Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose called him out, but was totally wrong and the only break of Sanchez in that Euro League final was a lucky deflection wrong footing Onana for the first goal, other than that, he gave Man Ure nothing and it was simply a young, talented inexperienced team getting beat by a squad assembled at an eye watering cost.

Jose just loves the sound of his voice and being centre of attention
It's not one individual mistake, him being targeted tactically all game. He was lured into making obvious passes that went no where and ended up killing Ajax tempo. Next other Ajax players were frustrating and made risky passes which United comfortably dealt with. The match felt as if it Ajax never showed up to test United at all. Any analysis from many different people out there all pointed to same conclusion.

And it showed in Sanchez time with us too. Looks to have raw potential but never really put to any of it into play. Pointless.

Last edited:
Days after the debacle and I still conclude that if this guy and Aurier were not playing we win the game. That simple. Sanchez has no chances left in my view. He should be out of the team for a long time and until he toughens up and acts like a professional, but Serge is still equally bad. You cannot play both.

Days after the debacle and I still conclude that if this guy and Aurier were not playing we win the game. That simple. Sanchez has no chances left in my view. He should be out of the team for a long time and until he toughens up and acts like a professional, but Serge is still equally bad. You cannot play both.

It was a shock upset and freak result. Last time we equalised in the same fashion we went to the CL final. Spammers drew a PL game.

As gut wrenching as this was, we didn't lose and it happened early enough in the season that Jose can take some lessons from.

Further to that, Wet Spam aren't our rivals and of the teams gunning for top 4, most of those dropped points too. We got cocky.

Top post!

It was a shock upset and freak result. Last time we equalised in the same fashion we went to the CL final. Spammers drew a PL game.

As gut wrenching as this was, we didn't lose and it happened early enough in the season that Jose can take some lessons from.

Further to that, Wet Spam aren't our rivals and of the teams gunning for top 4, most of those dropped points too. We got cocky.
Very true, arrogance played a part. That second half was absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional. Unfortunately you can directly attribute the collapse to Sanchez and Aurier’s ineptitude.

and with Dier and Tanganga injured and Rodon not eligible who would you have played instead of Sanchez ?

Christ almighty
Not my first choice but couldn’t have done any worse than Sanchez

For our great first goal on Sunday we were lucky to get the ball back after he played a brain fart pass out of defence
And who was it that retrieved the ball??

Dav has been getting some real uncalled for abuse on his social media channels.

Yes, he caused an own goal but people hurling abuse at him as a person because of that are real small minded.

Some words from him at the press conference today:

"Of course it was hard to take, we know that. It had to be better. In the same way we have enough experience to take it and not repeat it."

"The last 10 minutes we can't repeat or concede to any opponent. It's not thinking about whether they have the quality or not, every opponent can do that. We are here with enough experienced players who have been playing at a high level, so it was tough to take in the way it happened. It can happen to anybody but we have enough experience to move on and the next game is already tomorrow."

Let’s see what he produces tomorrow. At the moment there is nobody else ready to play so we need to go turn his form around.

Back
Top Bottom