Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He reminds me of Kulusevski.

Honestly, in terms of role he can be compared to a number of players, but his execution of it is pretty unique to him. There was one drag and change of direction last night to beat a man which reminded me of Ginola even, while the tackle he rode which really should’ve been a foul before crossing with his right was a throwback to early Anderton before his big back injury.

In fact fuck it, Darren Anderton is why he reminds me of.

Fight me.

I chided someone back when we signed him for comparing him to Arjen Robben, but there is a similarity to the geometry of their game and the areas they’re looking to exploit.

Robben was quicker and more of a goal threat from the top of the box of course. But he was less physically imposing and had also barely just arrived at Chelsea at Kulu’s age.

The comparison to Eriksen is natural because finally there’s another player in a white shirt in the attacking third anticipating his teammates movements and setting them up.

Robben was far more explosive. It's one thing he clearly doesn't have that I wish he did, a bit of pace. He really is incredibly slow both in acceleration and over distance.

Sadly one poster wanted Lo Celso back as 'he was clearly good enough for 30 minute cameos' and didn't like it pointed out that one goal and 2 assists in two and a half seasons (even with injuries) suggested the exact opposite .....
You embarrassing yourself again ? I didn’t /don’t want him back would rather he had been replaced but if you are too thick to see in a game we are winning 3-0 an Argentina international could have been brought on as a sub to rest a player who had played every minute of 3 games in a week with another game 3 days away more fool you-

Last edited:
Robben was far more explosive. It's one thing he clearly doesn't have that I wish he did, a bit of pace. He really is incredibly slow both in acceleration and over distance.
That can trained, not gonna become Ussain Bolt, but with sprinting technique, drills and weight lifting the accelaration and top speed can both be noticably improved.

He has quick feet, not like Kane, so maybe he does have some fast twitch muscles that could be developed.

He’s not fast. Let it go
no middle finger GIF

You embarrassing yourself again ? I didn’t /don’t want him back would rather he had been replaced but if you are too thick to see in a game we are winning 3-0 an Argentina international could have been brought on as a sub to rest a player who had played every minute of 3 games in a week with another game 3 days away more fool you-

Up to you to reply to any posts you wish to.

But I did not mention you in the post you chose to reply to

Comparison have been made with a lot of different players, but I think he's got a bit of a dele alli in him.

Love the short passing exchanges, and little chipped balls, backheels etc.

Not nearly the same level as prime dele, but the first time I've seen this stuff since Dele went to shit.

I'd rather put an academy kid on than that waster. Argentine Winks, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom