Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kj2nV5E.jpg

Ajax fan here. I think this deal is just a matter of time so congrats on buying potentially one of the best CB's in the world. I feel he is better than Jan and Toby were at Ajax although at the same time I don't think they are that comparable. Toby and especially Jan were at Ajax maybe a bit more technically gifted defenders, Sanchez is a very physical player but on the ball also pretty decent. Few years younger as well than Jan and Toby were when they left.

I wouldn't say "wouldn't want him".

I just hope we don't upset Ajax over it all. I'd like to keep good relationships with a club that has been instrumental (if indirectly) to developing our current team.

That probably won't happen. Although Ajax doesn't want to sell him, if he wants to leave (what seems to be the case) the club is probably open for negotiations. Nobody benefits from having a player around that doesn't want to be there (maybe Southampton disagrees on this). The only thing then left is for Tottenham to agree on a fee with Ajax.

The player went to see the director of football on matchday to talk about the transfer, which is why he was left out, wasn't focussed on the game.... not exactly professional if you ask me. Reminds me of Ro$€ with his bad timing.

He was left out because the manager decided he only wanted players around that were 100% focused on the match. Clearly there have been some talks between Ajax and Spurs, but apparently he had a chat with Sanchez first before leaving him out of the team.

Davinson's a good lad. Never complained or put in a lack of effort despite falling out of favour and having the fans get on his back to (at times) a frankly unpleasant/unnecessary degree. He's also clearly keen to go and get game time, unlike a certain Eric Dier.

Good luck to him.

I do feel a twinge of sympathy for Ajax. They have such an incredible academy and scouting outfit, and every time they reinvent their first team it just gets picked apart by teams in bigger leagues.

Totally agree, I mean why should Sanchez waste his time at Tottenham, not exactly Europe's elite, they can't even make it past Gent in the last 16 of the EL. While the club he actually plays for made it into the EL final....
Mate, just stop embarrassing yourself now...

Me as an Ajax-fan has been looking at this forum the last couple of days, just because it interest me to see how you guys talk and think about Sanchez, Ajax and the situation about his upcoming transfer to your club.

It personally irritates me to see an fellow Ajax-fan talk about our club as it's still one of the greatest of the world because our beautiful history!
Stop dreaming mate, stop living in the past, we won't win prices by relying on the past. It's the present and future what counts.....
Our European results were tremendous last year. But from a realistic point of view, there isn't even a small chance that we will experience a same result. Just hope...

I totally understand that Sanchez prefers a transfer to the Spurs instead of another year in the Eredivisie...
The possibility to play CL (while we aren't even sure if we are playing EL this season) the possibility to play in the BPL and a significant higher salary.
I would say; Overmars, just accept the 40mil bid and sign a new talented defender before the 31st of August.

We can't compete with the BPL and we probably never can with the shitloads of money the BPL clubs are receiving nowadays.
So to the Dutch guy: stop talking shit. Be more realistic, step out of that historical bubble you're living in and start talking with a bit more respect.

To you guys: wish you all the luck in BPL and CL. I do have a lot of empathy for your club. I really do hope that you would finally win the BPL again.

Back
Top Bottom