Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif

I don't know why some on here can't grasp that not everyone runs away at the first sign of trouble.

I am too old and well past my sell by date to make a stand these days but even ten years ago there is no way I would have melted.

It is well documented that some people's instinct is to run while others will stand. No criticism or judgement, just a fact.
On two occasions when there has been a loud bang downstairs I’ve jumped out of bed and rattled down the stairs at full speed, butt naked.

I don’t know what my subconscious me thinks I’ll do if it was a burglar, other than get kicked square in my naked, exposed sack... but I seem to have a fight reflex from sleeping.

I have a suspicion that once my brain took over I’d offer them a cup of tea and have a chat about their life decisions. Or get kicked square in the sack.

On two occasions when there has been a loud bang downstairs I’ve jumped out of bed rattled and down the stairs at full speed, butt naked.

I don’t know what my subconscious me thinks I’ll do if it was a burglar, other than get kicked square in my naked, exposed sack... but I seem to have a fight reflex from sleeping.

I have a suspicion that once my brain took over I’d offer them a cup of tea and have a chat about their life decisions. Or get kicked square in the sack.

Exactly.

Similar to me.

On two occasions when there has been a loud bang downstairs I’ve jumped out of bed and rattled down the stairs at full speed, butt naked.

Tbf, that's probably be enough to make them scarper. Burglars wil do anything to avoid confrontation. There was a doc on ITV a few years back basically about people who spend their life doing petty crime.

None of them were what you'd call ''hardcases''. A lot of them were drug addicts.

I sleep with a hunting knife down the side of the bed, and a loaded crossbow hidden away, my house is my castle, if someone wants to come in uninvited they best be prepared for a fight, this is where I like the American law, a man should be allowed to protect his home and family using whatever force is needed , still find it strange how professional footballers don’t have trained dogs to protect them , if dele did then I’m sure the dogs would have stopped the burglars no problem, knife or no knife

Tbf, that's probably be enough to make them scarper. Burglars wil do anything to avoid confrontation. There was a doc on ITV a few years back basically about people who spend their life doing petty crime.

None of them were what you'd call ''hardcases''. A lot of them were drug addicts.

Career blaggers wouldn't concern me for the above reason, but it's the potential unhinged and armed element that would concern me.

Also, the idea of trying to chase someone off whilst armed with a bat (eg) is a different proposition to trying to fight back against someone that literally has you at knife/gun point.

(i..e. A knife vs a bat at 5ft separation, I'd fancy my chances..... The latter, not so much.)

As I said earlier in the thread, with Dele we don't know specifically what the scenario was, but it was reported as "at knife point".

Career blaggers wouldn't concern me for the above reason, but it's the potential unhinged and armed element that would concern me.

Also, the idea of trying to chase someone off whilst armed with a bat (eg) is a different proposition to trying to fight back against someone that literally has you at knife/gun point.

(i..e. A knife vs a bat at 5ft separation, I'd fancy my chances..... The latter, not so much.)

As I said earlier in the thread, with Dele we don't know specifically what the scenario was, but it was reported as "at knife point".
Attack a gun, run from a knife is the general rule.

I sleep with a hunting knife down the side of the bed, and a loaded crossbow hidden away, my house is my castle, if someone wants to come in uninvited they best be prepared for a fight, this is where I like the American law, a man should be allowed to protect his home and family using whatever force is needed , still find it strange how professional footballers don’t have trained dogs to protect them , if dele did then I’m sure the dogs would have stopped the burglars no problem, knife or no knife

There are plenty of utensils in the average home which could match a typical knife i guess (some bat or golf club or chefs knife in combo with your biggest pan lid..). Some food for thought though:

- What is the risk of physical harm to you and your family if you stay passive ?
- What is the risk of physical harm to you and your family if you start a fight to the death ?

I don´t really know - it depends on a lot of factors. But my guess is that staying passive is safer for the "average" burglary.

That is without taking the secondary consequences like legal ramifications, PST syndrome for your wife and children having seen you stab a guy through the eye etc. Loss of honor and sense of anger at the trespass shouldn't bother you one bit. But for many coach internet heroes those considerations jump out more readily.

Who are you, Norman Reedus?

I suppose that’s one school of thought. Just make sure your confident in those YouTube videos.

Back
Top Bottom