Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see what you're saying but my main focus is on what's best for Tottenham Hotspur FC. If Pochettino thinks moving him on is best for everyone involved with the club and he is able to bring in top dollar to invest further as well as bring someone he rates highly like Sessegnon I say let the boss do what the boss feels is right. He's boss for a reason and he's desperately trying to give us all the team we want and should be by doing it the Tottenham way and I love that about him. Spurs were around a long time before this crop of players and we'll be around a long time after as well should any choose to show any petulance living forward. Graham Roberts got it bang on when he said the crest on the front of the shirt will always be more important than the name on the back. If I have to wait a lifetime to see us do it properly I'm happy to bide my time and wait for it to happen (I'm an old romantic when it comes to my Spurs I'm sorry to say)

The decision Pochettino needs to make on Rose is the kind of decision that turns good managers into truly great ones. Whatever he chooses I back Mauricio, he's one of us
If we sell him, we sell him to a European club. And even then, we all know we will not find a left back of equal quality. We won't pay the fee or the wages it would require. So once again we'd be dismantling what we've been building before we've actually achieved anything. Keeping him shows intent. It also shows no player is bigger than the club. Selling him suggests the opposite

this forum is so off. Amount of "include martial" in deal is so deldued. He's not leaving and Mourinho has dismissed the idea as has he. If we get Rose you'll get Shaw + some money lmao martial.

DHmbfdWXUAAVoZz.jpg
Shaw is a mentally week fat cunt mate and he is YOURS! It's been a decade since you have taken a Spurs player. Let me list for you your recent attempts to take what is ours and failed.
Poch - Failed
McDermott (our head of our academy) - Failed
Rose - Failed
Kane - past three years failed
Walker - Failed - we sold him to better side
Bale - You offered more money than Madrid LOL failed
Dele - Failed
Dier - Failed
Lloris - Failed

There is a common theme developing here, your've been knocked back more than a granny on an 18-30's holiday, they don't want to go to you.

MIND THE GAP!

Last edited:
If we sell him, we sell him to a European club. And even then, we all know we will not find a left back of equal quality. We won't pay the fee or the wages it would require. So once again we'd be dismantling what we've been building before we've actually achieved anything. Keeping him shows intent. It also shows no player is bigger than the club. Selling him suggests the opposite

Once a player decides he doesn't want to play for you any longer, it's the end. Keeping him won't do anyone any good, it'll just fester, and he's undermined Poch's authority. I'd like him out of the club as soon as possible.

We will never pay him what he wants.....he's not worth more than Kane, Toby, Jan, Eriksen, Dele, Dembele or Wanyama so may as well cut him loose.

He wants top money. He won't get it here.

I'm not sure what message it sends out by keeping him but I think teams just start to look stupid in the end by forcing players to stay.

WBA and Berahino, Barca with Neymar, and Liverpool and Coutinho......

It's not commendable, you just look silly when the inevitable happens.

Look at Southampton for all their talk. They will sell Van dijk. They will have to so what's the point in saying otherwise.
I get what your saying mate but I think those situations with other players are different, they have all come out and handed in transfer requests and said they flat out want to leave, Rose came out and did something stupid to try angle for a pay rise and apologised. He hasn't handed in a transfer request and it's a world cup year he will have to perform to get in the squad, I think would be in our best interests to keep him and try get the best out of him this season.

We will never pay him what he wants.....he's not worth more than Kane, Toby, Jan, Eriksen, Dele, Dembele or Wanyama so may as well cut him loose.

He wants top money. He won't get it here.

I'm not sure what message it sends out by keeping him but I think teams just start to look stupid in the end by forcing players to stay.

WBA and Berahino, Barca with Neymar, and Liverpool and Coutinho......

It's not commendable, you just look silly when the inevitable happens.

Look at Southampton for all their talk. They will sell Van dijk. They will have to so what's the point in saying otherwise.
If we follow your line of thinking, we may well be selling virtually our complete first 11 within the next 12 months or so.

Well hes the best left back in the league and one of the best in the world, thats how he helps us. Not condoning what he done he was an idiot but hes apologised for it and Im yet to see how it has affected the club in any negative way. Poch done brilliantly to sweep it under the rug and get everyone focused back on the football and I think as fans we should do the same.
I agree with your assessment on his abilities, I have been his biggest fan.

But all the work Poch has done, the total mentality change at this club is a direct result of building trust with the players, building an ethos that they operate in. Having an open door, for Rose or any player can talk to him, seek advice. Rose more than another player has utilised that outlet, built the strongest relationship with him and he fucked him. Rose has gone against all that was built, smashed it to ribbons and in response we just get down on bended knee, cap in hand, trousers round are ankles, arses raised in the air for him to fuck us some more. All its done is put a magnifying glass on a player that can no longer be trusted, true colours revealed.

BTW Rose hasn't apologised to the fans, he's just apologised for the timing of the interview that he planned. He was specific with his comments about the fans, he wanted to get that message across loud and clear, he thinks you and me are cunts.

Walker was a class act when he left, all parties happy (Manager, Player, Club). Personally I wasn't, as Walker was another of my favourites but he's a footballer, I can deal with it.

If we follow your line of thinking, we may well be selling virtually our complete first 11 within the next 12 months or so.
But we are not selling them though oddly enough. Only Rose has come out in the press, all the others have said shit and signed a new contract too. I take that as they are happy as Larry. Proud to play for Spurs, proud to represent and honour our shirt, play for us the fans. Unlike Rose who wants out, he doesn't want to be here.

Depends if you believe the whole squad wants to leave for more money or not I guess.

Personally I think we have built something special, and most the players want to achieve with Spurs.
I don't see Rose as so talented that having a morbid twat hanging around spoiling things is worth it

I agree with your assessment on his abilities, I have been his biggest fan.

But all the work Poch has done, the total mentality change at this club is a direct result of building trust with the players, building an ethos that they operate in. Having an open door, for Rose or any player can talk to him, seek advice. Rose more than another player has utilised that outlet, built the strongest relationship with him and he fucked him. Rose has gone against all that was built, smashed it to ribbons and in response we just get down on bended knee, cap in hand, trousers round are ankles, arses raised in the air for him to fuck us some more. All its done is put a magnifying glass on a player that can no longer be trusted, true colours revealed.

BTW Rose hasn't apologised to the fans, he's just apologised for the timing of the interview that he planned. He was specific with his comments about the fans, he wanted to get that message across loud and clear, he thinks you and me are cunts.

Walker was a class act when he left, all parties happy (Manager, Player, Club). Personally I wasn't, as Walker was another of my favourites but he's a footballer, I can deal with it.
He hasn't smashed anything to ribbons, the only way he will of done that is if we let him go and more players start to use his tactic to force a move. The only thing he has done is embarrassed himself and made him look like an unprofessional moron. He can apologise to me by performing on the pitch, if he seriously wants to leave then he would of/will hand in a transfer request and we can rid of him, untill then whenever he pulls on a spurs shirt I will support him. But this all depends on how Poch sees the situation if he feels betrayed and wants him out I will fully understand.

He hasn't smashed anything to ribbons, the only way he will of done that is if we let him go and more players start to use his tactic to force a move. The only thing he has done is embarrassed himself and made him look like an unprofessional moron. He can apologise to me by performing on the pitch, if he seriously wants to leave then he would of/will hand in a transfer request and we can rid of him, untill then whenever he pulls on a spurs shirt I will support him. But this all depends on how Poch sees the situation if he feels betrayed and wants him out I will fully understand.
I will guarantee he has a clause in his contract that pays him a lump sum if he doesn't hand in a transfer request (these are very common and in lots of player contracts), his motives are money driven so it's doubtful he will want to forfeit even more money. Is there any point of handing in a transfer request? FourFourTwo investigates

this forum is so off. Amount of "include martial" in deal is so deldued. He's not leaving and Mourinho has dismissed the idea as has he. If we get Rose you'll get Shaw + some money lmao martial.
When he was linked to spurs earlier in window. People keep mentioning him like he wants to join. More likely Shaw.
...so just to clarify, 'cos im not quite Shaw if you think Martial or Shaw will be joining us this Summer....?
Care to elaborate??

DHmbfdWXUAAVoZz.jpg

What, you saw a couple of people write that, so we're "so off'? Go check out a United forum and see what they've been saying when Kane has been rumoured to United. Now there's a bunch of delusional fucks. You guys truly are a shit bunch.

The timing of the interview, the non apology for the words, the supposed meeting tommorw, if true, sounds like it all engineered to get out.
Why do it otherwise.
The agency have had a role in it and now we can believe the comments about players wanting to leave as Base agency probably leaked that Walker and Rose were unhappy.
Onomah is on their books too. Maybe that's why he was loaned out. Maybe he asked. You're a World Cup winner Josh, you need to be playing regularly in position. Pochettino has been an admirer of his for a long time, refusing to loan him out. Then he's off after a stunning performance in WC and signing a new contract. A compromise?
We have had a lot of dealing with Base, maybe that's why Rose also put pen to paper and now is hinting at a move.
Naughton and Lennon are also on their books.

It's funny as we always say bad stuff about the foreign players, yet it's the English ones who have been the real cunts in this team.
Rose is as good as gone.
Stuck around all this time when everyone was wanting his signature . Why did players like Shaw get lucky when Rose was always world class.
Fucking snake. Using a bit of negativity from a few fans as an excuse when all the defence was slaughtered under Tim. No more than Vertonghen.
Telling everyone Poch is like a father to him and promised he would play for England, basically crediting him for a part in it and then completely fuckimgfucking him over. Pochettino demands loyalty and Rose hasn't been at all loyal. So 2+2=. Unless Poch makes an unusual exception.
I hope he stays the season becuase we need him. Then he can fuck off. When we have a replacement.
If we sell him now we are royally fucked as we won't be finding another LB. why swap for a player who has fitness issues. He probably fears Pochettino training. He was one of those players moaning about it, in a joking way. Yet they had no issues flogging him after one season.
I doubt he has the commitment to train hard. It's been a problem under 2 managers up there.
Fuck Luke Shaw the fat bastard.
What are we doing buying players like Barkley and Shaw and nursing then back to fitness , fuck off.
Shaw is injury prone.
He was before he broke his leg. Recurring injuries tomfoot and hamstring
[/URL]

We are in the driving seat with Rose. If he wants WC football he's going to have to play for us for another season. Do his fucking job.
We tell him how it is. You won't go until we have a suitable replacement.
We won't swap with Shaw until we see some progress in his recovery and form. If he's not deemed good enough for Mourihno he's not good enough for us.
He'll have to wait and perform for us. Then he can fuck off next season. Throw your toys out you fuck your chances of WC. We will make you train away from the first team where you have no influence on the players.

If Pochettino is a student of Ferguson then Rose is history but when Pochettino sees fit and that could mean anything.

So the notion of the World Cup being a factor may become a matter thst Rose should have thought about before his treacherous act.

The same will apply to Alderweireld and anyone else I suspect.

For me the only differemce between Rose and Walker is that Walker can fcuk right off as he no longer is contracted to this club.

you guys havent moved on yet awwww feeling still hurt about what rose said i bet you girlfrends and wives have said worst and aren't they still fucking you yes they are so chill out rose aint going nowhere so drop this bumboclaat arguement plzz its fucking annoying

Back
Top Bottom