Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dav was really poor today with the 3rd goal, but I still think there is a quality CB in there. I think Dier and Dav would look a lot better if we had a halfway decent CDM and FBs.

I think Mou got outcoached by Sheffield's Manager today too. Their formation is a deceptively tricky one to play against, and we got totally done by their flex 5 midfield.

Dav was really poor today with the 3rd goal, but I still think there is a quality CB in there. I think Dier and Dav would look a lot better if we had a halfway decent CDM and FBs.

I think Mou got outcoached by Sheffield's Manager today too. Their formation is a deceptively tricky one to play against, and we got totally done by their flex 5 midfield.
Sanchez will never be good enough for where we want to be.

Sanchez will never be good enough for where we want to be.

Never is a very long time, and ignores the potential for change and improvement.

I think you're wrong about Dav, and being implicitly over-generous to the abysmally poor CDMs and FBs that preceded his supposed bad bits of play.

Never is a very long time, and ignores the potential for change and improvement.

I think you're wrong about Dav, and being implicitly over-generous to the abysmally poor CDMs and FBs that preceded his supposed bad bits of play.
Are you his father?
He has not improved 1% since he has been here.
£40+ million we really have had our pants pulled down on this one we will be lucky to get £15 million back which is the price we would pay for a championship defender.
PS I also agree with your comments on the other players you mentioned.

To be honest I'm done with him now
He's regressed massively
Has very little ability on the ball and makes so many positional errors time and time again. I don't think you can coach someone to the extent he'd need to be coached

Just don't know what to do with him because no club will pay anywhere near £42m for him.

The standards people judge the lad by are so, so very different to the standards others get judged by. Yes he was a bit out of position for the third goal, but the build up to it tore our entire defence a new dung chute. Had he done anything wrong prior to that? Gave the ball away once that I can remember and that's it.

Meanwhile the revising of history by some to make us believe that it's still 2016 and Toby and Jan are an unbeatable duo, when the truth is they have been responsible for the concession of more goals than Dav, Dier and Aurier combined.

So if we do decide to get rid of Dav, we're left with one youngster, one converting player and one well past it player living off memories.

So wouldn't the best thing be for our manager, going forward (whoever that is long term) to work on a system that benefits Dav and the rest of the team? Say like someone to take the ball off the defence and let the defenders defend?

The standards people judge the lad by are so, so very different to the standards others get judged by. Yes he was a bit out of position for the third goal, but the build up to it tore our entire defence a new dung chute. Had he done anything wrong prior to that? Gave the ball away once that I can remember and that's it.

Meanwhile the revising of history by some to make us believe that it's still 2016 and Toby and Jan are an unbeatable duo, when the truth is they have been responsible for the concession of more goals than Dav, Dier and Aurier combined.

So if we do decide to get rid of Dav, we're left with one youngster, one converting player and one well past it player living off memories.

So wouldn't the best thing be for our manager, going forward (whoever that is long term) to work on a system that benefits Dav and the rest of the team? Say like someone to take the ball off the defence and let the defenders defend?

You're just not being objective. He was shit from start to finish. He was as poor as anyone for the 2 first goals. just poor poor poor.

Funniest thing he did was spring down the side and save the ball from going out... only to give it to Sheffield who scored in the next passage. Just a disaster all round. Headless chicken.

He's like Dier... a donkey. He's not a central defender for a modern top team, his ability to read the game, awareness and skill on the ball are atrocious. He's strong, quick and decisive in a low block and would fit a worse team... but our starting cb for the next few years? Please god, no.

You're just not being objective. He was shit from start to finish. He was as poor as anyone for the 2 first goals. just poor poor poor.

Funniest thing he did was spring down the side and save the ball from going out... only to give it to Sheffield who scored in the next passage. Just a disaster all round. Headless chicken.

He's like Dier... a donkey. He's not a central defender for a modern top team, his ability to read the game, awareness and skill on the ball are atrocious. He's strong, quick and decisive in a low block and would fit a worse team... but our starting cb for the next few years? Please god, no.
I'm not being objective? . The first goal came down the opposite side of the pitch, the second he marked his man perfectly.

Defensively I don’t think there’s anyone

For Sanchez think Foyth
Yep.

We don't have a single defensive player now that can be relied upon.

Granted players make the odd mistake, but I would not bet on any of our players to not have a brain fart at some point in the game. Including 'sensible' players like Davies and Toby.

Yep.

We don't have a single defensive player now that can be relied upon.

Granted players make the odd mistake, but I would not bet on any of our players to not have a brain fart at some point in the game. Including 'sensible' players like Davies and Toby.
Toby doesn't have brain farts, he simply can't cope with the demands of the EPL.
Whoever offered him that contract was on some fantastic weed at the time.

Yeah your right he gets knocked off the ball surprisingly easily.
Not really surprising. If a small bulky, and by bulky I mean muscular bulk, striker barges a tall CH, chances are the striker will come out on top due to a lower centre of gravity. The key is not to try and out muscle a striker who legs are planted, you tackle him when he's off balance. Dav needs to work on this.

I've been critical of him time and time again in this thread. And I agree that Sheffield game was not among his best. I agree that his passing is not top level.

But looking at the current state of the squad, selling him would be awful idea. Who do we play in CB then? Jan will leave, god I hope Foyth as well (how fucking long do we play around with him? just not good enough), Toby is past his prime, Tanganga seems promising but right now I would say that he is "a sure thing" quite yet.

Opposed to some others, I can recall some games where Dav was good. Though as someone mentioned- mostly in games we were on the backfoot most of the time.

I am not saying that some specific situations / decisions were because of that, but more general reason why every single defensive player has looked s*it at times is that our midfield don't provide enough cover for defense. Get in a strong and good DM. I don't think it was just random that people started to notice Jan-Toby flaws more after changes in CM department either.

So to me it would seem way more logical to ship out Jan and Foyth; give Tanganga some more time to settle in and prove himself, bring in one new and good CB. And Tanganga proves himsef further + new acquizition is success - then move him on in next summer. We cannot do everything with one go (e.g sell Rose, Jan, Foyth, Sanchez, KWP, Aurier and bring in 2 new fullbacks + 2 new CBs) - thats not how team dynamics work.

I've been critical of him time and time again in this thread. And I agree that Sheffield game was not among his best. I agree that his passing is not top level.

But looking at the current state of the squad, selling him would be awful idea. Who do we play in CB then? Jan will leave, god I hope Foyth as well (how fucking long do we play around with him? just not good enough), Toby is past his prime, Tanganga seems promising but right now I would say that he is "a sure thing" quite yet.

Opposed to some others, I can recall some games where Dav was good. Though as someone mentioned- mostly in games we were on the backfoot most of the time.

I am not saying that some specific situations / decisions were because of that, but more general reason why every single defensive player has looked s*it at times is that our midfield don't provide enough cover for defense. Get in a strong and good DM. I don't think it was just random that people started to notice Jan-Toby flaws more after changes in CM department either.

So to me it would seem way more logical to ship out Jan and Foyth; give Tanganga some more time to settle in and prove himself, bring in one new and good CB. And Tanganga proves himsef further + new acquizition is success - then move him on in next summer. We cannot do everything with one go (e.g sell Rose, Jan, Foyth, Sanchez, KWP, Aurier and bring in 2 new fullbacks + 2 new CBs) - thats not how team dynamics work.
It's better to use a player who fits your system, but has less talent, than a player with more talent, but who does not fit your system.

Sanchez can't pass. He is a good defender but lacks technique. Do we want to play out of defence or do we want to hoof it? Make your choice based on that.

But we can't keep buying players who don't fit our player profiles. Have a defined tactical plan and players who fit it. That's really all that matters. Are Huth and Morgan great defenders? Yes. Can they pass well? Nope. But they fit the tactic. Sanchez hasn't so far.

Back
Top Bottom