Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scapegoating baby-men left right and center; thinking they are actually good judges of player...... Yaaaaaaawn.

Let's all convene in the Ndomebele thread and everyone can rejoice about how WRONG they were about him being a #nextlevel signing.

Yay... Viva the FIFA-playstation generation. :pochhail:

I still hope he can become much better as hes young but fair to say his ceiling is looking a lot lower than initial expectations. Our defense in general is just really, really bad.

The goals weren’t really his fault but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t poor and hasn’t been poor for the majority of his time here

Especially when you consider the price we paid for him
So he wasn't at fault for the goals the way Dier, Davies or Tanganga were today, or Alderweireld in the previous games, yet he's the defender we single out as not good enough.

I'd imagine if we found out who was directly resposible for all the goals we conceded this season, there would be a huge gap between him and the rest of the defence and he'd have the best stats.

But hey, Toby's here for another three years on an eye watering contract.

Seriously, Sanchez sooo isnt the problem. He is not Vidic but he is by some distance the best Centerback at the club now. He needs an experienced leader with pace beside him that should be the objective. The priority is and has been for sometime a fit mobile orthodox central defensive midfielder in front of him. Thomas Party. People digging him out need to watch every minute of what Alderweireld and Vertonghen have offered us this season. Yes they were great now they are gash and worse than he is.

Were you equally surprised by the usual suspects' poor performances?

Or nahh?

Sanchez was poor.

But he wasn't even in the top 4 worst performing defenders in a Spurs shirt today - yet its HIS thread bumped. HIS performance crucified. HIS 'ceiling and potential' questioned.

Every single time we drop points. Then the same posters either disappear or suck him off when we win a game.

Sanchez was poor.

But he wasn't even in the top 4 worst performing defenders in a Spurs shirt today - yet its HIS thread bumped. HIS performance crucified. HIS 'ceiling and potential' questioned.

Every single time we drop points. Then the same posters either disappear or suck him off when we win a game.
Couldn't agree more. Dier(again) Winks, Alli, Davis, Tanganga. Yet people are talking about Sanchez and N'dombele. TODAY they are the least of why we lost at home to Wolves whilst the only striker at the club got 120 seconds.

Seriously, Sanchez sooo isnt the problem. He is not Vidic but he is by some distance the best Centerback at the club now. He needs an experienced leader with pace beside him that should be the objective. The priority is and has been for sometime a fit mobile orthodox central defensive midfielder in front of him. Thomas Party. People digging him out need to watch every minute of what Alderweireld and Vertonghen have offered us this season. Yes they were great now they are gash and worse than he is.
I don't like any of our CBs. This guy does lots of good stuff, but I think he is very rash and awful in possession.

I don't like any of our CBs. This guy does lots of good stuff, but I think he is very rash and awful in possession.
And at the start Lo Celso and Winks came and got the ball off the defence. Then it stopped, because the genius decided to play with a huge distance between the back line and midfield.

Good
Fast
Can be good in 1 on 1s
Can put in good recovery tackles
Doesn’t need to slide in

Bad
Caught out by the long ball over the top - often
Bizarre passing at times
Can be slow to close people down

basically I think he’s got great attributes but his reading of the game can be poor. CBs tend to be at their best ages 28-32. But what’s his ceiling?

Rag doll out there today. Sorry but we can't build a defence around him long term based on what I've seen during his time with us so far. Petrified of playing football so ends up not playing football. Too often a striker makes it hard work for him, it's a shame but a defender should inspire calmness and cofidence..... hardly any of ours do and it's alarming. Come on Dav, sort it out son.

Rag doll out there today. Sorry but we can't build a defence around him long term based on what I've seen during his time with us so far. Petrified of playing football so ends up not playing football. Too often a striker makes it hard work for him, it's a shame but a defender should inspire calmness and cofidence..... hardly any of ours do and it's alarming. Come on Dav, sort it out son.
Unfortunately I agree, he isn't good enough with the ball, and I just don't understand it, he's so strong at times yet gets bullied every so often

Sell him immediately

Beyond shocking this year

Worst Ajax defender ever when it comes to passing? Crazy how poor he is technically, and he completely lacks composure. Could have cost us 2-3 goals today if we'd faced quality opposition.

Back
Top Bottom