DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yedlin is a pretty tremendous athlete with serious speed and strength. He's also got a pretty strong hair game. :baeshock:

In the long run, I think he could be a good addition to the squad, but I doubt he'd see the pitch any time soon.

Yedlin is a pretty tremendous athlete with serious speed and strength. He's also got a pretty strong hair game. :baeshock:

In the long run, I think he could be a good addition to the squad, but I doubt he'd see the pitch any time soon.

Fabian would want to start. No way he'd want to come back up Walker.

Sounds like he is going to stay in the MLS for the rest of their season, so until October. Then after a break he can join us in January, play the cup and Europa games. Even if he did that as back up to Walker for 2 years its a higher level than the MLS.

bitch.jpg

Levy is just trying to cash in on the US craze post World Cup. I think it's a major mistake. The summer is very slow for American sports and (not to sound like a total downer) once the NFL starts back up there's a good chance that interest in soccer is going to wane extremely quickly. It takes a serious commitment to follow the Prem from this hemisphere. The WC was shown in the middle of the afternoon to the early evening. Massive difference. The US friendlies were played in prime time. Massive difference. You potentially have to get up as early as 2:45 AM to watch prem matches live in some parts of the United States. Unless Yedlin comes with a giant sign that says "Hey, you should set your DVR to record Spurs," I think it's money that to a degree will be wasted.

Now, I think Yedlin will eventually be a quality RB. He's super athletic and will easily handle the physicality of the Prem. My fears are whether or not he has the decision making abilities required or the skills that are required. MLS is certainly not somewhere that you need to have a big bag of tricks to get past defenders. I've said in a few places that I think he could benefit from loan to a Championship side for the end of the season.

Your time zones are off. Unless it's one of those BS early games, games usually happen at 9 or 10 am CST (Chicago time). The earliest I've gotten up is 6 for the Chelsea game in October(?)

I think you'll get your fair share of interest. Just look at what Dempsey did, although they aren't on the same level tbf.

Going from Prem games to NFL games is awesome btw. Sports all day.

:freundgoal:

Your time zones are off. Unless it's one of those BS early games, games usually happen at 9 or 10 am CST (Chicago time). The earliest I've gotten up is 6 for the Chelsea game in October(?)

I think you'll get your fair share of interest. Just look at what Dempsey did, although they aren't on the same level tbf.

Going from Prem games to NFL games is awesome btw. Sports all day.

:freundgoal:

Early kick off games start at 2:45 in Hawaii and Alaska.

I watched the USA quite a bit in the world cup (and the friendly), and obviously the seattle game, and I was quite impressed with him.

I actually thought we'd do well to get him in, he looked fantastic as a wing back.

Although I like Naughton, he offers us very little in an attacking/support sense, and seems more of a traditional right back. With Yedlin, I think we'd get a player that would add far more depth to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom