DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This might sound strange, but I'm optimistic that Yedlin will get some really good defensive skills in the EPL and after a few years wind up going back to MLS forcing the competition to get better defenders. Which is exactly what that league needs. A little off topic, sorry.

DeA5.jpeg

Cute kid

Is he as good or better then Walker currently ? Not a chance

But the good news, Spurs have already upgraded at the backup RB position plus have a young en with a ton of potential

Sort of like Holtby I guess. We had agreed to a pre-contract with him and then after Sandro's injury we ended up buying him outright from Schalke in January. If we have right back injuries or other issues I'm sure he'll be over in January. The difference with the Holtby situation is that they'll probably be looking much more at the pace of Yedlin's development and what situation will best fit his growth as player since he isn't playing in a top league like Holtby was.

Yedlin is better by simple default purposes since Naughton is a Championship right back at best.

At best? Come on dude, give the guy more credit than that. He would be leaps and bounds better than some of the RB's at the bottom of the table and you're suggesting that he should probably be playing in League One. That's a pretty hyperbolic statement.

I hope Yedlin gets a loan or two to either a Championship or lower-table Premier league squad, he needs more experience at a higher level. The one thing I have noticed with Yedlin is that he seems to play better when he's surrounded by better players. For example, he was very good against Bayern Munich (I know it's a friendly) and then throughout the World Cup he seemed to play up to the level.

Back
Top Bottom