Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think its over for Sanchez.

He's not making the starting XI despite Mourinho wanting a pacier player. In fact you feel like he's only getting picked because he's fast.
Every game he does some good things but then does a lot of bad things such as poor clearances or sloppy passes. Unfortunately this is something consistent in his games - errors.
I think Mourinho is fed up of him and honestly I'd take anything above £25m for him.

I thought that his first season with us was promising- a bit raw around the edges, but with experience alongside Super Jan, we would see why he was rated so highly. Unfortunately, he wasn't utilized in his second season and his form never recovered. I'm not sure that he will make the cut as a first choice CB, as I don't think Jose will take any chances. IMO, he works better if we play three at the back.
Sooner have Ben Davies

Exactly - if we play 3 at the back, we have options.
Ben Davies and I also think that Tanganga (whenever he will be back) are good at back 3.

No need to keep someone shaky there, if decent offer would come in.

And as I mentioned in trasnfer window thread, selling him to Pool (though extremely unlikely) would be a slamdunk . Rip direct competitor off with a price, avoid them getting someone of real quality, get rid of underperforming asset and have a chance to strenghten your own side... whats there not to like.

I thought that his first season with us was promising- a bit raw around the edges, but with experience alongside Super Jan, we would see why he was rated so highly. Unfortunately, he wasn't utilized in his second season and his form never recovered. I'm not sure that he will make the cut as a first choice CB, as I don't think Jose will take any chances. IMO, he works better if we play three at the back.
AZSpurs - why the disagree, or did your finger slip?

Not good enough. Plain and simple.

I’ve alluded to it before, but whoever scouted him and thought he’d fit our style of play, particularly when at the time we had a manager who’s system depended on CBs being comfortable on the ball, is someone I hope is no longer employed at the club.

Everyone referring to his solid debut season. Whats the point in that?

He played as the central cb in a back 3, basically a sweeper. Next to Toby and Jan both in their primes.

Very well protected.

He is an accident waiting to happen when he is on the pitch.

They´ve got the best team.

Ecuador have been pretty good in qualifying however.

Conceding only 2 goals from open play in their opening 4 games. And only losing 1-0 to Argentina thanks to a Messi penalty.

Whereas Colombia were lucky to grab a point against Chile and got absolutely smashed by Uruguay, their only win coming against Venezuela who are the 2nd worst team in the whole qualifiers. And they weren't even favourites to win this game with the bookies.

Not sure what's going on with Colombia, they've looked pretty average for a while now even with the decent team they have.

5-1 now.

Tell you what - I REALLY like the look of that Moises Caicedo for Ecuador - 19 year old in the centre of the parkand he's bossing it. He has 1 goal and 3 assists in qualifying in 4 games.

Love his little flick in the build up to this goal:

One to look out for.

Last edited:
Ecuador have been pretty good in qualifying however.

Conceding only 2 goals from open play in their opening 4 games. And only losing 1-0 to Argentina thanks to a Messi penalty.

Whereas Colombia were lucky to grab a point against Chile and got absolutely smashed by Uruguay, their only win coming against Venezuela who are the 2nd worst team in the whole qualifiers. And they weren't even favourites to win this game with the bookies.

Not sure what's going on with Colombia, they've looked pretty average for a while now even with the decent team they have.

5-1 now.
I agree with most of what you said. I think Colombia did well in their first two games, though. They played better than Chile - difficult match -, in my opinion.

P.S: 6-1.

Last edited:
Everyone referring to his solid debut season. Whats the point in that?

He played as the central cb in a back 3, basically a sweeper. Next to Toby and Jan both in their primes.

Very well protected.

He is an accident waiting to happen when he is on the pitch.

He played many games with just him and Jan in the first season, that was the one where Toby got that big injury and couldn’t get his place back in the second half of the season. He played very well that year.

Back
Top Bottom