Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conceding those 3 goals at the end was down to our few brainless players.

Sissoko, Sanchez, and Aurier.

I never have confidence when Sanchez is in the side. He is just so shaky and due for mistakes every single game.

Is Jose playing him to prove a point?

Just seen that "header" on the news

FFS, is that an athlete or another Zokora?

H got rid of that clown who couldn't trap a bag of cement; Jose will either kick those habits out of DS or kick him out the club

Davinson shouldn't be made a scapegoat for today's result. He and Toby were handling West Ham (and Antonio specifically) pretty well. His own goal was disappointing but he needed to put something on it to stop a guaranteed goal behind him.

Aurier committing stupid fouls to give away dangerous free kicks and the inability of a Sissoko-Winks CM partnership not to get overrun was more to blame.

He was always going to get a lot of blame for today, but it's not knee jerking. He isn't good enough, he keeps making mistakes. Unfortunately for Spurs he isn't the only defender making consistent mistakes. I still think Toby is the best of the bunch.

Davinson shouldn't be made a scapegoat for today's result. He and Toby were handling West Ham (and Antonio specifically) pretty well. His own goal was disappointing but he needed to put something on it to stop a guaranteed goal behind him.

Aurier committing stupid fouls to give away dangerous free kicks and the inability of a Sissoko-Winks CM partnership not to get overrun was more to blame.

Come on, plenty of defenders deal with crosses like that without putting in their own goal. I would say an own goal in that situation is by far the least likely outcome versus dealing with it properly.

Come on, plenty of defenders deal with crosses like that without putting in their own goal. I would say an own goal in that situation is by far the least likely outcome versus dealing with it properly.
Agree

no Spam player anywhere near him to put him under pressure, is he so fucking clumsy that he can't hook it out for a throw with his left peg or out for a corner with his right

if that was Aurier or Sissoko this place would be in meltdown

It was poor, yes, and I've not said otherwise. But the ball coming into the box in the first place was the bigger issue for me.

I think those plays happen often and are dealt with more often than not, yes the cross would have ideally been stopped and that is an issue as well but it doesn't change the fact that Sanchez played it terribly once it came in.

His feet were all wrong, he did terribly for the goal. Why are we defending him for the goal?

I can somewhat understand why people would want to believe that he can get better. The other options are Dier who is terrible and even worse than Davison, Toby who is still good but at his age for how long?, Rodon who has zero minutes of top flight football, Tanganga who is constantly injured and shown flashes but nowhere near the consistency.

Davison represent the best chance, even if it is a miniscule chance, that we can have an adequate CB going forward.

I think he has shown that he is not going to be that but I can understand why others would want to try and believe.

He has to stop panicking. The OG was silly, yes Reguilon and Lucas let the guy cross but Dav is in the right position, stay calm and clear. He gets too excited and shits himself, just like with the penalty against United in the last match. He shouldn’t be heading the ball into the net when it falls so nicely for him to clear.

Like the rest of the team he was too comfortable and when they got one back he was too frazzled to defend properly. Good defenders don’t panic, they stay calm no matter what. He shouldn’t be shitting himself after doing a good job controlling Antonio for most of the match.

Our players quickly get carried away after good results but then lose their confidence very quickly when something goes wrong, similar to the fans. They need to be less brittle. Like Mou said in the Amazon doc, nothing that happens in a game should affect our confidence.

He is just so frustrating, can have a good game but then ruins it all with a couple of brain freeze moments.
Completely lacking in composure at times, to put it mildly.
Ditto Aurier.

Last edited:
I’ve said it on here many times before and been slated by some for it - this guy is just not good enough. Period. We’re going nowhere with him at the back.
He’s rash, reckless, technically inept, and horrifically clumsy for a centre back. He hasn’t improved an iota since he joined us.
It’s says it all when Mourinho has decided Dier is a better option than him.

Pure and utter dung. It really is an unbelievable shame we didn’t get Skriniar. Could easily be the difference between winning a trophy and not this season.

Worth remembering as well that on top of his errors today, he also gave away an unecessary 1st minute penalty at old trafford.

That made no difference as we battered Utd but the guy just makes mistakes in almost every game.

Another CB needed in january as we are going nowhere with Sanchez and Toby, Tanganga & Dier dont exactly fill you with confidence

Back
Top Bottom