Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sherwood:

“He had to go out and do that at Sunderland and it was a good development phase for him. But he’s still got things to learn and he appreciates that, and he works hard to try to get better. He needs to improve all different factors of his game.

“Don’t forget that Danny’s only been a left-back for a few seasons. I had a chat with him probably three or four years ago and said that, in my opinion, if he was going to play at the top level in the Premier League, he needed to switch his position to play left-back. At first he was a little apprehensive but he’s bought into it.

“I just thought he should follow the same pathway that Ashley Cole did. When he was a young kid at Woolwich he was a winger and then he got pushed back to play at left-back and he’s been fantastic, and I think Danny’s going the same way,” he insisted.

Read more at Sherwood claims Spurs' Danny Rose can "follow the same pathway that Ashley Cole" | Squawka News | News
Oh dear. You really believe the inane ramblings of Sherwood? The man is a car crash media whore. I wouldn't trust that as a reliable source. :sherwoodlol:

I don't remember the missed header by Davies vs Leicester that led to a goal.

I do remember Rose doing exactly the same thing against Leicester in the loss in the cup:

Missing a header that led to a goal.

Once again....you're STILL providing me with more proof I'm right to think Rose should play on the wing.

What on earth is wrong with you?
What header did Rose miss? The one from the corner in the build up to the first goal? He was never going to make that header, his priority should have been to stay goal side of his attacker which he was. Physically he was never going to make that header.
CI0026aWoAA2O_6.jpg

You have zero understanding of how football works.
Leicester City vs Tottenham Highlights 1-1 Video Goals
The missed header is here. Clear as daylight.

You can claim you've been proven right all you like it doesn't make it true you strange person.

Oh dear. You really believe the inane ramblings of Sherwood? The man is a car crash media whore. I wouldn't trust that as a reliable source. :sherwoodlol:

Oh come on. Don't be a prick. You can't speculate from the horses mouth. He was Danny's coach and mentored him there.

It's getting impossible to get a simple "thanks for the info". It's not all a tapestry of lies and intrigue behind the scenes.

You have zero understanding of how football works

Nail on the head. Every time someone presents him with irrefutable evidence, he chooses to ignore it. When someone asks him a question he can't answer (5 times, might I add), he chooses to ignore it.

He's an obnoxious little nut that talks about other people squirming when, in reality, he's the one that squirms around the truth because it doesn't suit his agenda. He only likes Davies this rabidly anyway because he's welsh and used to support Swansea. Fucking creep.

What header did Rose miss? The one from the corner in the build up to the first goal? He was never going to make that header, his priority should have been to stay goal side of his attacker which he was. Physically he was never going to make that header.
CI0026aWoAA2O_6.jpg

You have zero understanding of how football works.
Leicester City vs Tottenham Highlights 1-1 Video Goals
The missed header is here. Clear as daylight.

You can claim you've been proven right all you like it doesn't make it true you strange person.

You don think it's ironic that you are making excuses for Rose's terrible marking and attempted header of a corner that led to a goal?

You and wiki are probably cringing that you brought up missed headers vs Leicester that led to goals since Rose did the same thing. Like I said, you keep making my point for me. Thanks again!

Thanks for allowing me to show a game vs Leicerster that we LOST 1-2 AT HOME. Hmmm. Rose in the back 4. Townsend starting. Sold ado starting. Loss at home. Pattern.

What game did you pick? A draw away from home? Not the most damning of games. The SINGLE goal was one where they got us seconds after a restart where we took the lead. The downside of a young team getting mugged. He got beat in the air fair and square, but he was one of the few players switched on. He did lose the challenge, but the rest of the team was busy patting each other on the back and not playing to the whistle.

You don think it's ironic that you are making excuses for Rose's terrible marking and attempted header of a corner that led to a goal?

You and wiki are probably cringing that you brought up missed headers vs Leicester that led to goals since Rose did the same thing. Like I said, you keep making my point for me. Thanks again!

Thanks for allowing me to show a game vs Leicerster that we LOST 1-2 AT HOME. Hmmm. Rose in the back 4. Townsend starting. Sold ado starting. Loss at home. Pattern.

What game did you pick? A draw away from home? Not the most damning of games. The SINGLE goal was one where they got us seconds after a restart where we took the lead. The downside of a young team getting mugged. He got beat in the air fair and square, but he was one of the few players switched on. He did lose the challenge, but the rest of the team was busy patting each other on the back and not playing to the whistle.

What do you think about Danny Rose having a higher pass accuracy than Davies?

How was Ben Davies directly involved in defending Man city's 9 corners?

Oh come on. Don't be a prick. You can't speculate from the horses mouth. He was Danny's coach and mentored him there.

It's getting impossible to get a simple "thanks for the info". It's not all a tapestry of lies and intrigue behind the scenes.
Sherwood did not pick him to play left back. Harry did. It wouldn't be like Sherwood to big himself up to try & grab a headline would it? You are the one who is acting the prick here.
Thanks for the info btw.
Here's some more.
Despite Tottenham's encouraging recent form, Danny Rose's stats from last season are still marginally stronger than how Ben Davies has been performing this time round, and significantly better in others. Rose very much offers a great deal more than Davies in attack, beating him in attempted assists, scoring attempts, and successfully dribbling past players. Also in defence, Rose was better too, winning more duels, more tackles and making more interceptions.

What this hints at is that Tottenham in general are defending much better than they did last season, something that Davies could help with with his position play, but that the presence of a regular central defensive partnership would certainly aid in Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld, as does a fit Kyle Walker and Eric Dier operating in central midfield.

AND

From the OFFICIAL FA website:
Doncaster-born Rose’s talent has long been recognised by the England set-up – he has been capped at every level bar the seniors and only four players have won more than his 29 caps for the Under-21s.

Like Aaron Lennon, Rose came through the academy at Leeds United, before moving to Tottenham Hotspur in 2008.

He initially showed promise as an attacking central midfielder or left winger, and he had a remarkable introduction to the Premier League, starting against arch-rivals Woolwich in April 2010. After 10 minutes Rose put Spurs ahead with a thunderous 35-yard volley, setting up a 2-1 victory.

The following season Harry Redknapp began to convert Rose into a left-back, where he could use his energy and hammer of a left foot to good effect.

He spent the 2012-13 season on loan at Sunderland, playing regularly developing the defensive side of his game, before returning to Spurs last season as the club’s first-choice left-back.

Read more at England's new faces: Colback, Chambers, Delph and Rose - England | The FA

Last edited:

This the same dim sherwood who claims he discovered eriksen playing at Wembley despite him never playing there? Yup can deffo take the numpty at his word:sherwoodlol:

It's the same as Bentaleb contra Dier. Just because the latter is doing well, doesn't mean the former is all of a sudden shite. Davies has been very good, but so was Rose last season. It's a good problem to have.

Without all the detailed analysis, Rose was very good the second half of last year but he provided plenty of mistakes during the season. Soft pen at Liverpool, cynical, brainless and pointless free kick conceded vs Leicester at home in FA cup to allow them to get the ball back in our box and turn the game around....there were others.

Davies has always looked ok for us after a little run of games, he was playing well last season when Rose was injured but dropped immediately when Rose was fit. He's had a run again at last and looks solid.

Look at Rose vs Qarabag for what a bit of rust can do to you.

Let's praise them both rather than slate one or the other, good problem to have.

Give it a rest son. When you started posting again recently I thought you made a lot of sensible arguments and positive posts. Now you seem to be back at arguing by beating a dead horse to a pulp.

The Leicester games...
You "can't remember" a clear lost aerial challenge, by the man you are backing, that cost us a goal, that happened a few weeks back. In the best case scenario, if that was true, it kinda disqualifies you from discussing the player, as it's pretty fucking significant for the discussion. Otherwise, if you are lying, it just makes your posts pretty pathetic, as not trying to face arguments or to counter argue is quite ridiculous on an internet forum, where it doesn't really matter who is wrong or right. It's not a court room, and you are not trying to get people to vote you for president or whatever.

The counter argument that you post is equally ridiculous, and made even more ridiculous when you present it as proof that you were right. You are refering to a shit cross that was never Rose's to win.

And you making it out to be that we LOST against Leicester at home with Rose, while we drew away with Davies, is also bonkers. It disregard all other factors. The important thing in such a comparison, if one can be made at all, is how our left back did.

I have to admit not remembering the details of the match last season, but I can't remember Rose struggling. Davies, on the other hand, could've probably had Mahrez charged for torturing him for 90 minutes.

Now, that last paragraph was something that you could've written, that's how you argue. I, on the other hand feel that I have to add the following, in defense of Davies:

That being said, it was probably Davies' worst game of the season, and he faced a player who had probably been, up to and including that game, the best player in the league.

Please allow yourself to admit when you are wrong.

Without all the detailed analysis, Rose was very good the second half of last year but he provided plenty of mistakes during the season. Soft pen at Liverpool, cynical, brainless and pointless free kick conceded vs Leicester at home in FA cup to allow them to get the ball back in our box and turn the game around....there were others.

Davies has always looked ok for us after a little run of games, he was playing well last season when Rose was injured but dropped immediately when Rose was fit. He's had a run again at last and looks solid.

Look at Rose vs Qarabag for what a bit of rust can do to you.

Let's praise them both rather than slate one or the other, good problem to have.

I have to agree, when have Spurs been able to have two decent left backs. We have always struggled in this area, the last decent left back I remember was that Dutch chap with a model grielfriend Pat Van Den Hauwe, Benny was was prone to a mistake ot two.

Let's hope the competition for places makes this an intriguing battle which Rose won last year, maybe it's Davies turn this year.

Give it a rest son. When you started posting again recently I thought you made a lot of sensible arguments and positive posts. Now you seem to be back at arguing by beating a dead horse to a pulp.

The Leicester games...
You "can't remember" a clear lost aerial challenge, by the man you are backing, that cost us a goal, that happened a few weeks back. In the best case scenario, if that was true, it kinda disqualifies you from discussing the player, as it's pretty fucking significant for the discussion. Otherwise, if you are lying, it just makes your posts pretty pathetic, as not trying to face arguments or to counter argue is quite ridiculous on an internet forum, where it doesn't really matter who is wrong or right. It's not a court room, and you are not trying to get people to vote you for president or whatever.

The counter argument that you post is equally ridiculous, and made even more ridiculous when you present it as proof that you were right. You are refering to a shit cross that was never Rose's to win.

And you making it out to be that we LOST against Leicester at home with Rose, while we drew away with Davies, is also bonkers. It disregard all other factors. The important thing in such a comparison, if one can be made at all, is how our left back did.

I have to admit not remembering the details of the match last season, but I can't remember Rose struggling. Davies, on the other hand, could've probably had Mahrez charged for torturing him for 90 minutes.

Now, that last paragraph was something that you could've written, that's how you argue. I, on the other hand feel that I have to add the following, in defense of Davies:

That being said, it was probably Davies' worst game of the season, and he faced a player who had probably been, up to and including that game, the best player in the league.

Please allow yourself to admit when you are wrong.

Admit when I was wrong? That game was two months ago. I could not remember one header? Then I admitted he missed it after seeing the video? How is that wrong? I don't think I'm the only one that can't remember every interaction. I could not remember Rose missing his header vs the embarrassing home loss to Leicester either until I watched the video. How am I wrong? Admit I'm wrong? Davies has been part of a back 4 that has the best defensive record in the prem. We lost vs Leicester with Rose, Townsend, Soldado etc. I think I'm 100% right to think the stronger Spurs team is the better bet.

And I want Rose to start? Admit I'm wrong? I'm defending Davies: And all they have is something that happened MONTHS ago. You can go to the game Rose played the game after last at left back for a terrible defensive game strewn with mistakes.

Lets get this straight people: I was DEFENDING DAVIES getting SHIT TALKED ABOUT. The problem is the idiots who were ragging on him have to close ranks and troll me after being embarrassed due to great results with Davies in the back line.

Look. Wikipedia Brown has been bashing players like Davies. Thats that. And he's been stung into troll action from being proven wrong to hate on the team that he thought needed an overhaul.

I was right to back Davies. On reflection of Rose vs carriabag I was right to think he'd be a better winger and is too dangerous in defense. And I was RIGHT 100% RIGHT to write a thread backing the players we had, and naming and shaming melters like Wiki who were spitting feathers that we were left with this squad.

If you want to back someone who has been making fun of Davies after a famous victory and tell me: The guy defending Davies worth in a backline is wrong (after being in the best defense???) then perhaps you should question that. The worth of me vs a transfer melter.

Why are you defending a melter? Why are you defending someone who questions Davies worth the same week as a famous victory?

I think it speaks volumes that you have to go so far back to zoom in on a goal that was a TEAM MISTAKE: EVERYONE WAS SLEEPING ON THE WHISTLE to find fault with Davies. He was the only one awake to it. He lost his header fair and square but would Rose have won that?

People need to get over themselves, stop piling on and SUPPORT DAVIES. Do you know how many of these threads I've found myself in? Defending Walker and Jan in threads that read identical to this one? It seems like I'm constantly trying to tell people Bentaleb, Davies, Jan etc are good players. I was doing the same with Dembele and Mason but now it's fucking obvious that they are important all that has faded away. These pricks were telling me that Kane up front will be like West Ham. The pileon mentality on this board is fucking pathetic. You see my name and paint me as a troll. The lunatics run this asylum.

Dont speculate mate. It came "from the horses mouth". Must be true.
:avbshit:

Sherwood:
"Don't forget that Danny's only been a left-back for a few seasons. I had a chat
with him probably three or four years ago and said that, in my opinion, if he was going to play at the top level in the Premier League, he needed to switch his position to play left-back. At first he was a little apprehensive but he's bought into it."

Right. It's much more likely that a guy on a forum knows more about Danny Rose being switched to left back than Tim Sherwood, his coach at the time.

Admit when I was wrong? That game was two months ago. I could not remember one header? Then I admitted he missed it after seeing the video? How is that wrong? I don't think I'm the only one that can't remember every interaction. I could not remember Rose missing his header vs the embarrassing home loss to Leicester either until I watched the video. How am I wrong? Admit I'm wrong? Davies has been part of a back 4 that has the best defensive record in the prem. We lost vs Leicester with Rose, Townsend, Soldado etc. I think I'm 100% right to think the stronger Spurs team is the better bet.

And I want Rose to start? Admit I'm wrong? I'm defending Davies: And all they have is something that happened MONTHS ago. You can go to the game Rose played the game after last at left back for a terrible defensive game strewn with mistakes.

Lets get this straight people: I was DEFENDING DAVIES getting SHIT TALKED ABOUT. The problem is the idiots who were ragging on him have to close ranks and troll me after being embarrassed due to great results with Davies in the back line.

Look. Wikipedia Brown has been bashing players like Davies. Thats that. And he's been stung into troll action from being proven wrong to hate on the team that he thought needed an overhaul.

I was right to back Davies. On reflection of Rose vs carriabag I was right to think he'd be a better winger and is too dangerous in defense. And I was RIGHT 100% RIGHT to write a thread backing the players we had, and naming and shaming melters like Wiki who were spitting feathers that we were left with this squad.

If you want to back someone who has been making fun of Davies after a famous victory and tell me: The guy defending Davies worth in a backline is wrong (after being in the best defense???) then perhaps you should question that. The worth of me vs a transfer melter.

Why are you defending a melter? Why are you defending someone who questions Davies worth the same week as a famous victory?

I think it speaks volumes that you have to go so far back to zoom in on a goal that was a TEAM MISTAKE: EVERYONE WAS SLEEPING ON THE WHISTLE to find fault with Davies. He was the only one awake to it. He lost his header fair and square but would Rose have won that?

People need to get over themselves, stop piling on and SUPPORT DAVIES. Do you know how many of these threads I've found myself in? Defending Walker and Jan in threads that read identical to this one? It seems like I'm constantly trying to tell people Bentaleb, Davies, Jan etc are good players. I was doing the same with Dembele and Mason but now it's fucking obvious that they are important all that has faded away. These pricks were telling me that Kane up front will be like West Ham. The pileon mentality on this board is fucking pathetic. You see my name and paint me as a troll. The lunatics run this asylum.

I don't see your name and paint you as a troll. I respect most of your posts.

The point I did a poor job trying to make is that you should learn to let things go. You get too riled up, and when you do your posts and your thinking gets a bit mental.

Like now, when you accused me of defending some guy. I didn't really even notice who you were arguing against. I've got no reason to defend anyone, and I try to leave who posts what out of the discussions for the most part.

And like now, when you repeat "admit I'm wrong" too many times, as if it is an impossible concept for you to fathom. You might disagree that you were wrong, but you should at least try to accept that others might think you are.

Sherwood:
"Don't forget that Danny's only been a left-back for a few seasons. I had a chat
with him probably three or four years ago and said that, in my opinion, if he was going to play at the top level in the Premier League, he needed to switch his position to play left-back. At first he was a little apprehensive but he's bought into it."

Right. It's much more likely that a guy on a forum knows more about Danny Rose being switched to left back than Tim Sherwood, his coach at the time.
Oh FFS Gibbsy you plank. As Bri said, this is the same Sherwood who claimed that he discovered Eriksen whilst he was playing at Wembley. He brought some youngsters into the team when he was manager. Credit where it's due & I will give him that. But to say that he was the one who moved Rose to LB because he claimed it in an interview is just nonsense. Harry was responsible for moving him to LB

Tim deserves way more respect.

Or is it;
It was Sherwood who suggested Rose should be a left back. Not exactly the greatest footballing mind.

You show him a lot of respect there. And you want him back? You want a bloke who makes things up & on your own admission isn't the best footballing mind? Good luck with that

Back
Top Bottom