David Bentley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know how to use Photoshop. This is a bin in our office, I think sometimes life treads where Photoshop only wishes it could.

You rock, Life....you really do.

Someone clever like CJJ CJJ could probably photoshop the little man to look like he was kicking a ball into a skip.

Meh, had a quick 5 min go

bentl.png

Had more fun with this one

ballo.png

Thought I saw some papers reporting that FC Utrecht had interest in him. He would've smashed the Eredivisie I guess.

Well I thought David Bentley retired after dowsing 'Arry a couple of years ago. He scored THAT goal against Woolwich in the 4-4 draw but as far I can remember that was about it. Don't know how many goals he scored for Spurs but cost per goal in his time at Spurs must be on a par with Rooneys salary. He has said he's 'fell out of love' with the game based on social media and money. He's 29. Wonder if no club interested got anything to do with it?
Couldn't fault his confidence but he shot himself in the foot by thinking he was a better player than he really was/is. IMO

Last edited:
He took us to the fucking cleaners that's for sure

Wonder how much money he made total

He's the perfect example of what making to much money to soon can do to you

62 apps, 6 goals, 9 assists (according to Wiki)

Football Manager would be keen to point out, based on the fee and excluding wages, that's ~£241,000 per app or £2.5 million per goal.

Or 1p per pint.
:bentley:

I don't get it - surely he's better off earning £1,000 a week in League One than retiring?.......What has he got to fall back on?

The guy is clearly just fucking stupid

what a loser
I don't get it - surely he's better off earning £1,000 a week in League One than retiring?.......What has he got to fall back on?

The guy is clearly just fucking stupid
Why? the guys earnt more than enough money to never have to work another day in his life and he isn't even 30. He's got 3 kids he can watch grow up.
The guy stopped enjoying his job, i don't understand why thats such a bad thing? Am i supposed to believe everyone here loves their jobs?

Why? the guys earnt more than enough money to never have to work another day in his life and he isn't even 30. He's got 3 kids he can watch grow up.
The guy stopped enjoying his job, i don't understand why thats such a bad thing? Am i supposed to believe everyone here loves their jobs?

There is zero chance his money will last him another 40-50 years.

He needs to make the most of his short career.

He's a cunt and will be penniless before he's 40.

There is zero chance his money will last him another 40-50 years.

He needs to make the most of his short career.

He's a cunt and will be penniless before he's 40.
Why is he a cunt? And why will he be penniless? He's surely earnt a few million by now, by all accounts he's invested some...
He used to earn in one week, what the average person does in a year? You're being ridiculous.

Why is he a cunt? And why will he be penniless? He's surely earnt a few million by now, by all accounts he's invested some...
He used to earn in one week, what the average person does in a year? You're being ridiculous.

A few million is nothing - the average person working in London will earn circa £3m over their career.

Bentley needs to make the most of his limited ability, retiring at 28/29 is ridiculous.

What's he going to do for the next 40 years to provide for his family?

Back
Top Bottom