Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Massive credit to him

He stepped into the team at a crucial time and barely put a foot wrong
3 appearances at the business end of the season...
3 clean sheets...

We barely missed Romero (except for the romantic notion of him playing his part and taking his deserved bow in the last few games).

Able deputy in Sanchez right there. He's definitely come of age.
Even Rodon played his part (albeit briefly!)

Don't get me wrong... Still need a QUALITY slot straight in CB this Summer... But Sanchez has proved he's more than capable of stepping in when needed.

At this point I’d rather we kept Sanchez as a back up. We are already signing another CB, so Sanchez will be our 5th choice. Sanchez is a fantastic 5th choice, it’s when he’s 2nd or 3rd choice that he needed upgrading.

At this point I’d rather we kept Sanchez as a back up. We are already signing another CB, so Sanchez will be our 5th choice. Sanchez is a fantastic 5th choice, it’s when he’s 2nd or 3rd choice that he needed upgrading.
Yeah but you have to realise I can't imagine he is going to want to 5th choice... I'm sure he wants first team football so we are better off cashing in.

It wasn’t just the end of the season, I thought he’s been very good in the majority of his appearances under Don Antonio and at the very least ensured that we can get a good fee for him.

That’s what great coaching can do.

I haven't changed my mind on his technical ability but he looked so much better last season than he has in the past

I'd imagine if we get a decent enough bid he will be off but I'm not against keeping him here next season

Pre-season, tough weather conditions, tired, out of position. All important context. Though same is true of others who seemed to play fairly well. Also true is we’ve seen him make the same kinds of mistakes before, quite a lot over the years. I think it’s fair for fans to be skeptical of him fixing it. Hopefully he does though (obviously).

3 appearances at the business end of the season...
3 clean sheets...

We barely missed Romero (except for the romantic notion of him playing his part and taking his deserved bow in the last few games).

Able deputy in Sanchez right there. He's definitely come of age.
Even Rodon played his part (albeit briefly!)

Don't get me wrong... Still need a QUALITY slot straight in CB this Summer... But Sanchez has proved he's more than capable of stepping in when needed.
Sanchez has the lot, pace power decent pace and is ok in the air.. BUT he has theae 'lapses of focus' and one leads to another...IF,, he can sort that out,imo, he could be one hell of a RHS CB... BIG if tho it's been going on for ever..

Pre-season, tough weather conditions, tired, out of position. All important context. Though same is true of others who seemed to play fairly well. Also true is we’ve seen him make the same kinds of mistakes before, quite a lot over the years. I think it’s fair for fans to be skeptical of him fixing it. Hopefully he does though (obviously).
Yeah, tought he was dominant defensively, despite the penalty, but done the same shite as always with the ball at his feet, the same player as ever, and that can be said about some others too. Hoping for improvements from the usual suspects, but today I have not seen that, only the youngsters were very good, our stars and Bentancur impressed me also.

Sanchez has the lot, pace power decent pace and is ok in the air.. BUT he has theae 'lapses of focus' and one leads to another...IF,, he can sort that out,imo, he could be one hell of a RHS CB... BIG if tho it's been going on for ever..

I think sometimes you gotta draw a line and give a player a clean slate.....

- Poch handled him badly.
- Jose & Nuno failed to settle on a back four and made all our defenders look bad.

Encouraging signs last season. Let's see if Conte can get the magic dust working.

I think sometimes you gotta draw a line and give a player a clean slate.....

- Poch handled him badly.
- Jose & Nuno failed to settle on a back four and made all our defenders look bad.

Encouraging signs last season. Let's see if Conte can get the magic dust working.
Yeah... I know what you mean... Contes big thing is fitness.... And the Italians have been known to be slightly more advanced in player management than us.... Look at the horrors hoddle went through after he took Eileen whats her name to a w/c, the Italians had been using one for... Ages... Perhaps its time for him to move on .. sods law he moves on and develops into that player we sort of knows there...contracted to 24 .... We paid a large CHUNK for him initially...so. Perhaps it time to recoup and replenish.

Back
Top Bottom