Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still not ready to give up on him, although I can't say that he was good today. He has the doorstop Sissoko doing fuck all in front of him and has to cover for Aurier's brain farts for 90 minutes.

We've seen brilliance by him when he has support around him, and unrealistic to expect him to shine with so much abject shit around him. Just like everyone else today though, nowhere near good enough.

He was definitely the least shit out of the whole back four.

Not his best performance though, you're right.
Well i'm not sure honestly. Him keeping the ball in for Sheffield and then walking around like a clown for the 3rd I think it was was disgraceful. But none of them really covered themselves in glory and I'd say they were all equally pathetic. Maybe Aurier gets a 2/10 instead of 1 by constantly trying to create something down the right, even if he fucked every single chance up with a scuffed cross.

Tbf I thought he had started to turn a corner. Can't drop the old ball-watching habit.

If a football can hypnotise him like that could Derren Brown maybe make him into a decent player? Good enough athlete.
His technique is shit shit shit. He's been a pro for like 10 years, if he hasn't got it by now, he never will. He's a Newcastle level defender. Wouldn't get into Wolves or Burnley's team ahead of their average defenders, he's just not good enough on the ball.

Agree his technique can be lacking, I think Mourinho likes his pace and ability in the air, he can shift and always looks fit. Anything he hits over 20 yards is a greater risk from him than practically everyone else in the squad IMO, which is brutal.

Last edited:
Agree his technique can be lacking, I think Mourinho likes his pace and ability in the air, be can shift and always looks fit. Anything he hits over 20 yards is a greater risk from him than practically everyone else in the squad IMO, which is brutal.

He's fast, strong, and can be a good stopper/blocker. Has a bad habit of ball watching and some of his passing is hopeless. I actually think he's OK with the right sort of player next to him - a ball playing centre back with a bit of vision. I just can't believe we dumped £45 million on him - well I can actually, our recruitment is that bad.

I wouldn't give up on Davinson, he's got great qualities and could be a useful squad player. Just think we could have done more with the fortune we lavished on him.

He has been better than Dier both today and all season long but his lack of passing is really concerning. i still think he can be a useful CB if partnered with the right player but he is very limited in what he can do with his limitations in playing the ball. He had a play in the first half where he read it perfectly picked out the right pass to Kane but then drilled the ball so hard Kane had no chance. it wasn't a difficult pass but a play he is just unable to make.

He also hasn't progressed at all since coming here so while he may be young-ish I am not sure there is much growth left in his game at this point.

Obviously, since he was fucking dogshit.
Big clap for him.
c7637f69873778e8e9b0aed5f581b9e5d878178cdaa23fe3b06f48c7c9bde17a.jpg

We paid £40+ million for a player that can't do the basics of a footballer which is to pass the ball from a to b.
At the time of his signing we also probably 2 of the best central defenders in the league and Wimmer who was decent back up.
Good athlete terrible footballer we will be lucky to get £15 million for him now.
Ok all you say is true but can anyone tell me why the man who identified his main weaknesses passing out from the back has him doing just this. The man has lost it. You could see united pressing us to give him the ball.

he's got great qualities
What are those? What exactly are his qualities that lead you to believe he shouldn't be cast aside? Pace? Actually not that fast. Strength? Only when barging a player but otherwise his positioning and lack of balance/coordination allow him to be rolled or ragdolled. Reading of the game/anticipation? Nah. Distribution? Nah. Aerial ability/judgment of ballflight? LOL.

Ok all you say is true but can anyone tell me why the man who identified his main weaknesses passing out from the back has him doing just this. The man has lost it. You could see united pressing us to give him the ball.
We do not currently have anyone in our squad of defenders capable of playing in a top 4 side maybe 2 years ago Toby and Jan but both of them are well past their best.
We have massive problems

Indeed and not something I can see him improving upon really. The whole defence is a shambles
But then why are we relying on a centre half to pass our way through midfield?

Shouldn't there be a midfielder doing that?

Here's a question. Why in the last 2 games has Gio in the first half not dropped deep to pick the ball up, but done so after half time?

Back
Top Bottom