Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the statement Mourinho giving out to the players in selling Dele is no one is above the club and if you're not putting in 100% then you should not be at Spurs. Hence he was trying his best to tell people that Kane should be MOTM for South Hampton and not Son because of his work rate and contribution.

Selling Serge is different because he could not cross the ball and because he spilled drink on Mourinho's shoes and was caught on camera doing it.

Of all the things to slag Serge off for, his crossing is not one of them.

He was one of the most productive fullbacks one the league in that respect

you-dont-like-1f68b2d66f.jpg

So currently the two leave options total 55.2% of the vote. This obviously indicates the overall majority of us wouldn't miss him this season. Split this figure though and it's clear that most of the group (43/21) would like the club to cash in now as they feel his value will only be going down and that a loan deal would be of little benefit to the club or Dele.

It's also interesting to see how many of you remain convinced the player, together with the support of the manager, can still turn the situation around and regain his form.

My own view is that for whatever mixture of reasons (personal life, management handling,complacency,attitude) Dele and Spurs would be best suited to make the transition and part company this window. He needs a total change of environment and an opportunity to integrate positively within a new squad of players and club set up.

If we could get a figure of around £35m - £40m then I'd sell him, thank him and wish him well for the future. His current form however would suggest that is not going to happen. A loan deal does have the advantage of him possibly returning to his best and his valuation soaring. In that case we could be in a nice position of selling him to his foster club for a very tidy sum or bringing him home. (something he may decide he doesn't want to do though).

Maybe this thread title will need to be revived for the next transfer window. The results of that one should be fascinating in comparison to now.

It's been more than 3 years he performed as expected from him, now he is nowhere near what he used to be and never gonna recover.

The last chance to sell before he loses any value left. Sell ASAP, sell NOW.

We sold Alli
Dele Alli
I just don't think you understand.
Although he's lost his skill
We still got forty mill
We sold Dele Alli.

That's what I think.

That's what I'd miss more: his anthem. That's an immense 12th player wall of sound on a good day. But I think the last time I sang it with any real conviction was in the old stadium.

I said I think we should sell now but there is a part of me that wonders how he'd play alongside Bale and Reguilon. First season Dele would have bloody loved it.

regardless of whether he should stay or go, now really isn't the time to cash in. One his form has dipped and two the economic climate.

We need to hope this is either a fire up his arse or a loan which gives him a massive wake-up call. Either way I don't believe there is anything to be lost keeping him on the books for another season, maybe two.

I am really not sure.
We should not sell him just "to highest bidder" -we should get substantial funds from him still!

Absolutely no way in hell would I sell him for 35 mil. That gets you Sessegnon+Clarke... or a LB that had played 1 season of senior football by age of 23 + 5 mil.

I would sell him for 55 mil or higher. If no one comes in with such offers - heck, let's take a chance and keep him. It's not like we have excess amount of HG players anyway.

This "current economic climate" stuff is kinda over the top here. WE specifically are in bit more of difficulties as we just finished the new stadium. But generally - look around. Wolves has splashed out 80 mil ; Pool roughly 90 mil and not finished ; ManU paid 40 mil for bench player not to mention Chelsea.

Be careful posting this on here mate. There are people on here who think he plays in the same position that he played in his first couple of seasons.
Hey Guids. But what about those of us that understood he moved positions but was equally shit in them all? Can we read this article?

For those who are behind the idea of selling, is it because of where he is rumoured to be going? What if we sell him to Man City or Liverpool? After all, PSG are one of the strongest teams in Europe and if they want him, surely there’s still a -layer there. Certainly enough of a player that we don’t want him coming back to haunt us.
I would sell him to a direct rival for Top 4 and hoped they played and centered their attack around him. That's how confident I am that he is rubbish.

Absent any offers coming from such clubs I would sell him for beer money. On the basis of football performance we will not regret the loss of this player. And I repeat now what I said last summer he will not receive another 10 caps for England in his career. A pure beneficiary of a system that no longer exists in our play.

Last edited:
I am really not sure.
We should not sell him just "to highest bidder" -we should get substantial funds from him still!

Absolutely no way in hell would I sell him for 35 mil. That gets you Sessegnon+Clarke... or a LB that had played 1 season of senior football by age of 23 + 5 mil.

I would sell him for 55 mil or higher. If no one comes in with such offers - heck, let's take a chance and keep him. It's not like we have excess amount of HG players anyway.

This "current economic climate" stuff is kinda over the top here. WE specifically are in bit more of difficulties as we just finished the new stadium. But generally - look around. Wolves has splashed out 80 mil ; Pool roughly 90 mil and not finished ; ManU paid 40 mil for bench player not to mention Chelsea.
Wolves net spend <£3M, lumping them in to prove your point is poor form.

There have been 3 transfers >£40M this summer, all to Chelsea - the only club really spending big right now.

So, if we sell its almost certainly under £40M and on current form probably to the blue scum. Why the fuck do that?

He stays and sorts himself out...don't know why its even a debate, given his contract.

Back
Top Bottom