Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, that's because the great majority of the time he's in an aerial duel, it's him that's heading it.

He's a great athlete, he can tackle, he's defensively aware and responsible and he's one of very few properly hard guys we have.

He's not a "classy" player. But he adds important things that we're otherwise lacking and he seems to fit what Mourinho wants to do.

Not today though, yikes, Adams and Djenepo were clowning him out there. He usually stays with his man a lot better than that. Djenepo looks a player though in fairness.
I'm sorry he's just a walking disaster... he's a good athlete kind of... in the sense that he's not really slow and he's kinda tall. But he gets beaten so often, can't head the ball, can't pass, barely tackle.

He's just not good enough. He's not a PL top 10 team defender. 42m? having a laugh!

A lot of people saying this guy needs to be the first name on the team sheet but his brainless mistake in conceding that corner almost sent us out of Europe.

I think he can still make it but he has to cut out the shit mistakes. It’s impossible to concede such a stupid corner against such a feeble opponent.

He's still pretty young so has time to get better but I hear you - if we can find a more consistent alternative then we should sit him and/or let him go. Unfortunately, it's unclear who we can rely on at this particular moment in time.

Kick off today Southampton had 4 guys lined up to attack our our right side.
At fault for their goal today and the goal v Plovdiv.
His attempt to block the header vs Plovdiv was a joke... got spun around like a ballerina. No strength for such a big frame. Fraud.

Kick off today Southampton had 4 guys lined up to attack our right side.
At fault for their goal today and the goal v Plovdiv.

Cracking ball from wide.... Excellent finish.

Btw, anyone that insists Dav can't pass: Check out his pass to Kane for the 4th goal.

I love this stuff. As if Sanchez was just perfect and great and always performed...

Dude stays quiet and people forget his countless calamitious fuck ups.

He's an average defender who is kinda strong but gets bullied a lot and just doesn't impose himself. Dier and Vertonghen aren't much better but still, none of these guys are that great.
Ledley King was a Rolls Royce.
Davinson is more like a Skoda Superb.

Good athlete, but a slightly below average footballer tbh. Far too erratic, if we manage to get this big lad from Benfica him and Foyth will be the first two out the door IMO.

Ledley King was a Rolls Royce.
Davinson is more like a Skoda Superb.

Good athlete, but a slightly below average footballer tbh. Far too erratic, if we manage to get this big lad from Benfica him and Foyth will be the first two out the door IMO.
I thought he'd become a monster, an incredibly strong defender. Sadly he's like bambi on ice. Towering frame but no sustance. really disappointing imo.

Played another couple good passes forward along the ground tonight. I thought he looked good last season when Mou first came on but has looked shaky to start the season.

Still think he is the best CB to pair with Toby at the moment and those two should be the first choice pair, pending Škriniar.

I've said it multiple times on here, he's just not good enough.

Sure, he has the odd impressive game but he has no consistency and can barely pass a football. Error prone too.

For a £42 million signing who has been here for a few seasons, he's just not at the level required

Back
Top Bottom