Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup, but he did give into his demands towards the end there with Sessegnon, Ndombele, and Lo Celso.

I'd argue none have been good enough for us, and only Ndombele looks like he'll get there in the end. 30m for Sessegnon ffs.

Think the anti-semites to the east got Benrahma for less.
Ndombele has taken time to settle but now looks a good signing.
As for Lo Celso, I think he has always looked like an excellent signing. I can actually see him being a fucken megastar for us over the next few seasons. I'm surprised anyone thinks he's shit.

Sess seems overrated. Lots of cunts on here thought he was world class at Fulham. Reality has destroyed their credibility.

To think we could have picked up McGinn for a couple o mil

They don't have depth at center half position. Romagnoli has been struggling with injuries. Kjaer just got injured recently and supposed to be out for a period. If this keeps up, it may affect their season.
Surely there must be more reasonable options. They must know from the Aurier saga that PL clubs don't give away players cheaply.

Rudiger would be a more obvious target, as he's already played in Italy, so less adjustment period.

Surely there must be more reasonable options. They must know from the Aurier saga that PL clubs don't give away players cheaply.

Rudiger would be a more obvious target, as he's already played in Italy, so less adjustment period.
Perhaps, Rudiger time in Italy has opposite effect on interest from Italian clubs. They know full well his pro and cons. He's on high wage, so more risky if he turns up turd and they can't rid and reinvest.

Roma was hell bent to get Smalling from Man U despite Rudiger was pushed out for loan by Chavski. Clearly they know all something odd about Rudiger, and all stay away.

It's wishing thinking on Sanchez rumor, but Milan looking at another CB is real. If a sale is not possible, loaning Sanchez when we can get a useful non-HG in January is a good move. Milan is one of the better place to loan player to, so that they may get their value appreciate even if they may return after the loan spell. Exploring option and start planning never hurts. We don't want attainable players move elsewhere because we can't find way to register them.

Last edited:
Perhaps, Rudiger time in Italy has opposite effect on interest from Italian clubs. They know full well his pro and cons. He's on high wage, so more risky if he turns up turd and they can't rid and reinvest.

Roma was hell bent to get Smalling from Man U despite Rudiger was pushed out for loan by Chavski. Clearly they know all something odd about Rudiger, and all stay away.

It's wishing thinking on Sanchez rumor, but Milan looking at another CB is real. If a sale is not possible, loaning Sanchez when we can get a useful non-HG in January is a good move. Milan is one of the better place to loan player to, so that they may get their value appreciate even if they may return after the loan spell. Exploring option and start planning never hurts. We don't want attainable players move elsewhere because we can't find way to register them.
Fair points. I'd take anything north of 20m for him in Jan. We just need the money in Jan for Sabitzer or someone similar to keep the momentum up on the title run. If we make a deep run in EL, Winks can't be a part of it.

Also, a loan to Milan is not necessarily the best option. I don't know the first thing about them, but do they play out the back? Do they face a lot of aerial balls? If so, Sanchez' value will surely tank, even if the Serie A is weaker than the PL.

Fair points. I'd take anything north of 20m for him in Jan. We just need the money in Jan for Sabitzer or someone similar to keep the momentum up on the title run. If we make a deep run in EL, Winks can't be a part of it.

Also, a loan to Milan is not necessarily the best option. I don't know the first thing about them, but do they play out the back? Do they face a lot of aerial balls? If so, Sanchez' value will surely tank, even if the Serie A is weaker than the PL.

The idea of Sabitzer on paper is all well and good, but in the immediate term we really need someone to back-up/challenge the grit and industry of Sissoko & PEH now it's clear that for the foreseeable they are being played in tandem. It was clear (to me at least) even before Jose arrived that Winks just doesn't fit that remit (and despite his best endevour his development has suffered through persting to fudge him into a DM-type role). Currently, if either gets injured we're a bit fucked.

My perception of Sabitzer is more of a driving presence that (although having work-rate) wants to supplement attacks... Another to battle it out with Ndombele & Gio for game time given the way we currently line up.

Point being if we ship Dav out in Jan; it should be to fund the necessity of the here and now and not a fantasy line-up that we might play next season.

Last edited:
Really don’t want to let this lad go. I know he has made a number of errors in his time at Spurs but I really feel like he has a high ceiling. He has all the physical characteristics, a good head and foot on him but his decision making can be silly sometimes. Mourinho has obviously sent him to the bottom of the list after that OG against Spam but I just wonder. World class CBs are so hard to come by and he’s only 24.....

The idea of Sabitzer on paper is all well and good, but in the immediate term we really need someone to back-up/challenge the grit and industry of Sissoko & PEH now it's clear that for the foreseeable they are being played in tandem. It was clear (to me at least) even before Jose arrived that Winks just doesn't fit that remit (and despite his best endevour his development has suffered through persting to fudge him into a DM-type role). Currently, if either gets injured we're a bit fucked.

My perception of Sabitzer is more of a driving presence that (although having work-rate) want's to supplement attacks... Another to battle it out with Ndombele & Gio for game time given the way we currently line up.

Point being if we ship Dav out in Jan; it should be to fund the necessity of the here and now and not a fantasy line-up that we might play next season.
Sabitzer is no fantasy signing. He's extremely versatile, able play on either wing (favours the right) and AM, and even drop a bit deep into a no 8 position. He's just entering his prime, captain of his side, can speak English, so it would likely be less of an adjustment period than NDombele. That's a great player to have as injury cover.

We may lose a bit of defensive solidity without Sissoko, but if we're playing against a weaker side or chasing a game Sabitzer makes much more sense. He has good g/a, and from what I've seen, is good at recycling possession thing Winks is supposed to be good at. He'd have been a better option than Lo Celso yesterday for instance.

PEH adjusted to our more defensive midset, and I think so can Sabitzer. He may not have the pace to cover Aurier like Sissoko but he's a much better header of the ball, and in set pieces/crosses (which we concede plenty), he'd be a much bigger factor.

Like PEH, he mostly keeps it simple, and is able to withstand a bit of press, rather than coughing up the ball like Son, Sissoko, Winks, tend to do.

Whoever we bring in has to be quality, whether defensively or offensively, I don't see a like for like player on the market we can bring in. For example, getting Longstaff as cover does us no good.

Sabitzer is the only one I'm aware of who's proven at a high level over several years, on the club's radar, has a short(ish) contract, and expressed an interest in joining.

I really feel like he has a high ceiling
Based on what?
a good head and foot on him
Oh... because you've never actually seen him play.

Sabitzer is no fantasy signing.

I didn't mean that in terms of being un-gettable... I'd hope my preceding post would have made what I was getting at fairly clear. Perhaps not... What I meant was a signing that addresses our actual needs rather than a system that others would like to see us play.

He's extremely versatile, able play on either wing (favours the right) and AM, and even drop a bit deep into a no 8 position.

I'm aware of his versatility, but as per my post.... Essentially, unless he's suited to challenging Sissoko for a starting role... He wouldn't be a priority for me.

He's just entering his prime, captain of his side, can speak English, so it would likely be less of an adjustment period than NDombele. That's a great player to have as injury cover.

Some areas aren't in urgent need of cover though... Others are (see above).

We may lose a bit of defensive solidity without Sissoko, but if we're playing against a weaker side or chasing a game Sabitzer makes much more sense. He has good g/a, and from what I've seen, is good at recycling possession thing Winks is supposed to be good at. He'd have been a better option than Lo Celso yesterday for instance.

PEH adjusted to our more defensive midset, and I think so can Sabitzer. He may not have the pace to cover Aurier like Sissoko but he's a much better header of the ball, and in set pieces/crosses (which we concede plenty), he'd be a much bigger factor.

Like PEH, he mostly keeps it simple, and is able to withstand a bit of press, rather than coughing up the ball like Son, Sissoko, Winks, tend to do.

Whoever we bring in has to be quality, whether defensively or offensively, I don't see a like for like player on the market we can bring in. For example, getting Longstaff as cover does us no good.

Sabitzer is the only one I'm aware of who's proven at a high level over several years, on the club's radar, has a short(ish) contract, and expressed an interest in joining.

I like what I've seen of the player, but it just seems (and now sounds) like a bit of a square-peg (in as much as you seem keen on his attributes rather than having a particular requisite in mind).....

Who knows.... Maybe Jose would have the intent of molding him into said position (or to replace eg Bergwijn with him), but I'm just trying to work on the basis of what we do know.

Right now we have:

Bale, Stevie, Lucas, Lamela, Ndombele & Gio (+ Clarke & Sess to return) all contending for 2 slots at the upper end of the pitch (to add to obv. starters Son/Kane) vs PEH, Sissoko (and an unsuitable Winks) for the double pivot.....

Sabitzer is no fantasy signing. He's extremely versatile, able play on either wing (favours the right) and AM, and even drop a bit deep into a no 8 position. He's just entering his prime, captain of his side, can speak English, so it would likely be less of an adjustment period than NDombele. That's a great player to have as injury cover.

Based on what?

Oh... because you've never actually seen him play.
Based on his whole first season at Spurs....

He just can't be trusted in the knockouts unless we get drawn against one of the proper crap teams.

Back
Top Bottom