DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, I'm pretty bummed that he didn't make it. We all knew going in that Spurs were taking a punt and he probably wouldn't ever reach the required level, but seeing your countryman succeed at the club that you love is special (at least when your country doesn't put many players into top flights around the world).

Even though guys like Keller, Dempsey, and Friedel were never my favorite players in a Spurs shirt there was still some special feeling whenever they stepped up and produced for the team.

I'm at least glad that Yedlin came. I think he's definitely improved because of his time at Spurs. Now he'll get to go somewhere and play regular first team football. Plus, we've still got Carter-Vickers.

Honestly, I'm pretty bummed that he didn't make it. We all knew going in that Spurs were taking a punt and he probably wouldn't ever reach the required level, but seeing your countryman succeed at the club that you love is special (at least when your country doesn't put many players into top flights around the world).

Even though guys like Keller, Dempsey, and Friedel were never my favorite players in a Spurs shirt there was still some special feeling whenever they stepped up and produced for the team.
I haven't hid my dislike of American footballers (outfield) as I've never seen a good one, until now. Trust me on this, Carter-Vickers will be America's greatest ever footballer of all time. There I said it. Been watching him for years, he has had the talent for years, the only remaining question mark would be his temperament, but seeing as he is in Poch's confidence I am assuming that his temperament is just fine and will only get better. The whole of America will know his name, fabulous footballer.

I haven't hid my dislike of American footballers (outfield) as I've never seen a good one, until now. Trust me on this, Carter-Vickers will be America's greatest ever footballer of all time. There I said it. Been watching him for years, he has had the talent for years, the only remaining question mark would be his temperament, but seeing as he is in Poch's confidence I am assuming that his temperament is just fine and will only get better. The whole of America will know his name, fabulous footballer.
Carter vickers is really English though, I would be disappointed if he chose the USA

He was never really at Spurs.
DeAndre-Squad-number12.jpg

I'd never seen a player more out of their depth than Yedlin when he came off the bench in his PL debut for us, he's improved a bit since - but was never to going to make it at Spurs.

You've never seen a worse player in the PL. Really? Not ever? Serious hyperbole, there. We get it, you don't like him and don't rate him, but don't try to act like he's a fucking train wreck. Apparently Sam Allardyce rated him given his playing time there. Rafa Benitez rates him enough to buy him. Klinsmann rates him enough to make him a fixture. You're just some guy on the Internet, in the end.

Personally, I don't care that he's gone. I honestly prefer not having US players at Spurs because it's easier to enjoy international football not worrying about a player getting injured and fucking the club.

You've never seen a worse player in the PL. Really? Not ever? Serious hyperbole, there. We get it, you don't like him and don't rate him, but don't try to act like he's a fucking train wreck. Apparently Sam Allardyce rated him given his playing time there. Rafa Benitez rates him enough to buy him. Klinsmann rates him enough to make him a fixture. You're just some guy on the Internet, in the end.

Personally, I don't care that he's gone. I honestly prefer not having US players at Spurs because it's easier to enjoy international football not worrying about a player getting injured and fucking the club.

Decent player in my opinion but we have 2 better thsn him in his position.

I guess if Pochettino saw a long term future in him he would have sanctioned a loan deal.

Think he will do alright.

You've never seen a worse player in the PL. Really? Not ever? Serious hyperbole, there. We get it, you don't like him and don't rate him, but don't try to act like he's a fucking train wreck.

Honestly me and the mate I sit with were laughing he was that bad - real gallows humour as Tim Sherwood's Aston Villa terrorised our back four.

No other players debut sticks out as being as bad, but then most other players don't have people talking them up on the internet as vociferously as Yedlin does - so maybe others that have been worse fade from memory quicker.

He can always say he was a Spurs player and that will be one of the better things that will happen to him! ! Go well Yedlin

Back
Top Bottom