Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I laughed when so many lined up to criticise him on the match thread as "never been good enough" after being our best defender this season and having some fantastic games in the past couple of years.

Just remember, when we went through a run of conceding 16 goals in 6 games this season, he wasn't playing.

He's been great lately. Off night.

Just happened to have a few high balls to deal with on a really windy night. One thing for sure none of us on our keyboards would have a hope in hell of dealing with a) pressure b) weather and c) a lumpy Boro attacker.

he can’t be Ledley every match.......whisper this quietly, Ledley would make loads of mistakes when he was 23....

Played better recently but tonight was way behind a player playing his 2nd game. Someone said Jose does not 100% trust him. Well nor do I. Needs to play like the Liverpool game every match and if he cannot do that play less time.

Played better recently but tonight was way behind a player playing his 2nd game. Someone said Jose does not 100% trust him. Well nor do I. Needs to play like the Liverpool game every match and if he cannot do that play less time.
Just looking at him I thought he was playing through illness. Looked sluggish like he had a fever or similar. A step or so behind the rest of the team.

He's ranged between decent and excellent all season. Some players just can't accumulate good will it seems.

He should be developed as player by now. Stop using his age as excuse for how sloppy and poor looks at times.

He won't change, stop kidding yourselves.
He's the stand out "out and out defender" the one who willingly will throw his body on the line, the one who attacks the ball, winning headers and taking the pressure off the defence. If he's not great in possession, there is a very simple way to deal with it. Get in a DM and stop over playing the ball at the back.

He does have these games sometimes esp after playing so well against Liverpool and you know with his first few touches of the ball what kind of night its gonna be. Still hoping he will iron this stuff out, young has great attributes and possibly just needs to work through these mistakes for a while and get more consistent. Him and Tanganga need to be playing as much as possible now though for sure-looks like Foyth is going to be gone under Mourinho sadly so them two and Toby are our main cb's now with Verts on standby.

Back
Top Bottom