Dele versus Jose (who would you keep)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele or Jose

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Dele Ali

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Get rid of both

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Keep both

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
Keep Dele, sack Jose.

I'm not ready to write off Dele yet but if another manager comes in and Dele is still useless then he needs to go. If this drama with Jose was not a wake-up call for Dele, nothing will be. But we won't know if him being left out is doing any good since he never plays.

Get rid of both

Jos e for obvious reasons, he is done and hurting the team overall and individual players.

Dele has shown that it isn't just a Jose thing, he was poor under Poch as well. He has a lot of natural talent but has decided to coast on that rather than improve his game. He has zero answers when he gets frustrated, constantly shows his has little understanding of the game with his play off the ball, is way to reliant on the "cute", "fancy" and way too poor at the simple plays. He still has some hype around what he has done in the past so we could get some value for him. Best to sell now and bring in a player that can actually help this team out.

Dele , despite is stupidity is a footballer . For that reason alone he wouldn’t fit into our system because it ain’t fucking Football, it’s mental torture.

I don't rate Dele Alli as a player, but I think Mourinho is bullying him.

Some people didn't mind it when Mourinho publicly humiliated Ndombele a year ago, but he didn't stop there.
Mourino is an ignorant man he has lost the dressing room he is treating dele bale toby doc very poorly he is digging a hole for himself he did the same in utd he has to go levy wont put up with this he sacked better managers time will tell ps sissoko r f ull joke

Keep both. Dele has amazing talent but he's not disciplined.

We've seen this play out before with mourinho and he is usually made right in the end.

Dele was on the down slide before mourinho even arrived at the club.

I trust in Mourinho when he takes issue with a player. Dele needs to sort his game out and start being disciplined because he's at a crossroads in his career whether he wants to be a world class player or just another potential talent wasted.

The first 11 needs rebuilding. I think eventually dele will be reintegrated back into the starting 11
No it needs rebuilding with players who care and not posers.
No contest, get rid of Dele and let Mourinho rebuild with quality.
What's the alternative ? Eddie Howe ?

I’ve voted to keep both ... probably out of misguided and hopeless belief that Mou can still magically figure everything out. Anyone writing off Dele is an idiot. A year ago he was Jose’s saviour. That was the time for Jose to put his arm round him and give him confidence. Instead, he treated him more and more like a cunt. I’m longing for Mou to show some humility to the squad, recognise and manage different personalities, and truly drive value from our squad. But... can a dinosaur change his spots, never mind a leopard?! He’s turned on NDombele, turned on Dele, turned on Serge, all of whom he’s improved (so it’s just weird). I don’t get Mou’s mind. But I hope and pray he comes good. Another restart and rebirth is the last thing we need.

Like Levy refusing to sell Ndombele last summer, we should refuse to sell Dele and play him. Need his shots, assists and goal desperately.

Let the manager we hire after Mourinho decide what to do with him (keep, sell to PSG for rebuild, etc..).

It's amazing how every single club he goes to there is always a cunt-off between him and at least one of his star players.

It's as though Jose sets out to do it.
True. Might be a tactic he employs to show everyone who's boss. Make an example out of a player early on. Scare tactics.

Like Levy refusing to sell Ndombele last summer, we should refuse to sell Dele and play him. Need his shots, assists and goal desperately.

Let the manager we hire after Mourinho decide what to do with him (keep, sell to PSG for rebuild, etc..).
Why let the next manager decide, why not the current manager? Seems a strange way to do things.

Can't be fucked looking at either of them dripping in Tottenham & Nike clobber.

Back
Top Bottom