Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The idea is not to swap one first team player for another (and we still have to see how many games Bale can play), it's to buy someone for the first team (Striker + CB) and let go of the shit players. (Dele)

We still don't have enough home-grown players to be able to name a full squad btw
Not sure on the home grown situation but if we are replacing Gazza with Hart and have bought in Doherty and getting rid of Foyth and also Added Bale into the squad surely we are Ok with the HG rules?
Looks like we have added 3 HG players so far in this window?

Not sure on the home grown situation but if we are replacing Gazza with Hart and have bought in Doherty and getting rid of Foyth and also Added Bale into the squad surely we are Ok with the HG rules?
Looks like we have added 3 HG players so far in this window?

If you disregard youth team players and Carter-Vickers then we have 7 HG players over the age of 21 (Hart, Doherty, Alli, Daves, Winks, Kane, Bale) - in order to name a complete squad of 25 players over the age of 21 you need 8 HG players

So sell Alli and we have a max squad of 23 and we can only replace him with a HG player

It's even worse in the EL as Davies doesn't count as HG

Mourinho is the only manager who could drop a player and have the world press talking about it. It's an obsession they have with him.

If Dele had been banging in goals every game, and was playing at the top of him game then I'd be concerned but the truth is he isn't. He's been given plenty of opportunities to prove himself to Jose, that he can work in a Mourinho system, and other than the first 3-4 games of his reign, Dele has done nothing to show that he can.

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bale, Son and Lucas are ahead of him now, perhaps even Lamela and Bergwijn. With the Euros coming and him not getting in matchday squads it should give him a kick up the arse to prove himself, but it seems to have just sent him the other way.

I heard Donkey Adrian Durham say on TalkSport that it proves Mourinho doesn't have the ability to get the best out of Dele, which is just ludicrous.

If you disregard youth team players and Carter-Vickers then we have 7 HG players over the age of 21 (Hart, Doherty, Alli, Daves, Winks, Kane, Bale) - in order to name a complete squad of 25 players over the age of 21 you need 8 HG players

So sell Alli and we have a max squad of 23 and we can only replace him with a HG player

It's even worse in the EL as Davies doesn't count as HG
The davies rule is stupid! be an interesting week to see how things pan out, i still think Dele stays and the reason he hasn't featured is down to Covid

Listening to the Extra Inch and Windy and Nathan sucking off Dele is nauseating.

I think they are semi-trolling at this point and taking whatever anti-Mourinho stance they can.

Get rid, move on.
I definitely get that feel from Nathan on the anti-Mourinho thing. Looking at Nathan's timeline it seems like we are on a strong run of form (2 losses in 12 games or something like that) in spite of Jose instead of him being a contributing factor.

It's clear with Jose that he tests the players, some of them he tells them he wants more from them and makes it public like Dele and Ndomble.

Others he blows smoke up their arse, he has his good cop, bad cop routine down pat and its served him well through the years.

With Ndombele he seems to have taken the public criticism on board and is now being trusted in games and putting a shift in and fair play to the lad.

I can only assume that Dele has decided that he knows best and is refusing to tow the line, despite being poor for a long long time now.

If you try and play that game with Jose you are going to lose.

Listening to the Extra Inch and Windy and Nathan sucking off Dele is nauseating.

I think they are semi-trolling at this point and taking whatever anti-Mourinho stance they can.

Get rid, move on.
I don't know what they are saying about Dele or Mourinho, but I do know I can't stomach them. Last time I listened to anything by Nathan was his analysis of Hojbjerg and Celik. He pulled out some pie charts and started comparing Celik to Ben Davies, and said he was a good player!!!! :mourcry: That's an oxymoron right there. I didn't even make it to the end. I watch Lille regularly and Celik is ordinary by Ligue 1 standards, let alone PL standards.

Back
Top Bottom