Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You very well could be right, but he's shown growth this season and again is only 23. He very well may never be what I hope he is, but remember a lot of people myself included thought the same things about Aurier, and he's seemed to have straightened himself out.
I would never write a 23 year old off. But considering he has had national level competition with Colombia, i think he should be better. But my view is you don't come and play for Tottenham for practise.

I would never write a 23 year old off. But considering he has had national level competition with Colombia, i think he should be better. But my view is you don't come and play for Tottenham for practise.

I couldn't agree more with that last sentence, but players should be able to come to Tottenham and have time to grow. If we're impatient with all of our young players, we'll turn out more shit than we do Kane/Dele etc. This has been his first true run of consistent Prem football.

I couldn't agree more with that last sentence, but players should be able to come to Tottenham and have time to grow. If we're impatient with all of our young players, we'll turn out more shit than we do Kane/Dele etc. This has been his first true run of consistent Prem football.
This train of thought is sensible.

I thought he played really well against Man City. Got the majority of the low crosses cleared, which he has been guilty of cocking up in the past, and was assured in possession. I have high hopes for this kid, I really do. I mean how many CBs gone past are world class at 23? I think he has tools to be better than Vertoghen actually. Passing and decision making can be learned and improved upon but you cant learn to become faster or more athletic, to a point, which in both cases he beats Vertoghen. Having said all that, he’ll need 3 or 4 season of consistent, very good football under him before he can even kiss Verts shoes so we’ll see. Anyway, I just don’t get all the knocking. There are other positions in more need of fixing than CB imo.

Two areas he needs to improve

1) when to be physical
2) the ball in the air outside the box

1) He is physically amazing, fast, agile, leaper and fit. He isn’t thick though, even though he is cut. He needs to use the physical attributes he has (e.g. speed, agility) to beat his man and not his overzealous shoulder or rendition of Garth when an opponent is shielding the ball. Use your gifts in those situations and he will win most duels.

2) this is the area that keeps popping up. He just can’t read the ball in the air when he finds himself outside the box. He just needs to slow down for a second

I thought he played really well against Man City. Got the majority of the low crosses cleared, which he has been guilty of cocking up in the past, and was assured in possession. I have high hopes for this kid, I really do. I mean how many CBs gone past are world class at 23? I think he has tools to be better than Vertoghen actually. Passing and decision making can be learned and improved upon but you cant learn to become faster or more athletic, to a point, which in both cases he beats Vertoghen. Having said all that, he’ll need 3 or 4 season of consistent, very good football under him before he can even kiss Verts shoes so we’ll see. Anyway, I just don’t get all the knocking. There are other positions in more need of fixing than CB imo.
He reminds us all of Ledley King. But this boys is no where near

Two areas he needs to improve

1) when to be physical
2) the ball in the air outside the box

1) He is physically amazing, fast, agile, leaper and fit. He isn’t thick though, even though he is cut. He needs to use the physical attributes he has (e.g. speed, agility) to beat his man and not his overzealous shoulder or rendition of Garth when an opponent is shielding the ball. Use your gifts in those situations and he will win most duels.

2) this is the area that keeps popping up. He just can’t read the ball in the air when he finds himself outside the box. He just needs to slow down for a second
You all think playing is just him improving. No he shows weakness in what a central defender should not. He exsudes weakness and that will spread in the defence.

don't think he is good enough to be our CH at the moment considering he is an international player, but maybe he has not been coached since he arrived here did Poch & his coaches do individual coaching ?
hopefully Jose will coach him how to defend

You very well could be right, but he's shown growth this season and again is only 23. He very well may never be what I hope he is, but remember a lot of people myself included thought the same things about Aurier, and he's seemed to have straightened himself out.

I was with you until you used Aurier as an example.

Centerbacks don't peak until their late 20s. Toby, Jan, Van Dijk, Bonucci, Chiellini, Ramos. All hit their peaks skillwise when they became 27-28.
I'll quote you on this. But i never given up on him, it's just he makes me feel on edge when he gets the ball.

His problems are mental not physical, seems to lose concentration and gets caught of position. Remember though King did have similar problems when he was younger.

Back
Top Bottom