Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the issue is he fit in perfectly with Pochettinos team and the way Pochettino wanted to play. Whether that was 3421 with him and Eriksen behind Kane or the 4231 with Dembele and Wanyama behind him and him close to Kane.

However, I don't see where he fits into this team if we go down the route of playing 433 and in all honesty, when everyones fit, I don't see where he fits in to a 4231 anymore to be honest, especially when we sign a new DM.

I think the issue is he fit in perfectly with Pochettinos team and the way Pochettino wanted to play. Whether that was 3421 with him and Eriksen behind Kane or the 4231 with Dembele and Wanyama behind him and him close to Kane.

However, I don't see where he fits into this team if we go down the route of playing 433 and in all honesty, when everyones fit, I don't see where he fits in to a 4231 anymore to be honest, especially when we sign a new DM.
He's been poor for a long, long time.

Not just since Mourinho turned up.

Maybe Mourinho didn't know the whole story about Dele before he joined.
It could make a lot of sense in terms of how he's become so poor if he has a serious hamstring problem - it pretty much destroyed the long term careers of Bale and Owen.
He just doesn't seem to run anymore and I can't recall the last time I saw him sprint in a game.

Really?

EcKN60HXkAE_44J

You're 24 FFS, Dele..... You might wanna show a little more determination to refind that form rather than resigning yourself to being on your way to the knackers yard already.

You're 24 FFS, Dele..... You might wanna show a little more determination to refind that form rather than resigning yourself to being on your way to the knackers yard already.
It’s true. At 24 I was at my peak (smoking drinking and. Working a bank job). His heart probably isn’t with the club any longer

...Would the idea of taking an extended rest over the closed season to recoup and rehab really be so outrageous?

Surely the long-term gain is more valuable than a few half baked performances then a match off (rinse and repeat).... We should see more of this IMO.

It's not the 70s anymore; players are such high value financial assets that they really shouldn't be killing themselves for short-term gain and team continuity anymore.

We can all see his hamstrings are facked. He’s had them taped since early in his Tottenham career.

Sure.... If I'm him and believe I'm fucked already, I'm keeping my head down and not advertising the fact in hope of a big money move whilst I can still get one. (That's before considering a Spurs-centric outlook where we'd want as big a fee as possible if he was to leave)....

Otherwise:

...Would the idea of taking an extended rest over the closed season to recoup and rehab properly really be so outrageous?

Surely the long-term gain is more valuable than a few half baked performances then a match off (rinse and repeat).... We should see more of this IMO.

It's not the 70s anymore; players are such high value financial assets that they really shouldn't be killing themselves for short-term gain and team continuity anymore.

This is a big moment for Dele. He has to be honest with the club and if he needs an operation or an extended layoff, he needs to take it.

If this current level is the highest he can reach then it’s time to part ways. I always believed that Dele would be the one to take over from Eriksen but he doesn’t look physically capable right now.

In his first couple of seasons he started virtually every game and played with a furious intensity, now he’s firmly in the “amble around” category. The change after that first big hamstring injury is quite stark, I can see from his body language when he gets subbed or starts on the bench that he can sense his career slipping. The football world thought he would be in that £100m category by now.

This is a big moment for Dele. He has to be honest with the club and if he needs an operation or an extended layoff, he needs to take it.

If this current level is the highest he can reach then it’s time to part ways. I always believed that Dele would be the one to take over from Eriksen but he doesn’t look physically capable right now.

In his first couple of seasons he started virtually every game and played with a furious intensity, now he’s firmly in the “amble around” category. The change after that first big hamstring injury is quite stark, I can see from his body language when he gets subbed or starts on the bench that he can sense his career slipping. The football world thought he would be in that £100m category by now.

Said at the time he was risking deeper damage playing through World Cup '18.... Can't remember which now but he literally dragged himself through one of those games.

He has to play further forward, just behind Kane. His thing has to be scoring goals. He sacrificed for the team, plugging holes all over the shop when we had so many injuries. He is paying a price for that. Put him where he can do damage and he will be fine. Fuck the haters.

Back
Top Bottom