Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are picking up yellows for all the right reasons, for being aggressive and I LOVE it!

Couldn't give a damn about suspensions, I'll now be disappointed we have an outfield player that is not suspended once this season. Long may it continue.

Also, slightly related, have you noticed when our boys get fouled they don't roll around on the floor acting like they have been shot. They are straight up onto their feet, often with a little handshake with the oppo player. If they are genuinely injured I've hardly noticed them leave the field e.g. Chadli, Rose both were off the field before replacement on, no fuss just getting on with it. Fucking love it.

He just can't help himself.

jtXp6M95i2ccU.gif

WTF are some of you people on?

Class player. Could have scored a beauty today and was unlucky to hit the post.

He's a threat to score anywhere around the 18 yard box. He had some lovely Eriksen type touches today was constantly on the move.

Who cares if he has a bit of an attitude. It's about time we had a team with snarl, grit and a bit of cuntiness.

Don't expect him to stay his entire career, but i want him here as long as possible.

I also see zero reason for him to lose his place.

Stop make a big deal of every little thing that can be perceived negatively!

How about seeing how happy he is to see his teammates to score?

Adrien Durham moments ago: "The Deli witch hunt needs to stop"....

When the fuck did i slip into this alternate universe???

If you've been supporting Spurs long enough, you know Dele is a Spurs LEGEND.

If you grow up watching Iversen as your best Spurs player and getting excited at a 1 year stint from Klinsman to clinch midtable, you can understand how the person who got us an assist to send us to a Champions League final, scored 2 past Real Madrid etc.. deserves our time and patience.

It aint all about winning, I had more fun watching us fuck up a bunch of chelski bitches at the battle of the bridge then a flippin 2008 league cup.

GIVE THE BOY SOME BLOODY LOVE

This is what Jose was referring to:

The ball ends up with the Stoke keeper before the move that started the goal, so it would be like getting mad at Kane for giving up a goal kick. It's a bit ridiculous.

The goal ultimately is not Dele's fault but that flick was utterly ludicrous.

He has such an easy ball on to Lucas who can drive into space with Kane ahead of him.

Those are situations they work on in training everyday and maybe 8/10 times we fashion a good chance from that position.

I just can't understand his thought process there. It's childish.

Showing your age their mate I’ve seen dozens of ex players, were you there when Campbell came back for the first time?

And were you cheering him?
Now that's a really daft comparison, RSol got the reception he truly deserved and still gets if he turns up anywhere near the ground.
We have a reputation of welcoming back most of our ex-players, if they have given us some good memories and didn't leave under a cloud.
I was pleased with the ovation Dele got, as we didn't get a chance to say 'goodbye' and it obviously meant a huge deal to him.
Maybe we are being a tad sentimental, but I'd rather that than be so hard-hearted that we can't acknowledge a returning player.

ESPN.

Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli said he feels he proved at Stoke that he has got better at ignoring provocation and shrugging off rough treatment.

Alli, 21, has sometimes struggled to keep his cool in the past. He was retrospectively banned for punching West Bromwich Albion's Claudio Yacob in the stomach in April 2016, and he was sent off for an ugly tackle on Gent's Brecht Dejaegere in February 2017.

Alli's temperament was tested by Stoke centre-back Ryan Shawcross in the early stages of Saturday's match -- one challenge left the youngster hobbling slightly. However, the Spurs midfielder refused to be wound up and went on to set up Christian Eriksen's opening goal in the 2-1 victory.

"I've been trying to improve a lot of aspects of my game and I wanted to keep my head," Alli said. "When the first tackle from Shawcross came in, I knew straight away what he was trying to do with it.

"He's a nice guy and that's the sort of player he is -- he's an aggressive player -- so I didn't want to react to him. I played my own game and I was really happy with the result."

GIF_image_22.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom