Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Airfixx

Cherub
But I am not excusing their failings, Reidy Reidy . I am trying to talk specifically about Dav's pros and cons. He doesn't exude calm, and we already have a jittery git of a captain between the sticks. I am not suggesting we hand out long-term contracts to old men. If we can upgrade on every single one of them, I am all for it.

And if Dav is such a specimen, why does he get ragdolled so often?

Do you think he is top drawer or do you just think he is the best of an average bunch?
By "so-often" do you mean against Rondon over a year ago?

...Is this like Ben Davies getting roasted for pace "every week"?

I think Dav is continuing to improve with sustained gametime... Why should that suddenly hit a celing at 23?

Register to remove

Register to remove

Five

Supporter
He's gone full Greta
No problem....

"Rag-dolled" implies being out-muscled.
"Rolled" implies being 'done' by movement.

Not splitting hairs at all; different phrasing suggests different things.
Well, I reckon he is prone to both. Have you ever noticed how much time he spends trying to defend with his arms? He is not unlike Fat Vincent Janssen-has the raging horn for grabbing people.

Airfixx

Cherub
Well, I reckon he is prone to both. Have you ever noticed how much time he spends trying to defend with his arms? He is not unlike Fat Vincent Janssen-has the raging horn for grabbing people.
I hate all that shit, but it's so prevalent from both sides.... It's alien to the football I used to play and it baffles me how we don't see more cards and pens as a result.

I hadn't clocked him as being overtly bad for it... I'll keep a keen eye out.

He loves a cheeky shove in the back when ushering a ball out for a goalkick tho. Again, I'm baffled how these things don't get punished more, but he seems to have a technique that ref's tolerate.

At least he can use his arms.

A little over a week ago another centre half somehow lost a goalscorer whilst physically touching him.

Toby and Jan. Oh the 10 goals in 2 games duo....

Very good.
As I said , there is no good combination right now

Toby and Jan have been great defenders and I guess I am hoping they can rediscover that form somewhat

I simply just don't rate Sanchez , don't think he is progressing in anyway , in fact I feel like he has regressed drastically from his first season

Plus his passing out from the back is a disaster , at least the others are comfortable on the ball

Register to remove

Airfixx

Cherub
As I said , there is no good combination right now.

Toby and Jan have been great defenders and I guess I am hoping they can rediscover that form somewhat

I simply just don't rate Sanchez , don't think he is progressing in anyway , in fact I feel like he has regressed drastically from his first season
He's visibly improving thanks to a run of games... If he can re-find his first season form (when notably he also enjoyed a sustained run) then surely that's a good thing and he can further build from there?

Top Bottom