Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we had paid 25 million for him couldn't really argue with his time at the club. It's the 45 million and at the time club record fee that makes all the mistakes he's made stand out

Great first season then from there despite some decent spells he never improved and the brain farts and lack off passing ability have really never improved

If we can sell him and get someone else in who will improve on him we 100% should
problem is he looked immense for ajax, we usually have a good track record there

maybe it was de ligt who made him look good i dont know but he was good there

I literally could not disagree more. He was an absolutely appalling mistake of a signing. We signed him as our record signing in literally the one position in the team we didn’t need to strengthen that summer as we already had the best two centre backs in the league.

Then Toby did his hamstring and started 13 league games that season and Sanchez started 29.

“Didn’t need”……. Ok……..

Conte calls him "Patron" for some reason.
His contract expires 2024. Does he want to run that down or does he want to play football?
Hopefully the latter and we can loan him to Italy or Spain with a buy clause.

Conte calls him "Patron" for some reason.
His contract expires 2024. Does he want to run that down or does he want to play football?
Hopefully the latter and we can loan him to Italy or Spain with a buy clause.

El Patron = The Boss.

A loan makes no particular sense to us... That would allow him to run into his final year.

Either Conte sees value in him being here (in which case we extend his deal) or we sell this summer.

We desperately need at least 1 more good centre back.
It would be good to upgrade in that are. The problem is always going to be how to keep the back-ups happy when there simply isn’t a great deal of rotation amongst them.
A cover CB at most top 4 clubs will probably waltz into a full time position at a lower club in the Prem or almost anywhere overseas. The question becomes will someone like Dier or Davies settle for that. Davies, at least, can cover extra minutes at LWB and, given the fragility of Regi/ Sess, is likely to do so. Dier is probably on the verge of an England recall and I can’t see him being willing to be an unused sub.

It would be good to upgrade in that are. The problem is always going to be how to keep the back-ups happy when there simply isn’t a great deal of rotation amongst them.
A cover CB at most top 4 clubs will probably waltz into a full time position at a lower club in the Prem or almost anywhere overseas. The question becomes will someone like Dier or Davies settle for that. Davies, at least, can cover extra minutes at LWB and, given the fragility of Regi/ Sess, is likely to do so. Dier is probably on the verge of an England recall and I can’t see him being willing to be an unused sub.

Davies has the most obvious scope for upgrade (you could replace Dier tomorrow, but still end up eyeing Davies's spot as having more room for up-scale)

+ He is the consummate pro when it comes to being a back-up.

One of Sanchez/Rodon/Tanganga needs to go in order to part fund a LCB upgrade.

Last edited:
Tanganga's injury and homegrowness will mean he stays.

Sanchez will fetch decent value so I think he gets sold. Rodon could easily go too but not sure we will sign 2 CBs along with all the other positions we need to address.

If we just signed 3 top class players at RWB, LCB and CM I think we'll be a great watch next season.

It's hard to say what that means in terms of success. We play in the hardest league in the world so even being a great team doesn't guarantee you win anything.

Tanganga's injury and homegrowness will mean he stays.

Sanchez will fetch decent value so I think he gets sold. Rodon could easily go too but not sure we will sign 2 CBs along with all the other positions we need to address.

If we just signed 3 top class players at RWB, LCB and CM I think we'll be a great watch next season.

It's hard to say what that means in terms of success. We play in the hardest league in the world so even being a great team doesn't guarantee you win anything.

I'd say it was a toss up.... Conte was more than happy to play Dav, whereas Rodon can't get a sniff and Japh had been a bit crap.

Gut says Rodon.... Maybe Japh too.

He wasn't bad today playing on the left :eek:
One good thing about Conte is he seems to keep all the squad members sweet.

Last edited:
He wasn't bad today playing on the left :eek:
One good thing about Conte is he seems to keep all the squad members sweet,

He did ok considering he’s not had many minutes lately. He also actually looked like he gave a fuck and was pushing forward and getting into the box a bit.

Came on, changed the game.

We went from both WBs having to have their hand held by their respective CB partner to both Dav & Romero being able to play how Conte actually intends......

Davies wasn't getting forward like he might cos Sess was a bombscare on his side and Rom (who, bless him, was working his bollocks off) was doing double duty for Emerson too.

double duty for Emerson
It's actually insane how many times he had to cover for a Emerson blunder. Romero is exactly the right kind of CB to cover for a defensive weak WB like Aurier/Trippier/Emerson. If Emerson could actually offer anything in attack like our last two RBs, we could get by.

Alas, that's a vain hope.

I was very worried when I heard Romeo wasn’t playing. Sanchez did himself proud today, didn’t put a foot wrong. The whole side were brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom