DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yedlin's a calculated risk. He's young and pretty inexperienced. But he's also massively athletically talented, starting to show some real footballing ability, and of course a chance to gain exposure in American market :levywhoa:

In a couple years he has the potential to be a real quality player or he could fade into obscurity. But ultimately at £2m there's almost no risk at all. Same thing can be said for Dier though he cost a bit more. Yedlin is a punt for sure but the ceiling is high both football-wise and commercially. Nothing to lose really.

Btw, if anyone is curious how fast Yedlin is ...

Allegedly, he runs 100 meters in 10.1 seconds.
And to compare him with other speedsters (though not sure if these stats have changed):

- Walcott: 100m in 10.3s
- Ronaldo: 100m in 10.63s
- Agbonlahor: 100m in 10.98s
- Robben: 100m in 11.34s
- Bale 100m in 11.39s
- And just for fun, Usain Bolt: 100m in 9.58s

I know it's already been said but £2 million seems prepostorous :levystare:
I've been as pro Naughton as anyone on here but to pick up someone like Yedlin for probably half of the fee we could get for Naughton, and Yedlin has bags of potential, whereas Naughton is unspectacular yet solid. Would be a good move for all parties (barring Seattle) imo, Naughton deserves regular Prem football at this stage of his career, he's not getting that here.

And to compare him with other speedsters (though not sure if these stats have changed):

- Bale 100m in 11.39s

He's slower than Bolt... Would not buy.
:adegrin:

I'll be interested to see what Spurs do with Yedlin. I think a loan to another English team would be tremendously beneficial. It certainly helped Walker/Naughton.

Had Yedlin been Costa Rican/Colombian we wouldn't be all that excited about him, but because he's American and they love hyping and overrating their players we've just signed the next Lahm.

I'm just riling up you yanks. I'm quite indifferent towards singing Yidlin.

- Bale 100m in 11.39s
Bale did 11.4 as a 14yr old bro. Animal.

- Bale 100m in 11.39s

Those are not correct.

There is no way in hell that Bale would be that slow.

Guess I have to accept now that this is going to happen.

I really don't see a loan happening this season. I don't actually see much happening at all this season. He hasn't had a real rest from football since the winter of 2012-13. I think he finishes the MLS season, then joins the club in January but eases into training, plays with the reserves, and occasionally appears on the bench.

Those are not correct.

There is no way in hell that Bale would be that slow.

That's true, didn't pick up on that the first time I read it. I believe I saw reading somewhere he's been clocked as having produced the fourth fastest "gametime" clock reading of all time, so there's just no way he's that slow. Hell, you don't even need that clock to know he's not that slow.

Guess I have to accept now that this is going to happen.

I really don't see a loan happening this season. I don't actually see much happening at all this season. He hasn't had a real rest from football since the winter of 2012-13. I think he finishes the MLS season, then joins the club in January but eases into training, plays with the reserves, and occasionally appears on the bench.

As with us, Yedlin brings American interest. I'm sure someone will snap up one of the best young RB's in the MLS on loan in the second term of this season if Poch decides to roll with Fredericks instead.

As with us, Yedlin brings American interest. I'm sure someone will snap up one of the best young RB's in the MLS on loan in the second term of this season if Poch decides to roll with Fredericks instead.
Clubs trying to loan players in in January are probably in pretty precarious positions or injury bitten. I don't see them tripping over one another lining up to snap up a player who has played nearly constantly for 2 years at that point. They aren't going to sell kits and merch off the back of a half season loan.

Back
Top Bottom