Dele

No it's fucking not. Not giving out gold stars for staying upright is not my thing and nor should it be yours. You out here celebrating running around and completing a pass or two. My critiques are losing the fucking ball in MF FFS. There is a difference Guido and your failure to acknowledge that is troubling.

I'm less concerned with not making the pass to Sonny than I am with losing the ball in our half of the MF that directly resulted in a corner...and since we are shit at set piece defense that is a problem. We just gave up 3 goals in 8 minutes Guido. He was put on at a time where his focus should have been on control. He is a LOP monster and always has been and that is part of the reason his ass should have been sent away this TW. How do you not see that the focus of evaluation should be on the things I'm talking about and not celebrating him not pooping his pants like he's a fucking toddler? I know why...and you do too. Yours is an emotional appeal and not one based in objectivity. Let's hope the goals and nutmegs come back soon. 10 more caps.
He played well. It was a poor pass. They didn't score. Nothing to see here. Nothing to learn. Move on it's a fucking shite Europa League Group game.

Bazali

😇
I don't see how anyone could watch yesterday's match and think Lamela looked better as our 10 than Dele did. Lamela was SO slow on the ball last night, he killed quite a few chances going forward and wasn't dropping deep enough to help us build play through the midfield. I'm by no means anti-Lamela, but if he's going to play I'd prefer it be RAM as opposed to CAM.

Yes, Dele looked rusty at times in terms of some of the passes he made were the right idea but weren't quite executed well enough to create a big chance. He hasn't played in a while so that's to be expected. He was still quite good though, his little flick on to Son created a good chance, he nearly potted a goal that went through their keeper but he was able to chase down right in front of goal, he had that nice run and cross down the right that just didn't find a boot, etc. I also thought he was quite effective going deeper and helping progress the ball and tracked back well.

Was he perfect? No, but I think he played well.
Lamela had a poor game last night but had played well previously this season

Lamela had a poor game last night but had played well previously this season
Don't disagree at all, I think my thing with Lamela is that he's fine as a RAM but not as a CAM. He just slows the play down too much to be THE primary creative player in a side. As a RAM where he can take his time more and pick the right pass, he thrives. Especially as a RAM as well he has a bit more defensive duty, which we know he loves.

I really do not think we need 2 0f Sissoko, Winks & Hojbjerg against teams of this calibre. We should play 1 of them + Lo Celso, N'dombele or Dele. Who plays depends on who needs resting for PL match. We need 2 of the holding players against Burnley but they played 180 mins between them.

I don't know... I have to say that I saw nothing from that would suggest he should be starting games.

Lost ball multiple times in really llousy way. Did not see real determination or fight in him. Of course he showed some glimpses of brilliance in some moves, not disputing that for a moment. And he also has more skill than Moura, Lamela and Bergwijn... but I guess lot about him is down to attitude and eagerness. I am not convinced it is there.

JDK

Raw Ill give it to ya no trivia. Okay, some trivia
Has to get sorted out one way or another by the summer. He’s on £140k/week, behind only Kane and Tanguy. I don’t think we can afford to just have him around in a peripheral role.

Levy will undoubtedly demand a fee more in line with what he was worth 3 years ago, so I have a hard team seeing a sale.

Has to get sorted out one way or another by the summer. He’s on £140k/week, behind only Kane and Tanguy. I don’t think we can afford to just have him around in a peripheral role.

Levy will undoubtedly demand a fee more in line with what he was worth 3 years ago, so I have a hard team seeing a sale.
I think it would have been best had he left a month ago, for his own good.

It can’t do his confidence any good for the team to offer him around, I really think he’s done with us, and I used to believe our future lies with Dele.

Terrible shame how he’s regressed so much.

Bound to be a bit rusty

Start him on Monday

Yet hes not even in the SQUAD.

What is the way forward on this? He is on a long (and expensive) contract. He is struggling to even make a start for our second string 11 and his England career is disappearing in the rear view mirror.

What is the way out of this? I cant see him making his way back under JM. The team just isn't set up to play to his strengths. Levy will demand too much for any serious bidders.

A loan is really the only way forward, Hope he goes somewhere, catches fire and we can turn it into a permanent deal? I have been a harsh critic of Dele but this is turning into a disaster for him and the club. I'm fuming that he wasn't sold in the summer when he still had significant value. That boat has sailed. Poor strategy from the club in my opinion and not good news for the dressing room if this continues long term.

It's simple now for dele. If you want to play you earn it. If he isn't up for it he's done. He has a special skill in his off the ball movement and arriving at the right time that not many midfielders have he needs to stop thinking he'sa dribbler/zidane type player that's not his game. I think he's lost the hunger and his focused switch to off the field issues. I expected more from him once he lost his England place but there's just no hunger there at the moment.

He's gotta work his balls off in training seems to be the message from Jose.

We don't know if if is or isn't first hand but I guess we either trust the managers assessment or we don't but not getting into a very competitive squad tells me he's not standing out in training.

Alli like Lucas and Lamela can be both mercurial and infuriating - I suspect Jose prefers them currently though because of their effort and hard work and like he says it's up to him to match that at the very least.

It’s not about attitude or work rate or whatever character reasons you guys keep insisting on.

the brutal truth is that the squad has moved beyond him; we don’t really need him anymore.

Kane as a false 9 (and the early signs is that Vinicius is an excellent link-up man too) has rendered Dele’s SS/10 role obsolete.

Is he a better creative CM than GLC or Tanguy? no

Is he a better inside forward than Son or Bale? No

is he a better winger than Bergwijn or Lucas? no

There’s only Lamela’s spot to take as an auxiliary forward and Dele is way too much of a free spirit to be good in that role.

He should’ve left in the window; for his sake more than ours.

Top Bottom