Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, he isn't. Any 19 year old coming through and being the main man for a team competing for top 4 would get hype regardless of nationality. The Martinelli hype was massive too based on a couple of goals and assists.

His numbers were excellent. He does the hard draft defensively, and he's exciting to watch. Was there a few others more deserving of a POTY nom? Yeah, but young talent sometimes get more plaudits than established players.

Anyway, it's the fucking Kulu thread, not Saka's. They're both excellent young players. One is two years older and before he joined us had a couple of really hard seasons on the Juventus bench. I'm confident we get more out of our talented players because we actually have an elite manager.

You missed the memo, mate.... Every thread is the English-bias thread.

🤡

He's overrated and overhyped because he's English.
He just got a PL POTY nom - wtf is that all about?
I hate to admit it but Dele was overrated as well.
if tierney was english he would be the 'main man'. as hes the actual only legit good player they have. martenlli can look good in spots but not consistent enough, saka..HAHA. let the mushrooms keep the hype alive, does us a massive favour. they'll come round in a couple years like they did for winks and dele. hopefully by then the damage is done and they've fallen even further behind.

if people watching that england game the other night couldnt see the difference when grealish came on, providing actual quality and nous, compared to watching saka not have a clue what to do with the ball against actual proper footballers. then bless them, watching a game they have no understanding of.

if grealish starts over that useless little donkey england win that game comfortably, was like playing with 10 men until he came off.

absolute insult to compare him to a proper footballer like kulu.

if tierney was english he would be the 'main man'. as hes the actual only legit good player they have. martenlli can look good in spots but not consistent enough, saka..HAHA. let the mushrooms keep the hype alive, does us a massive favour. they'll come round in a couple years like they did for winks and dele. hopefully by then the damage is done and they've fallen even further behind.

if people watching that england game the other night couldnt see the difference when grealish came on, providing actual quality and nous, compared to watching saka not have a clue what to do with the ball against actual proper footballers. then bless them, watching a game they have no understanding of.

if grealish starts over that useless little donkey england win that game comfortably, was like playing with 10 men until he came off.

absolute insult to compare him to a proper footballer like kulu.
Tierney was their main man before they realised he was a crock and never fit.

Nah, no one is more overrated than Rashford.

Saka although a gooner is a decent player. But yes, overhypped.
Every English player is overrated by function of being English playing in the Premier League - it is what it is. It doesn't mean an English player can't be good/great - it just means that more value is assigned to them because they're English.

Every English player is overrated by function of being English playing in the Premier League - it is what it is. It doesn't mean an English player can't be good/great - it just means that more value is assigned to them because they're English.
No it means less RISK is assigned to them (if they are PL proven). And less risk creates the additional value. Additionally, a homegrown quota drives up value as well.

No it means less RISK is assigned to them (if they are PL proven). And less risk creates the additional value.
This is the case with any PL proven player, English or not. All else being equal, the English player will be assigned more value by function of being an Englishmen playing in the PL. They're relentlessly covered and hyped by the media which has a lot to do with it. For instance, I've heard more about Dele in the English media more than I have Son, Jan, Toby, Hugo and Dembele COMBINED.

I imagine Kulu is going to be always under the radar as well.

Additionally, a homegrown quota drives up value as well.
This is part of it.

Kulusevski is electric. He's one of those players who lights it up every time he gets it.

Just switched on the Sweden game right now and he just took on two, beat them, took on another, beat him and just fluffed a shot. Literally the first touch I saw him have.

Kulusevski is electric. He's one of those players who lights it up every time he gets it.

Just switched on the Sweden game right now and he just took on two, beat them, took on another, beat him and just fluffed a shot. Literally the first touch I saw him have.
Running the show. Haaland will grab the headlines but Kulu is comfortably the best player on the pitch.

Deuterz Deuterz do you like the lad yet ?

I liked Ndombele for about two years so I’m not being smug

He's a lot different to the player I saw at Juve. Clearly been transformed confidence wise & was struggling with Allegri's setup/the obstacle of Dybala. I'm still expecting a downturn in terms of productivity next season as defenders get wise to him but he's brought a lot of intelligence & quality to the front 3 for sure.

I do like him. But will be very interested to see how he does in his first full season at the club.

Back
Top Bottom