Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

for the reason for practicing/positioning players (either attacking or defending) is that you roughly know where someone will be or where you should be without looking, which at grassroots levels is very important, but maybe managers think better players have the ability to look around before they pass the ball, but for me (maybe its my control mentality) I prefer to practice moves/movements

It’s an interesting debate. You don’t want things to be so planned that players lose the ability to think for themselves.

Most rugby coaches sit in the stands for that reason.

It’s an interesting debate. You don’t want things to be so planned that players lose the ability to think for themselves.

Like cricket, captaincy takes on a whole extra level in such scenarios; whereas in football the English stand widely accused of putting too much stock in the role as it is....

Because it's been heavily written about!

It all started during his time at Real Madrid, where he took credit for how they attacked, only for the players to come out and completly rubbish his claims, stating that during his time there they never once went through a single attacking phase in training, that the attacking elements were left solely up to the players.

Google it. I hope you don't find it all too taxing for you, there's reading and stuff like that that needs to be done.

Careful

That’s Top Boy you’re taking liberties with!

35-DB9-EA9-F802-4-A93-B535-F56-AB9-CA9-D18.jpg

looking lean.

Dele Alli | Tottenham Hotspur

Following an Independent Regulatory Hearing, The Football Association has informed the Club that Dele Alli has been suspended for one first team competitive fixture with immediate effect, fined £50,000 and must complete a face-to-face education course following a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post in February 2020.

Dele said: "In response to the FA decision, I would like to apologise again for any offence caused by my behaviour. It was an extremely poorly judged joke about a virus that has now affected us more than we could ever have imagined. I’m grateful that The FA has confirmed that my actions were not racist because I despise racism of any kind. We all need to be mindful of the words and actions we use and how they can be perceived by others."

Our thoughts continue to be with everyone affected by COVID-19.

Does he appeal to play against United then drop it to be banned against West Ham? Sounds like he just wants to put it behind him so it seems unlikely.

Dele Alli | Tottenham Hotspur

Following an Independent Regulatory Hearing, The Football Association has informed the Club that Dele Alli has been suspended for one first team competitive fixture with immediate effect, fined £50,000 and must complete a face-to-face education course following a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post in February 2020.

Dele said: "In response to the FA decision, I would like to apologise again for any offence caused by my behaviour. It was an extremely poorly judged joke about a virus that has now affected us more than we could ever have imagined. I’m grateful that The FA has confirmed that my actions were not racist because I despise racism of any kind. We all need to be mindful of the words and actions we use and how they can be perceived by others."

Our thoughts continue to be with everyone affected by COVID-19.

Weird one that...

The FA confirm he's not being punished for racism, so essentially he's being fined 50-grand for making light of a virus that was yet to be recognised as being as serious as it is.

If it's not racism... What is the "education program" they're to send him on.... A crash course in Epidemiology? ....Corona-viruses 101?

Does he appeal to play against United then drop it to be banned against West Ham? Sounds like he just wants to put it behind him so it seems unlikely.
I think it might help us to go with a Son Harry Moura three against United and have him for Westham. United have pace at fullback but not at Centre back. They would rather he play them than Moura or Bergwin.

My son’s academy teaches concepts and emphasizes that the players need to think for themselves. The academy also emphasizes creativity. At first, our players would struggle against well-organized academies. Over time, our kids figured out what the other teams were doing and the other teams had NO CLUE what was coming. Our kids just dominate their opponents now, even though their opponents are a year older and much bigger and faster (although during the game our kids look faster because they’re not having to think).

This observation doesn’t mean the more structured way doesn’t work. But I will say that our kids seem to be having more fun!

My son’s academy teaches concepts and emphasizes that the players need to think for themselves. The academy also emphasizes creativity. At first, our players would struggle against well-organized academies. Over time, our kids figured out what the other teams were doing and the other teams had NO CLUE what was coming. Our kids just dominate their opponents now, even though their opponents are a year older and much bigger and faster (although during the game our kids look faster because they’re not having to think).

This observation doesn’t mean the more structured way doesn’t work. But I will say that our kids seem to be having more fun!
I’d say your son is at a good place.

Weird one that... The FA confirm he's not being punished for racism, so essentially he's being fined 50-grand for making light of a virus that was yet to be recognised as being as serious as it is.
If it's not racism... What is the "education program" they're to send him on.... A crash course in Epidemiology? ....Corona-viruses 101?
I think a "crash course" in'Simple Common Sense' might be a good starting point...

Back
Top Bottom