Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's quite incredible that we have the 2nd best defence in the league, yet reading the thread on every one of our defenders it simply doesn't reflect their performances. You lot absolutely hate them all, you slate each and every one of them!!

Why don't you take a step back and think why you are doing this, what's causing you to lose your shit? Maybe the manager is playing you all, his blaming the players routine is infectious, your anger at dropping points needs to be targeted and Jose knows this, so before the fingers get pointed towards him, he makes sure he directs some of you to his chosen culprits. He's set you all up like prime suckers.
Bullshit. People can call out what they see with their own eyes, has nothing to do with the manager.

Mourinho hasnt JUST realised our defenders' abilities individually though. He's been around them for over 12 months now.

So why does he continue to put pressure on them to see out games at 1-0 when it's a fact that the more pressure a defence is under, the more mistakes will be made.
How’s he putting pressure on them to see games out 1 fucking nil, when we miss 2-4 clear chances to score every single game?

How’s he putting pressure on them to see games out 1 fucking nil, when we miss 2-4 clear chances to score every single game?

If you can't see huge differences between our first half and second half performances, I can only assume you're blind

Mourinho's reaction to the weakness of our defence was to hand out two massive contracts to two of them. £14million per year on Toby and Eric
Yeah because he learned from his Utd stint. It’s better to have the main men from the previous regime on your side than not. If you plan to be there for a while, you can slowly ease them out, rather than take the clear out approach immediately.

So you’re saying the other team stepping up their attack is the manager telling us to drop deep? Have you ever played football?

We do drop deep. Deeper as the game goes on.

Are you saying that the players are flat out refusing to listen to the manager and instead are simply doing their own thing by just moving deeper as the game goes on?

Teams come onto us in the second half because they know they can. Nearly every single second half in the league this season has been the same. Players tend to drop that little bit deeper. We tend to knock it long a lot more and aim to counter a lot more as by being 1-0 up, it forces opponents on to us for that to happen.

Fulham must have been buzzing at half time being 1-0 down. Most Spurs fans were shitting themselves because of the inevitable.

Have you watched a Spurs game this season?

Last edited:
thats whats going to happen when you have donkeys at the back, sissoko or winks..or both! in midfield, and son up top...you wont keep the ball much. hojbjerg needs ball players around him or he gets suffocated too. thats why its paramount mourinho gets a quality CM in this window
I get ya drift but any team with any defenders will defiantly concede if they are constantly bombarded. Dier,Toby are very good defenders, Rodon looks quality too but Sanchez just don't cut the mustard for me.
Winks on the other hand I feel is a good enough squad player but His role in the team is limited.
I'd prefer to have Ndombele next to PEH with Dele as a 10 but its all about opinions.

We do drop deep. Deeper as the game goes on.

Are you saying that the players are flat out refusing to listen to the manager and instead are simply doing their own thing by just moving deeper as the game goes on?

Have you watched a Spurs game this season?
I mean, it’s there in the Amazon documentary. Over and over again. I don’t know what else to say.

Some of our players simply do not have the ability and we will continue to suffer the same issues until we bring in the necessary additions.

Yes, we want to play expansive and aesthetically pleasing football with results to match, and this season there has been evidence that we are getting closer to that. However, we are being undone by elementary mistakes. Game after game.

The right thing to do is to ask other members of the team to babysit and watch over the mistake prone players. If you have played you would know how that can affect attack.

I mean, it’s there in the Amazon documentary. Over and over again. I don’t know what else to say.

Some of our players simply do not have the ability and we will continue to suffer the same issues until we bring in the necessary additions.

Yes, we want to play expansive and aesthetically pleasing football with results to match, and this season there has been evidence that we are getting closer to that. However, we are being undone by elementary mistakes. Game after game.

The right thing to do is to ask other members of the team to babysit and watch over the mistake prone players. If you have played you would know how that can affect attack.

I think another poster said it right in another thread with regards to what's going on mostly.

"He has stated numerous times that the teams second half capitulations are not to do with his instructions but due to the players but this cannot be true. I definitely do not think he is actively instructing them "ok lads let's just sit back and invite pressure" but we have seen from the documentary he emphasises defending and individual mistakes a lot.

If you're listening to a team talk where you're winning and the manager is concentrating on the need to focus on defending and not making mistakes and to keep it tight as opposed to directing stuff at the attack about the vital need to continue to attack then of course thats what the players will be primarily thinking. If you're telling Aurier "ok Serge make sure no silly free kicks and stay tight on their wide player" as opposed to "serge continue attacking and putting the crosses in at every opportunity" of course Aurier will be focusing on just sitting back and trying to play safe.

Going by the evidence Jose is not proactive enough in his subs unless its europa league games with the B team. He just watches us getting hammered and does nothing until its too late. In the Europa league he's ruthless against players like Vinicius, Dele, Bale but in the league he is happy to just let the other team come into it in the hope Kane or Son can provide a counter attack goal. I don't like that tactic...its works sometimes but the over reliance on it is odd to say the least."

Oh I played at a pretty decent level, don't worry about me. As if that actually matters though considering you yourself are blaming PROFESSIONALS for not understanding fundamentals or listening to managers.

I think another poster said it right in another thread with regards to what's going on mostly.

"He has stated numerous times that the teams second half capitulations are not to do with his instructions but due to the players but this cannot be true. I definitely do not think he is actively instructing them "ok lads let's just sit back and invite pressure" but we have seen from the documentary he emphasises defending and individual mistakes a lot.

If you're listening to a team talk where you're winning and the manager is concentrating on the need to focus on defending and not making mistakes and to keep it tight as opposed to directing stuff at the attack about the vital need to continue to attack then of course thats what the players will be primarily thinking. If you're telling Aurier "ok Serge make sure no silly free kicks and stay tight on their wide player" as opposed to "serge continue attacking and putting the crosses in at every opportunity" of course Aurier will be focusing on just sitting back and trying to play safe.

Going by the evidence Jose is not proactive enough in his subs unless its europa league games with the B team. He just watches us getting hammered and does nothing until its too late. In the Europa league he's ruthless against players like Vinicius, Dele, Bale but in the league he is happy to just let the other team come into it in the hope Kane or Son can provide a counter attack goal. I don't like that tactic...its works sometimes but the over reliance on it is odd to say the least."

Oh I played at a pretty decent level, don't worry about me. As if that actually matters though considering you yourself are blaming PROFESSIONALS for not understanding fundamentals or listening to managers.
Whatever you say mate.

Gets called out and calls for help.
Shithouse.
The manager is doing a good job come back at the end of the season and we will see
I want you binned for your personal abuse, which I don't tolerate. You are incapable of having a debate on any subject without personally abusing the person you disagree with. Maybe that's because you are 12 or whatever, or maybe you're simply thick as pigshit and it's all you got.

How we play has "nothing to do with the manager". A true Jose disciple defending this dull boring shitshow.

:mourthumb:

(Unless of course when he wins).
Sigh. I am seeing progress. If you don’t see it, that’s your choice. We haven’t had the right results when we should’ve and that’s fair enough for anyone to have a right go. Just don’t act like we are not making progress, albeit very frustratingly.

I want you binned for your personal abuse, which I don't tolerate. You are incapable of having a debate on any subject without personally abusing the person you disagree with. Maybe that's because you are 12 or whatever, or maybe you're simply thick as pigshit and it's all you got.
Just like I said Prick
We have far too many so called fans like you who will not give the manager a chance, after all he has won more trophies in his career than we have in our history.
I want you binned ha ha shithouse

The same personal abuse you give to our manager everytime we don't win a game.
Please help Guido he is as weak as piss

Back
Top Bottom