Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but as Rose hasn't been given a squad number does that completely rule him out of playing or can he be reintroduced (with the FA's permission) in the event of injuries etc?

The end of the Transfer Window is on 5 October, so until that date there has to be an ability for clubs to 'drop' players from their squads and add others they have bought - otherwise there is no point in the window being open if you cant register the players.

So provided there is room in the squad on 5 October (when squad needs to be finalised/submitted to PL and UEFA) Rose or any other player can be added

I bet he regrets acting like a twat now when he was slagging off the club because he thought he was going to utd...ha ha now not even Newcastle want him, he is going to end up lucky to get a contract at another club after the way he has acted what a twat...

I think Rose is top quality and deserves huge respect for his brutal honesty since being at the club.
There aren’t that many left backs in the Premier league better in that position I believe Mourinho’s a mug for freezing him out he’s homegrown and wears his heart on his sleeve always gives 100% and def should command a place in our starting 11 ahead of Ben Davies who as a left back has never convinced me
So if your reading this thread Jose just know your a mug to let Rose leave
Sir, what are you smoking and can I have some of that please?

From what I watched it wasn't an assassination it was suicide.
He was right to go in but his attitude was shocking.
He said he respected Josés judgement of him but you could see he was fuming about it.
Talking about his team mates like that when he himself has been shit too.

It’s clear to me that after his injury, when Davies was in top form and part of the team that went some 3 months with about 2 defeats and finished 3rd, Rose probably went to Poch with the same attitude.
This was after his infamous google interview, and I can only imagine Poch shit himself and dropped the more quiet and professional Davies.
Total catastrophe that he was not sold that summer, and has been a bad smell around the club ever since.
Total delusions about his own form, the guy should take his money, run from the game, and do something he loves because we all know he’s not happy.

I do feel for him, but he needs to sort himself out away from Spurs, because it’s clear he’s done with us.

He was right to go in but his attitude was shocking.
He said he respected Josés judgement of him but you could see he was fuming about it.
Talking about his team mates like that when he himself has been shit too.

It’s clear to me that after his injury, when Davies was in top form and part of the team that went some 3 months with about 2 defeats and finished 3rd, Rose probably went to Poch with the same attitude.
This was after his infamous google interview, and I can only imagine Poch shit himself and dropped the more quiet and professional Davies.
Total catastrophe that he was not sold that summer, and has been a bad smell around the club ever since.
Total delusions about his own form, the guy should take his money, run from the game, and do something he loves because we all know he’s not happy.

I do feel for him, but he needs to sort himself out away from Spurs, because it’s clear he’s done with us.
& then Poch and Rose burned down an orphange together. But Levy saved all the kids.

Fantasist prick

He should of been sold after that Sun interview. It was pretty weak from the club that they didn’t.

I suspect he won’t go to Genoa and no other club that comes in for him will be to his liking. We can do without his attitude around the place though so hopefully aren’t left with him at the end of the window, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we are.

He might be having a wry smile to himself tonight.
:roseunsure:

I would have said that Davies performance today would have been evidence of why Rose should have put his head down and been a good soldier as he would be getting his chance in the PL game, but we all know that no matter how awful is Jose will never take Davies out of the line-up.

I would have said that Davies performance today would have been evidence of why Rose should have put his head down and been a good soldier as he would be getting his chance in the PL game, but we all know that no matter how awful is Jose will never take Davies out of the line-up.

True, he could still be playing here. It must annoy him to see a player that was basically his understudy become first choice. Now we have no alternative to Davies either because the other alleged left-back Sessegnon wasn't even on the bench today. What if Davies was injured who goes to left back? Dier, Toby? That's even more scary.

The squad is unbalanced badly and we need a new first choice left-back, hopefully JM will see that.

It's the right thing to do (not include him in the team) but this is absolutely classless from Jose and the Club. Even if you are dealing with a consistent problem you don't drop to their level. He should have been *told directly, face to face*.

*caveatte, the way these things get reported sometimes are wide of the mark and will retract if it turns out he was told directly*

It's the right thing to do (not include him in the team) but this is absolutely classless from Jose and the Club. Even if you are dealing with a consistent problem you don't drop to their level. He should have been *told directly, face to face*.

*caveatte, the way these things get reported sometimes are wide of the mark and will retract if it turns out he was told directly*

If you are told to stay away from the first team and train with the U23s, I'm pretty sure you aren't expecting a squad number. It's not like we assigned his number to anyone else.

I'm sure Rose was told very clearly "you will not play for Tottenham again". He doesn't need to be specifically told that he won't be given a shirt number.

A pretty sad end to a 13 year career at the club. It didn't have to go down this way.

I sincerely hope he just cuts his losses and finds another club ASAP. Hanging around here for another year should not be an option for him.

Will probably have to pay him to go. Year on his contract and they are pushing him out. Same as they did with Crouch.
Having said that...surely a better club would take him Genoa are next to the relegation zone in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom