DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Btw, if anyone is curious how fast Yedlin is ...

Allegedly, he runs 100 meters in 10.1 seconds.
And to compare him with other speedsters (though not sure if these stats have changed):

- Walcott: 100m in 10.3s
- Ronaldo: 100m in 10.63s
- Agbonlahor: 100m in 10.98s
- Robben: 100m in 11.34s
- Bale 100m in 11.39s
- And just for fun, Usain Bolt: 100m in 9.58s

Those are not correct.

There is no way in hell that Bale would be that slow.

Yes, he showed me his list of students. This was also last year and he teaches pre-k. That snopes was from 6 years ago.
Do you think it is possible that some parent got that urban legend email and decided to name their kid after it as a joke? If so, that guy would be my hero.

A friend offered to pay for my first son's entire college education if I named him "Megatron." My wife just doesn't understand finances, so she put the kibosh on it.

Why do I get the feeling this guy is more of a marketing strategy than a player for us?

If he ends up being good it's just happy bonus for levy

Surely the marketing angle doesn't hurt. But he was a key contributor on a pretty decent World Cup squad when he was like 20 years old. I think he's clearly a legit prospect.

He is a very good prospect. But at the risk of upsetting a legion of American Spurs fans, he isn't ready gents. Nowhere near.

Oh, you should see the comedic gold that comes out on some of the U.S. soccer forums. You have people swearing up and down that Tottenham is a shit club that is ruining his career because he didn't get appearances after coming over in January. There is a serious amount of delusion among American fans about just how good he is right now, and they don't seem to understand that a player can be bought for what he can potentially become in the future rather than what he brings to the team at the time of purchase.

Agree completely. I think the club brought him in last January to acclimate him to England. Some folks have come to the conclusion that since Dier and even Vlad were ahead of him in the spring, he must be shit. But I think we chose not to play him or loan him out because, between the MLS season and the World Cup, he hadn't had a break in something like 10 months. That's the reality of modern football.

At this point, with Walker and Trippier, I doubt he's going to see regular action for Spurs even in the cups. Therefore, it would be best for club and player if he were loaned out, preferably to a low level PL squad where he would be likely to get plenty of action. If that's not possible, send him to the Championship. He needs to play and it needs to be in England.
It's guys like yourself & KYSpurs that keep it real. I'm sure that every Brit would love a useful boxing prospect to go to America & become heavyweight champion.within a few months. Nobody is saying it won't happen but the expectations of it happening overnight are unrealistic. The "Yidlin"(I think it was Singhspurs who came up with that gem) has massive potential & incredible speed/exuberance that every spurs fan wants to see ASAP . He isn't moaning about his lack of opportunities yet. I guess that is because he is a decent lad who wants to make sure that when he does make the break through, he won't be letting his club or himself down. That, to me, is the best thing for his club, his country & most importantly, himself.

Yes, and he was involved in the most entertaining part of a dreary game.

should have ended him right there and then
giphy.gif

I dont get why anyone doesn't like this move. He will make the money back wth shirt sales and basically we will be making money off him. He is young enough to not count as a foreign player. He is pure raw talent and no one including hom will expect him to be a first team player. He is younger/faster/stronger than Naughton. He is a similar player to Walker so it wont be a drastic change in style when walker gets a game off. Fredericks can still play U-21, and if he proves better than Yedlin then they can switch or we can loan Yedlin out. This is a no lose situation for Tottenham.

Back
Top Bottom