Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is not the first time I have been shouting at the TV because Dier keeps giving the ball to Sanchez. He does not know what to do with it most of the time and I am relieved when he does not give it away. Dier is much better at distribution and should just deal with it or pass to Davies and leave Sanchez out of it.

This is not the first time I have been shouting at the TV because Dier keeps giving the ball to Sanchez. He does not know what to do with it most of the time and I am relieved when he does not give it away. Dier is much better at distribution and should just deal with it or pass to Davies and leave Sanchez out of it.
In the first half neither Lo Celso or Sissoko came short to take the ball off the centre halves, that is, and has always been part of the midfielders game. In the second half Lo Celso dropped deep and the problem sorted itself out.

There was of course the fantastic pass Dav hit diagonally over their back line to Son which set up a chance late on. And also the fact that just having Dav in defense totally nulled Antonio as a threat as he had to push over to Dier and that didn't suit Antonio's game.

In the first half neither Lo Celso or Sissoko came short to take the ball off the centre halves, that is, and has always been part of the midfielders game. In the second half Lo Celso dropped deep and the problem sorted itself out.

There was of course the fantastic pass Dav hit diagonally over their back line to Son which set up a chance late on. And also the fact that just having Dav in defense totally nulled Antonio as a threat as he had to push over to Dier and that didn't suit Antonio's game.
I was as surprised as any with that cross field pass 😂.

One thing that doesn't work is Sanchez giving the ball into Sissoko. Winks is normally happy to collect the ball. But yesterday GLC could have picked up the ball more from the CBs. He grew into the game and no surprise we played better

I was as surprised as any with that cross field pass 😂.

One thing that doesn't work is Sanchez giving the ball into Sissoko. Winks is normally happy to collect the ball. But yesterday GLC could have picked up the ball more from the CBs. He grew into the game and no surprise we played better
That is definitely the role for GLC, summed up by that incredible turn, flick and carry in the second half.

Lo Celso is the "box to box boss".
He is different from Dembele, but he can do the same job in making us much better as a team.

That is definitely the role for GLC, summed up by that incredible turn, flick and carry in the second half.
Yeah that was magic.
I said he should play GLC as double pivot against teams that sit back. I would play him there again against Sheffield.

Against teams that will attack us. I would rather we played a DM and GLC in the 3 behind Kane.

Without fans you can clearly hear Dier, along with Lloris, organising the back line, bellowing at those who step out of line or make mistakes and encouraging their good moments.

That's exactly what Davinson Sanchez, who requires a guiding hand, has needed and his pace is complementing Dier's displays well.

The England international being able to play comfortably on the left of the centre-back duo has also made for a more natural pairing.

The first 3 months of the next season are his last chance. That's it. If he doesn't prove himself then by being consistent, he can fuck off as well. I'm sick and tired of hum playing 2 great games and 1 shite one.

I've said it before and will say it again, he's just not good enough, he must average two or three brainfarts a game.

He doesnt excell at anything in particular and his judgment of the high ball is atrocious.

Keep hearing he's young, raw talent etc but that's been going on for 2-3 years with minimal improvement. I'm sorry, we dont have 5 years to nuture him into being a decent player whilst putting up with bad performances and massive inconsistency.

Cost almost £40 mil and you expect better, simple as that.

Brain transplant with Ledley and he'd be a superstar. Strong knees.
We paid £40+ million for a player that can't do the basics of a footballer which is to pass the ball from a to b.
At the time of his signing we also probably 2 of the best central defenders in the league and Wimmer who was decent back up.
Good athlete terrible footballer we will be lucky to get £15 million for him now.

Back
Top Bottom