DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he never really plays for the club, does the signing make a difference in the club's profile?
It probably did initially and it was probably a punt that he made our first team. Either way, he's an international and being with a Prem club means we should make a profit from him.

Was very impressed by Yedlin in the second half - I think if he really wants to learn he could quite easily become a real good asset and great member of the squad. He is ridiculously quick and a great like for like replacement for Walker when needed. Look how much Walker has improved under Pochettino and how to get the best out of his pace and we could see the same with Yedlin.

Was very impressed by Yedlin in the second half - I think if he really wants to learn he could quite easily become a real good asset and great member of the squad. He is ridiculously quick and a great like for like replacement for Walker when needed. Look how much Walker has improved under Pochettino and how to get the best out of his pace and we could see the same with Yedlin.
I think he could learn a lot under Poch and working everyday/feeding off of Walker and Rose.

It was weird seeing him at LB, don't think I've ever seen him there. Not very two footed, so it kind of killed his best aspect (run down the wing and cross). Thought he was good otherwise. He was pretty good for S'land by the end of the season and other than his weird double yellow in the Copa a pretty reliable player for the US.

I will openly admit I have a confirmation bias against him, put bluntly he is a yank and yanks are shit at football (sorry y'all). He was tidy the other day and of cause out of position a la Kyle Naughton. But is he any better than Kyle Naughton? I'd go so far as to say Naughton was a better player. One thing they both have in common is they don't create anything, Walker dominates the oppo full back, pinning him back and from there he can get behind or cut in. Rose does that too but is not as dominant.
No wsy he gets ahead of Walker. Tripier does create but has plenty of flaws defensively and despite doing well in rotation last year I don't see Yedlin being ahead of him either. Right now he is blocking Walker-Peters, so I'd sell or loan out.

Bet ya it's a reet old ego boost for a young American player to come over here.

He's no Landon Donovan, but must feel like a rock star on our little isles, getting papped at the airport.

I'm not a UK Airport buff, but is it not possible that he's off to Sunderland? (do they share an airport?) Not sure whether the bald bloke is supposed to be in a Horse Puncher tie or not.

Bet ya it's a reet old ego boost for a young American player to come over here.

He's no Landon Donovan, but must feel like a rock star on our little isles, getting papped at the airport.

I'm not a UK Airport buff, but is it not possible that he's off to Sunderland? (do they share an airport?) Not sure whether the bald bloke is supposed to be in a Horse Puncher tie or not.
Neigh, it's Newcastle.

Absolutely no tears from with this one, he was shit.

Neigh, it's Newcastle.

Absolutely no tears from with this one, he was shit.
Shit for who? Us where he was only subbed once in a league game before going out on loan, or Sunderland where he was decent and helped them stay up? There's a lot of things to call Yedlin but I don't think "shit" is fair.

Sunderland last season... Newcastle this...
he's a proper little 'Murrican Sol Campbell isn't he?

He'd better be any good for Noocussle... or else I'm sure they'll soon remind him who he played for last year!

Shit for who? Us where he was only subbed once in a league game before going out on loan, or Sunderland where he was decent and helped them stay up? There's a lot of things to call Yedlin but I don't think "shit" is fair.
Sorry mate but He. Is. Shit.

If he was any good he would have played. I saw him playing for our U21's in the flesh and he was our worst player, in fact he was the worst player on the pitch by a very long way. He did nothing special at Sunderland, very average performances in one of the worst sides in the league.

The Championship might be more his level, certainly a great club for him to join, with a great manager to learn from. I'd be surprised if he remains playing in the UK though, looks totally out of his depth. One of our strangest signings for sure. I'm just delighted we cut the dead wood from the squad fast, Poch isn't messing about! I love it.

Sorry mate but He. Is. Shit.

If he was any good he would have played. I saw him playing for our U21's in the flesh and he was our worst player, in fact he was the worst player on the pitch by a very long way. He did nothing special at Sunderland, very average performances in one of the worst sides in the league.

The Championship might be more his level, certainly a great club for him to join, with a great manager to learn from. I'd be surprised if he remains playing in the UK though, looks totally out of his depth. One of our strangest signings for sure. I'm just delighted we cut the dead wood from the squad fast, Poch isn't messing about! I love it.
To each his own

Back
Top Bottom