Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate all that shit, but it's so prevalent from both sides.... It's alien to the football I used to play and it baffles me how we don't see more cards and pens as a result.

I hadn't clocked him as being overtly bad for it... I'll keep a keen eye out.

He loves a cheeky shove in the back when ushering a ball out for a goalkick tho. Again, I'm baffled how these things don't get punished more, but he seems to have a technique that ref's tolerate.

Agree that he has figured out how not to get called for it. He has bulldozed over multiple guys in the last 12 months. Mostly Brazilians.

We need a dominant CB, Toby did it for a while and when he first arrived the defence noticeably improved. In the same way that Dawson improved and got into the England team on the back of playing with King, whoever partners a new dominant CB will improve whichever of the current players survives. Look how Liverpool improved after buying a dominant CB. Do not watch enough non Spurs matches to name who we should buy but whether Toby leaves or not we need to spend big in this area and not buy someone for the future or promote from the under23's.

MOTM but then that’s not saying a lot. Dier, Dele and Aurier were rubbish.
I feel sorry for my son I dragged the poor little bugger up there to watch the game today.
The highlight for me was the pie at half time.

was class today. snuffed out a hell of a lot of through balls from the Brighton midfield, his timing in the challenge was great and his reading of the game was the best of it all. turning in to the player we hoped he would be?...

was class today. snuffed out a hell of a lot of through balls from the Brighton midfield, his timing in the challenge was great and his reading of the game was the best of it all. turning in to the player we hoped he would be?...
He has it in him to be the rugged, no-nonsense type that Mourinho likes at CB.

Needs to keep up these performances, been consistent now for a few games. Reading the game well which is the next big step for a CB. Himself and Alderweireld aren’t looking too bad as a partnership. They just need decent full backs around them but I’m hopeful this is the start of something promising. Still only 23 aswel

I have critizised him so many times.. I mean... many.

But in last few games he has been one of the best players on the field. In Chelsea game the best player on our side. Focused, reading the game, tackling well, making right decisions.

Happy to be forced to take back my critique!!

I have to say he is probably the player I am least concerned about. Have a look at the CB in the league theres only about three tops better than he is now and he is younger than the lot of them. Whatever we look like in a years time he will be central to us getting any where.

Back
Top Bottom