Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm utterly baffled by the hatred among Spurs fans towards Dav, absolutely dumbstruck.

He did everything well today, not one even half mistake, just totally solid.

Yet on BBC he gets a rating of 5.41

What the actual fuck?

I'm utterly baffled by the hatred among Spurs fans towards Dav, absolutely dumbstruck.

He did everything well today, not one even half mistake, just totally solid.

Yet on BBC he gets a rating of 5.41

What the actual fuck?

He was good today. He has good and bad games but if he can resolve his consistency he is a top CB.

He was good today. He has good and bad games but if he can resolve his consistency he is a top CB.
Stop.
He's nowhere near top CBs. His passing ability doesn't exist, he has too many mistakes and fuck ups...

He was good today.

But I want him out next season just like Aurier. If we can get 40-50M for them both it would be fantastic.

Stop.
He's nowhere near top CBs. His passing ability doesn't exist, he has too many mistakes and fuck ups...

He was good today.

But I want him out next season just like Aurier. If we can get 40-50M for them both it would be fantastic.

Yes he is not the greatest on the ball but he is a good stopper and that is hard to come by. Our defensive issues are more to do with the lack of a proper decent DM and average full backs.

I think he can be a really good CB. Yes, not great on the ball, but very very quick. He needs to work on his strength. Not worth giving up on him. If we are losing Jan, Toby/Dav/Tanganga/Dier is a good group.

CBs can peak later in their careers and I don’t know what it is, but I think Davinson can make it. All the physical traits are there and we have seen him have immense games. He’s not consistent yet but Van Dijk wasn’t at 23 either.

CBs can peak later in their careers and I don’t know what it is, but I think Davinson can make it. All the physical traits are there and we have seen him have immense games. He’s not consistent yet but Van Dijk wasn’t at 23 either.
Van Dijk was playing small time football in a tinpot league at 23.

I'm happy with Dier. Toby on the right and Eric on the left has been good and hopefully that continues.
Tanganga-who knows?

What you are proposing is us spending money on two CBs this summer. I think bringing in a CB makes sense because Vertonghen is leaving and I’m not sure we should be comfortable with Tanganga as 4th choice yet. He can be an emergency CB/backup to RB/LB.

But when we have obvious needs at DM, RB, and backup FWD, can we really afford to go out and get two CBs as well? Keep in mind that scouting and funds are significantly impacted by Covid as well. We need to prioritize this summer in a way we didn’t in January.

He is fine with paired with a better CB that can play the ball like Toby. Where he will struggle is playing with a worse CB than him who can't play the ball like Dier. As the 2nd choice CB and not forced to play the ball too much he is a fine option.

Playing with Toby allows him to focus on the specific things he is good at with a defined role, Toby can worry about covering more ground, playing the ball out and taking care of the most dangerous players.

What you are proposing is us spending money on two CBs this summer. I think bringing in a CB makes sense because Vertonghen is leaving and I’m not sure we should be comfortable with Tanganga as 4th choice yet. He can be an emergency CB/backup to RB/LB.

But when we have obvious needs at DM, RB, and backup FWD, can we really afford to go out and get two CBs as well? Keep in mind that scouting and funds are significantly impacted by Covid as well. We need to prioritize this summer in a way we didn’t in January.
That's actually a good point.
I think we need a left sided defender to replace Jan but we don't need to buy a right sided CB.
Cross the other bridges when we come to them.

He was very good indeed and he was against Woolwich, but this is not the problem. The comendenomiator is he is poor when we have the ball. I like the lad, happy to have him, Woolwich and Newcastle were stupid however we struggle as, against Bournemouth when we have the ball. Newcastle and the gooners before them kept coming at us.It was fine when he played with Dembele in front of him because he could break the lines Winks, not so much. If he stays then we better integrate N'dombele.

Back
Top Bottom