Defender turned Striker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we should start looking for one.

Chris Sutton
Dion Dublin
Paul Warhurst
Gary Doherty

The game is littered with them.

Give Alderweireld or Tanganga a game up front. We need a physical presence up there that can bring others into play.

Alderweireld has aerial threat, good passer, strong and a good striker of the ball
Tanganga same but quicker. Never seen him shoot though

Got to think outside the box

Chris Sutton
Dion Dublin
Paul Warhurst
Gary Doherty

Give Alderweireld or Tanganga a game up front. We need a physical presence up there that can bring others into play.

Alderweireld has aerial threat, good passer, strong and a good striker of the ball

Alderweireld has everything but an aerial threat, he’s scored a few headers but his overall aerial ability is alarmingly poor

I think we're gonna see more defenders "going up" for set pieces in the next few games....
It may cost us the odd breakaway goal, but it might actually give us SOME ammo up front!

I still think Parrott may have a part to play, despite what Jose publicly 'thinks'

Dele actually has movement and is a big enough lad and can finish and is decent in the air.

He shouldn't have to play there, but it makes a lot more sense. I don't like Moura centrally tbh.
We would get the most out of Moura centrally if he played in a partnership with a bigger center forward IMO. someone that holds up the ball and opens up space for Lucas. Otherwise he needs to be a winger IMO.

Dele up front could work. Gedson or Gio could fill his slot in the midfield.

Moura is too streaky for me, you'll get a flash of something magical every 3 or 4 games, but most of the time I don't think he affects games enough.

Good running off someone certainly, but we've no-one really for him to do that off and while I do think he is exceptionally good in the air for someone of his stature, I don't think he's good enough with his back to goal/holding it up.

Moura at about 5'7 wins way more aerial challenges from longer balls than 6'3 Dele...

Life's weird.

Dele just won't contest them properly for whatever reason, yet Lucas has a leap a fit Salmon would envy.

Shame as otherwise Dele would be ideal, still think he is from the options available, give him a Firminho mandate.

Dele actually has movement and is a big enough lad and can finish and is decent in the air.

He shouldn't have to play there, but it makes a lot more sense. I don't like Moura centrally tbh.
Dele, being 6ft 2 and having a decent jump, should be good in the air but he doesn't really want the contact, imo. A lot of his headers are when he has plenty of space rather than outmuscling or jumping into contact to win headers. It should be a mix of him and Lucas, i think the front 3 has to be very fluid.

Chris Sutton
Dion Dublin
Paul Warhurst
Gary Doherty

I understand what's being said here, but we really need these guys in our defensive line at the moment. For my money, I'd say that SuperJan is the man... he's not clicking in our current back-line, and not getting game time, but he's got all the attributes for a target man up front (apart from speed, but that's not essential – see Llorente). I reckon he's worth a chance and would be good for the first hour of a match – there's even the option, then, of switching him into the back line and bringing on someone like Parrott, or moving Dele forward.

Japhet can do anything.
Agreed.

PM Japhet Tanganga
IBF WBO WBC Heavyweight Champeeeeeeen of the World Japhet Tanganga
Dr. Japhet Tanganga - World renowned brain surgeon (I know consultant surgeons are called Mr. but it would have lost some of it's comedic effect)
Japhet Tanganga: Poet Laureate
Japhet Tanganga - The Dalai Lama
Japhet Tanganga - Secretary General of the UN
Japhet Tanganga - Nobel Peace Prize Winner for being the only person in history capable of bringing unified harmony to the forums at The Fighting Cock.
Justice of the Supreme Court Lord Tanganga of Haringey

All at the same time.

Chris Sutton
Dion Dublin
Paul Warhurst
Gary Doherty

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom