

This back line should be broken up? We only have one DM. What's wrong? You think Rose who played as winger for 10 years can't play on the wing?

Do you ever ask yourself why you Joe Clash etc keep following me around? It's because you constantly talk shit and long term end up looking like an idiot. He told me Kane was too slow and not intelligent enough just before he scored 30. Also talked shit about Lamela. So he like you is constantly trying to save face.

You are just up my ass because we went at it over Naughton, Townsend, Rose and Lennon weakening our flanks. We all know what happened. I was right. We are much more solid at the back and the wingers turned out to be soft with less goals and assists in open play As a DM.

Rose IMO is undropable because of his engine and will to win. I'm not going to pretend he's a good defensive partner for Jan. he's still hit and miss as a defender and we would be stupid to break up a back 4 that is communicating and gelling.

IMO Chadli needs to be backup for Kane and overusing him is risky. Eriksen leaves is too wide open on the left.

IMO Rose would be a great all rounder on the wing and gives us width. It was Sherwood who thought he could be a left back. Not exactly the Eisntien of football making that call since we led the league making mistakes that resulted in goals in the prem.

Last edited:
My positive arguments regarding Davies in a back line are sound after the fact. Lets face it. You are just another screecher who thinks defenders need to entertain first and defend second.

The hilarious aspect is I want Rose to play as a winger and you start praising his assists and goals from last season?

I don't even need to explain anything. You seem to be waxing lyrical strengthening MY OPINION on why Rose should play on the wing! Normally I'd say you can't write this stuff. But you can! It's Gibbsy heaven. Where people who argue with me explain why my opinion is a good idea!!!!

I've "waxed lyrical" on his scrappiness and tackling ability first and foremost. His wide attacking is secondary -- and, if you pay any attention to the team whatsoever, something Poch prefers from his outside backs as opposed to his inverted wingers. Nice try, though.

The problem with what you want is that it doesn't gel with how the team is set up. At all. It's almost like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Oh, wait.

Davies played well yesterday but is not better than rose. Rose would of revelled in that team.

You can't know that for fact. He could have played like he did the game before last where he was a liability and was terrible.

He should start every game but he does not make a back line more stable by any stretch. His positioning is suspect and he can switch off or take his time jogging back when we are under pressure.

The problem with what you want is that it doesn't gel with how the team is set up. At all. It's almost like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Oh, wait.

I like how you overstate things a day after Davies made you look like an idiot for doubting his first team quality and stability. You seem to be frothing to avoid my opinion coming true on the pitch.

Face it. We removed Townsend, Lennon, Naughton and Rose from the wings and suddenly we are almost impossible to score against. We went from top of the league of mistakes by individuals that led to goals. And Rose was guilty of a lot of that.

And like you said, his creativity and goals are improving...his pace is insane. He is athletic and gutsy. Yeah. What terrible traits for a winger. I must be a troll.

You scrambling to make excuses after dissing Davies is one of the funnier backfires I've seen.

Last edited:
I like how you overstate things a day after Davies made you look like an idiot for doubting his first team quality and stability. You seem to be frothing to avoid my opinion coming true on the pitch.

Face it. We removed Townsend, Lennon, Naughton and Rose from the wings and suddenly we are almost impossible to score against. We went from top of the league of mistakes by individuals that led to goals. And Rose was guilty of a lot of that.

And like you said, his creativity and goals are improving...his pace is insane. He is athletic and gutsy. Yeah. What terrible traits for a winger. I must be a troll.

You scrambling to make excuses after dissing Davies is one of the funnier backfires I've seen.

You seem to forget that we added a steady CB partner for Jan that is A) of a higher quality than anyone we've had paired with him before and B) has been playing with Jan since they were both young. That doesn't fit your agenda though, so why would we even talk about that as a potential reason for an improved defense? We have a true CDM who drops into the middle when our outside backs roam forward, but that doesn't fit your agenda -- so why would we talk about that?

Not once have you offered anything in the way of specific, tangible evidence as to what make Davies better. What precisely did he do against Man City that made him a better option than Rose? In what specific ways, exactly, has he outperformed Rose this season? Do you have anything? I doubt it. You're all fluff, Gibbs. It's very apparent.

You're going to completely ignore this and respond with some long-winded diatribe about how Davies proved me an idiot and that I'm "frothing" and "overstating" things. That's fine, go ahead -- do that. It doesn't prove a thing.

Not once have you offered anything in the way of specific, tangible evidence as to what make Davies better. What precisely did he do against Man City that made him a better option than Rose? In what specific ways, exactly, has he outperformed Rose this season? Do you have anything? I doubt it. You're all fluff, Gibbs. It's very apparent.

You're going to completely ignore this and respond with some long-winded diatribe about how Davies proved me an idiot and that I'm "frothing" and "overstating" things. That's fine, go ahead -- do that. It doesn't prove a thing.

Tangible poof? Qarabag?
BBC Sport - Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 FK Qarabag
"Danny Rose twice gave the ball away in dangerous positions"

You don't have to go back very far for 2012 Danny Rose style mistakes. It can be argued that his individual errors that led to goals could have been the difference between 4th and 5th. It certainly didn't help. For every prem goal he creates or scores, it probably cancels them out for mistakes he makes on the ball or free kicks that lead to goals against. Tangible? I already mentioned that we often led leagues of mistakes that led to goals from individual errors and Rose was a large part of that.

He's not a solid defender. He is a great tackler, but he's not always there to make the tackle due to concentration/positioning. Davies heading has really helped us out too. Many times Danny Rose has lost that aspect and it's led to goals.

He should be tearing it up in front of a back 4, not in it.

Last edited:

What makes your opinion so great? You were the main detractor of our transfer policy. I specifically told you that we were better than you were giving us credit for, and you still claimed the sky was falling and melted esp on transfer deadline day.

Why are you acting high and mighty since we have a 100% win ratio in the prem since the transfer curtain closed? All you did was talk shit about the team we were left with and how it was a disaster.
Ring ring your opinion is shut down. Sometimes I think the inmates run this asylum.

All you have left is what? Each other to pretend your opinion on Davies isn't stupid after the fact?

Perhaps you should get behind the team and stop drooling over big spenders like the ones we decimated on the weekend?

Give Davies the respect he deserves and move on. I suppose this will be long forgotten if we keep this league form up. But you will still cling together and convince yourself I'm a troll despite a team lacking Townsend, Lennon, Naughton and Rose looking like world beaters on the weekend.

WHL is a fortress. Rose is one step on the ball or red card away from smashing our solid defense into soft Spurs and he needs to keep away from our back line and revitalize us moving forward because we need his pace, engine and will to win. We need to build on the back 4 partnership's understanding. Not rip it apart.

What makes your opinion so great? You were the main detractor of our transfer policy. I specifically told you that we were better than you were giving us credit for, and you still claimed the sky was falling and melted esp on transfer deadline day.

Why are you acting high and mighty since we have a 100% win ratio in the prem since the transfer curtain closed? All you did was talk shit about the team we were left with and how it was a disaster.
Ring ring your opinion is shut down. Sometimes I think the inmates run this asylum.

All you have left is what? Each other to pretend your opinion on Davies isn't stupid after the fact?

Perhaps you should get behind the team and stop drooling over big spenders like the ones we decimated on the weekend?

Give Davies the respect he deserves and move on. I suppose this will be long forgotten if we keep this league form up. But you will still cling together and convince yourself I'm a troll despite a team lacking Townsend, Lennon, Naughton and Rose looking like world beaters on the weekend.

WHL is a fortress. Rose is one step on the ball or red card away from smashing our solid defense into soft Spurs and he needs to keep away from our back line and revitalize us moving forward because we need his pace, engine and will to win. We need to build on the back 4 partnership's understanding. Not rip it apart.

You are laughably predictable.

Tangible poof? Qarabag?
BBC Sport - Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 FK Qarabag
"Danny Rose twice gave the ball away in dangerous positions"

You don't have to go back very far for 2012 Danny Rose style mistakes.

How is this a specific example of something Davies does well? I can find examples of Davies having bad games from this season too. See: Mahrez, Riyad.

C'mon, give me specific examples of what Davies does well -- which games, which moves? Break it down for me. This is the third time I've asked, and the last two you've given me absolutely nothing. I was really hoping you could enlighten me with some of that top drawer footballing knowledge you possess.

How is this a specific example of something Davies does well? I can find examples of Davies having bad games from this season too. See: Mahrez, Riyad.

C'mon, give me specific examples of what Davies does well -- which games, which moves? Break it down for me. This is the third time I've asked, and the last two you've given me absolutely nothing. I was really hoping you could enlighten me with some of that top drawer footballing knowledge you possess.

His heading, tracking, offside trap, crossing and positioning and passing out of defense (clearing the ball) are all better than Danny Rose who is risky in most of these aspects. Davies does not try and nutmeg players on our own goal line.

And it shows. Want stats? How about clean sheets or low goals against? We have one of the best DEFENSIVE RECORDS IN THE PREM.

If you missed his amazing defensive work from shepherding players in to non dangerous areas, blocking crosses, heading out defending corners etc then you need to actually buy a TV tier that shows the game instead of a crappy stream.

I like that you still shit talk Davies days after stuffing Man City. There could not possibly be any more evidence that our defense is safer/less chaotic with him in the back line. He's just not sexy enough for you on the ball. You crave entertainment from every position. This back line needed a solid player, not a firebrand.

Specifically against City he was amazing at shepherding players into his backup. He won so many defensive headers, blocked a lot of crosses and held the line well. We looked like a real unit. They had NINE CORNERS. You think Danny Rose is good at defending those?

His heading, tracking, offside trap, crossing and positioning and passing out of defense (clearing the ball) are all better than Danny Rose who is risky in most of these aspects. Davies does not try and nutmeg players on our own goal line.

And it shows. Want stats? How about clean sheets or low goals against? We have one of the best DEFENSIVE RECORDS IN THE PREM.

If you missed his amazing defensive work from shepherding players in to non dangerous areas, blocking crosses, heading out defending corners etc then you need to actually buy a TV tier that shows the game instead of a crappy stream.

I like that you still shit talk Davies days after stuffing Man City. There could not possibly be any more evidence that our defense is safer/less chaotic with him in the back line. He's just not sexy enough for you on the ball. You crave entertainment from every position. This back line needed a solid player, not a firebrand.

Specifically against City he was amazing at shepherding players into his backup. He won so many defensive headers, blocked a lot of crosses and held the line well. We looked like a real unit. They had NINE CORNERS. You think Danny Rose is good at defending those?

I hate using stat sites, but according to Squawka and whoscored Rose has a higher pass completion % than Davies this season both in his EPL appearance against Everton (we kept a clean sheet) and across all competitions. I guess that means Davies is an unsafe player that gives the ball away too much.

When has Rose tried to nutmeg someone at the back line? You keep bringing that up as it it's something he tries every time he's on the pitch. I don't think that's true at all -- and I'm 100% certain there's nothing behind it but your huff and puff, which I'm also 100% certain means nothing.

What did Davies do on their 9 corners? How did he defend them? You can't just read out random stats from the game and expect me to be impressed. Oh, wow City had 9 corners -- Davies MUST be a hell of a player!!

My streams are all in HD, btw.

My streams are all in HD, btw.

So are your tears. You are just another melter that is convinced the grass is greener and live in the transfer thread wishing our players away. When you claim your streams are HD (which is an oxymoron) are you talking about the matches or the sky sports transfer news channel?

Defending corners is a valid difference maker. Esp since WE SCORED FROM ONE. Thats exactly the type of thing we used to be terrible at attacking/defending and Utd won a title due to their impressive set piece/corner routines under Fergie on his last season. I'm done trying to convince you of the obvious nailed on fact that we are not soft Spurs with the current back line. As if a 100% win ratio in the prem since the transfer curtain closed on your furious face we have never looked better in the league. Not sure why you brought up an Everton draw and a loss against the scum in defense of Rose?? But good luck with that insight.

What have we butted heads over? The transfer curtain and Davies?

So far so good for me. Keep pretending I don't have a clue despite results suggesting otherwise.

So far so good for me. Keep pretending I don't have a clue despite results suggesting otherwise.

I think it goes beyond pretending when you repeatedly dodge the questions I'm asking you. How did Davies defend those 9 corners? How was he involved? Again, throwing out random stats without context doesn't really do anything for your argument. What do you think of Rose having a higher pass accuracy percentage than Davies? You haven't addressed that either, and that's been one of your biggest 'knocks' against Rose.

I didn't bring up Woolwich btw, that was you -- I believe you implied Rose was at fault for our loss and then brought up Jan and Toby even though they didn't play and.. actually, I don't know why you brought up a loss that involved less than half of our first team and only one first team member in the backline. I suppose it has something to do with you not knowing what you're talking about.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

I think it goes beyond pretending when you repeatedly dodge the questions I'm asking you. How did Davies defend those 9 corners? How was he involved? Again, throwing out random stats without context doesn't really do anything for your argument.

Davies vs City (from Macch)

Blocks - 8
Clearances - 12
Interceptions - 1
Crosses - 3
Chances created - 2
Passing % - 65%

So there it is. My opinion backed up via stats. And the biggest stat is he was making these defensive feats against City.

Like I said...Upgrade from the stream and start watching the players you talk shit about.

Back
Top Bottom