Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did well both defensively and offensively, and grew into the game. He sure would not have put off any suitors (as I wouldn't be surprised if he'll be sold this summer for a "good" fee).

Did well both defensively and offensively, and grew into the game. He sure would not have put off any suitors (as I wouldn't be surprised if he'll be sold this summer for a "good" fee).
Let's hope he does a Lo Celso in the last two games. We must not let a few decent games fool us into thinking he's someone we should rely on.

Couple of sketchy moments early on - to be expected with the lack of game time.
But did a good job throughout the 90.

Didn't give the ref a chance to even consider sending him off to balance the numbers. Solid.

I'll say it again....

I think Conte will opt to keep him in the summer.

You're right but I think if the club gets a good offer he's gone, Sevilla werr willing to pay last Sumner and I think Kounde will leave them and they will look to replace him with Sanchez.

Massive game. He demands more respect. And probably a few apologies too.
Excellant contribution in the last 2 matches, even if he's not as good as Romero he still played his part so fair play to him.
I'll say it again....

I think Conte will opt to keep him in the summer.

Actually came here to say the same.
He was out of the squad for quite a while. And when he was called upon, he came and fitted right in.

Of course as expected - his passing game and decisions are not quite as crafty as Romero's. But overall he has had good games.
And we have kept 2 clean sheets.

But to look further from just recent performances- I think Sanchez deserves quite significant respect for this season.
I checked the stats, and he has been in the squad (field or substitutions) for 49 games this season. So he has been pretty much ever-present. From these 49 times he has started roughly half (24 games), in further 7 he is brought on as sub and remining 18 games he has stayed on the bench. Overall he has played 2272 minutes which is equal to 25 full games.

I still think that he has some significant issues and sometimes I am quite terrified with him having to follow instructions and stay disciplined. Also there has been issue of clearing crosses / heading the ball, but it has been lot less visible lately. So I do not try to say like he wouldn't have his faults. But I am saying that he has been reliable and it would not be nearly the worst thing if we keep him (sell Rodon + CCV and bring in another good CB to have 5 main CBs to pick from + Tanganga as backup).

You're right but I think if the club gets a good offer he's gone, Sevilla werr willing to pay last Sumner and I think Kounde will leave them and they will look to replace him with Sanchez.

Yea, combined with what I said in last post - I think we should not let him go for peanuts.
30 mil should be absolute minimum - we don't desperately need him to go. And we would have to replace him if we let him go.

So only for good price...

Back
Top Bottom