Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't given up on Dav! Still think he can be a top level CB. Needs a consistent partner but he's got the ability just needs to cut out the brain farts.

you have to concentrate for 90mins

Dav's an 88 minute man but he's got 90 in him!
Believe!

It's not hypothetical. He made a terrible clearance, no need to delude yourself otherwise. We are very lucky it didn't cost us the three points.

As I said above, he was probably our best player but that doesn't exempt him for being criticised for what was, quite obviously, a terrible piece of play.
Harsh.

Maybe he just got the luck that his performance deserved. After all, I'd rather be lucky than just good.

Sanchez is nowhere near as bad as people make him out. Some say he's the worst CB in the league or worst player in Spurs history. It's nuts.

He still is not good enough to be a nailed on starter but hes 24. He hasn't improved as much as I'd have liked and there's a decent chance he may never turn out good, but it would be stupid to completely write him off.

the next time he ended up clearing it when Lloris could have ended up getting it
That’s not Sanchez’s fault. Plainly Hugo didn’t make it clear it should have been his.

It wasn’t faultless but that’s the life of a defender. There are VERY few faultless performances. And they would almost always be given MOTM.

This was an above average performance on the back of a first rate performance. He made a couple of crucial challenges again tonight. He’s definitely improving and deserves to start the next PL game in my opinion.

It would be harsh to drop him after 2 clean sheets.

I haven't given up on Dav! Still think he can be a top level CB. Needs a consistent partner but he's got the ability just needs to cut out the brain farts.

you have to concentrate for 90mins

Dav's an 88 minute man but he's got 90 in him!
Believe!
top level CB? no chance! you only have to check that hash up of a clearance earlier for proof! not only does he not actually need to rush a clearance, he does it with the ball under him while going backwards and bending forwards..generating the power of a 8 year old....shocking defender! completely unnecessary.

and these costly moments are happening EVERY game! his decision making is awful, the sooner we get rid of him and dier the better. games will be far more comfortable once them two donkeys arent around to mess it up

One of Dav or Dier has to go. Clearly neither is starting level top 4 material.

Dav is younger and more upside, so my vote is Dier. Barely.

We clearly need a new world class CB come August. Then potentially another the next August, unless Rodon develops into that second CB role when Toby is on his way out for good.

Still hoping Sanchez puts it all together. He's reminiscent of Kyle Walker early on, or now he only really changed for about 18 months, in that he struggles to string good form together and too often undoes 70 minutes of good work with one massive gaffe.

Days like today give you the belief to sustain. But people give him too much stick at times. At 24 VVD had just moved to Soton from Celtic, and Jan and Toby were both still at Ajax. He's likely 4-5 seasons away from peaking. Be nice if he comes good before then, but certainly not one to give up on.

That doesn't mean we don't need to sign a pair of CBs in the summer, just that Sanchez doesn't need to be pushed out to make room.

Still hoping Sanchez puts it all together. He's reminiscent of Kyle Walker early on, or now he only really changed for about 18 months, in that he struggles to string good form together and too often undoes 70 minutes of good work with one massive gaffe.

Days like today give you the belief to sustain. But people give him too much stick at times. At 24 VVD had just moved to Soton from Celtic, and Jan and Toby were both still at Ajax. He's likely 4-5 seasons away from peaking. Be nice if he comes good before then, but certainly not one to give up on.

That doesn't mean we don't need to sign a pair of CBs in the summer, just that Sanchez doesn't need to be pushed out to make room.
That's fine. But let's not pretend he's ready to start. And accept that he may never be, despite the price tag.

Back
Top Bottom