Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son and Kane tend to steal the limelight, but not for long.

MOTD for our game was basically the Kulusevski show. Even those 12 year olds on twitter are catching on.

When a player is basically at one G/A a game it's hard to ignore, not to mention he's actually fun to watch.
He's almost 1G/A per game, does well in build up, AND does very well defensively both in the press and tracking back.

I mean, before we used to have to settle for the workrate/defensive part on our RW position with Lamela and Moura.
Take away the goals and assists and he'd still be somewhat of an upgrade.

Zinchenko was on the bench when City didn't even have a natural LB in the team. Jesus was mostly on the bench when they didn't even have a striker. Foden gets games in a team with one of the best RW's in the league.

KDB is the best player in the league & fully developed, so yeah of course you take him over Foden. And I think there's a big difference between talking up a player & saying he's the best talent you've worked with, he's not saying similar things about other players there.

FFS, Klopp told that Lallana was most talented player that he has worked with or something along these lines.

Does not make Lallana more "meeh" ... if it is even possible to be more "meeh" throughout one's career...

Now here's an interesting question. What would be a realistic improvement on his figures from last season?

Last season he got 5 goals and 8 assists in half a season. Those are perfectly decent numbers when considering that he is our third attacking option. What should the expectations be now for a full season? Like, are we expecting Kane and Son like numbers? Do we want more goals or assists out of him and so on.
If you just project from the first game, he'll get 38 goals and 38 assists. Anything less would be utter failure.

FFS, Klopp told that Lallana was most talented player that he has worked with or something along these lines.

Does not make Lallana more "meeh" ... if it is even possible to be more "meeh" throughout one's career...

He said he was one of the best players he's worked with but from the tone of the interview IIRC was talking more about the all round package of him being very hard working & humble whilst still being very technical.

And Lallana was a very good footballer. Understated but another who makes the game easier for teammates. Happy to receive the ball in tight spaces, intelligent, two footed. If England produced more like him we'd probably be more successful.

He said he was one of the best players he's worked with but from the tone of the interview IIRC was talking more about the all round package of him being very hard working & humble whilst still being very technical.

And Lallana was a very good footballer. Understated but another who makes the game easier for teammates. Happy to receive the ball in tight spaces, intelligent, two footed. If England produced more like him we'd probably be more successful.

Oh yea, he has been such an immense part of England.
National treasure.

Who has not been needed by national team for whole of past 4 years.

Whatta joke.

Managers rarely speak to express their feelings. They speak to communicate ie to impart something… to change the world in some way.

That is leadership 101.

Oh yea, he has been such an immense part of England.
National treasure.

Who has not been needed by national team for whole of past 4 years.

Whatta joke.

He is 34 years old & an extremely injury prone player. I very clearly specified was very good, nowadays he's declined. He was a key player for England for several years & won England Player of the Year once as a result .. you know, when he was in his prime?

And the point was we need more players in that vein - intelligent, comfortable in possession, can resist a press etc. Obviously you'd hope you produce some with a bit more to their game than Lallana whilst having those traits: and here enters Phil Foden.

He is 34 years old & an extremely injury prone player. I very clearly specified was very good, nowadays he's declined. He was a key player for England for several years & won England Player of the Year once as a result .. you know, when he was in his prime?

And the point was we need more players in that vein - intelligent, comfortable in possession, can resist a press etc. Obviously you'd hope you produce some with a bit more to their game than Lallana whilst having those traits: and here enters Phil Foden.

There were two years when he had any significant part in NT.
So he absolutely was not "key player for England for several years".

Apologies for chucking a grenade into the thread. No names were mentioned, but I did indulge in some shithousery and paraphrased your OP (which was fair comment; balanced and nuanced).
I was just trying to make a point with regards to our January signings being judged by some on here before they'd even kicked a ball for us, and history already repeating itself this summer. I don't get how some can be *so* sure of themselves when they only need to look at their own post history to see how horribly wrong they've got it in the very recent past.
Agree. There were 3 maybe 4 that were SO SURE they were right. I can’t understand people being so self righteous. It’s all a bit laughable really

I was sceptical when Conte said Kulu could be a wing back, but now that I think about it he'd be an excellent wingback.

He'd be like TAA but with physcality. That run Sess made for Kulu's cross, there's no reason he couldn't be on the end of a cross like that from Son or Perisic while playing as RWB. Simiarly, there's no reason he couldn't be delivering that cross as a WB either.

He works hard in defence and has the energy to go up and down the pitch, though his actual defensive quality is hard to judge unless we see him play WB.

I'd be curious to see how a front line of Son, Kane, Richarlison, with Kulu as RWB would work, as a more aggressive formation when we're chasing a result.

A lot of what Emerson does offensively is to just carry the ball up the pitch and give a short pass to Kulu, who then delivers the killer cross. Maybe he can do that job himself.
Not for me, unless injuries force it. He's too good up front.

If we're experimenting with wing backs then give Lucas a try.

Not for me, unless injuries force it. He's too good up front.

If we're experimenting with wing backs then give Lucas a try.
I don't think there's any rush, things are working well as they are. Chances are Spece will step up anyway. It's just a very intriguing thought.

The things that make him good, he can still do as a WB, because Conte WBs are usually so high up the pitch. Do you think I'm wrong?

Watch a highlight reel of Kulu and Emerson never far away. Watch an Emerson highlight reel and he's so often on the end of good chances, so often the farthest in oppo box, making runs beyond Kulu.

In games like the 2-3 against City, that's less true, but then he also spend a lot of time as an auxiliary RWB to protect our right flank as we sit deep with a 7 man back line.

If our RW is someone like Richarlison, he can back up Kulu in defence cos he has the workrate and tackling ability. In attack he can underlap, and go right into the penalty spot like Emerson does, giving Kulu the space to cross/shoot. Except Richy would be more useful in the box than Emerson.

Back
Top Bottom