Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The real worry would be if his hamstrings are so fragile that it stops him committing and playing the way he used to. If that’s the case, then he’s probably fucked as a really top level player.

My hunch is that it’s confidence related and he’s mentally not in great shape. He may be able to recover from that with a lot of support or he may not. The history of sport has many examples of both.
That's what Graham Roberts thinks is his problem.

I can remember when I was little I used to ask her how old she was. She used to reply “I am the same age as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth”. It used to drive me nuts! Do you say that as well?!
Nope, I have no problem with telling people my age, only issue I have is if people DON'T say, 'wow, you don't look it!!'
:perryman:

Nah, Madrid will be daft enough to buy him for 35-40.

No chance.

Alli has lost absolutely everything he once had.

In fact when Mourinho arrived I would say he saw the mercurial player he rarely trusts.

It's no surprise now and just look at how Mourinho dealt with Pogba. Only difference was he bought Pogba so he was in a difficult place and tried to undermine him to stir a reaction..

Pogba has won things. Alli hasn't, so his could now be a downward spiral of mid-table club mediocrity with the odd reminder of brilliance.

It's a crying shame but club before any player every single fcuking day.

Last edited:
No chance.

Alli has lost absolutely everything he once had.

In fact when Mourinho arrived I would say he saw the mercurial player he rarely trusts.

It's no surprise now and just look at how Mourinho dealt with Pogba. Only difference was he bought Pogba so he was in a difficult place and tried to undermine him to stir a reaction..

Pogba has won things. Alli hasn't, so his could now be a downward spiral of mid-table club mediocrity with the odd reminder of brilliance.

It's a crying shame but club before any player every single fcuking day.
Why do people keep saying he bought Pogba or sold Salah? It was Woodward that bought Pogbad and Mourinho had so say in the purchase and he already said he bought Salah to Chavs but he was sold when Mourinho was no longer there.

Why do people keep saying he bought Pogba or sold Salah? It was Woodward that bought Pogbad and Mourinho had so say in the purchase and he already said he bought Salah to Chavs but he was sold when Mourinho was no longer there.

It's the same old shit that gets trotted out to beat Jose with time after time. KDB is another one although it ignores what Jose won without him and that he ended up going off to Wolfsburg or some other shit team abroad for minutes.

I genuinely think we'll lose both Dele and Winks by the end of next summer.

We'll bring in Sabitzer who can do both Dele and Winks' job and promote Skipp to the first team.

Dele has the wrong mentality, that’s the bottom line.

Talented but he had that edge, was a little nasty before, as soon as he got comfortable and made it, got those lucrative sponsorship deals, he lost that edge and everything was downhill from there with no other mental aspects to make up for it.

No focus and drive to be the best, no determination to overcome the obstacle, no knowledge how to adapt his game. It’s a terrible shame. Someone like Redknapp would get more out of him, that’s what he needs now, but even then he doesn't possess the personal mental attributes to reach new peaks.

He is still a decent player i suspect but while not playing he will regress further and devalue more. I hope he moves to the right club under the right manager. It’d be nice if Levy managed to get a good fee off someone willing to speculate.

It's the same old shit that gets trotted out to beat Jose with time after time. KDB is another one although it ignores what Jose won without him and that he ended up going off to Wolfsburg or some other shit team abroad for minutes.
1.Would any coach picked Salah over prime Hazard ? would any coach pick KDB over prime Fabregas / Oscar ? The answer is no, Roman Abramovich always want to win it right away which is also the reason Mourinho has no time to develop player

2.Jose won the league without either Salah or KDB anyway so i don't see the problem with him getting rid of them , they are still young , inexperience player

"what about the future / long term success" if you keep thinking and talking about the future, you would never win the present

So United bought Pogba against Mourinho's wishes?
not against his wishes but woodward already started negotiating to bring him back to United before Mourinho even came, and of course mourinho wouldn't refuse pogba as a football player, he just didn't know what kind of person pogba is yet whether he is an obedient and disciplined player or a virus, which turn out he is the later

Last edited:
Dele has the wrong mentality, that’s the bottom line.

Talented but he had that edge, was a little nasty before, as soon as he got comfortable and made it, got those lucrative sponsorship deals, he lost that edge and everything was downhill from there with no other mental aspects to make up for it.

No focus and drive to be the best, no determination to overcome the obstacle, no knowledge how to adapt his game. It’s a terrible shame. Someone like Redknapp would get more out of him, that’s what he needs now, but even then he doesn't possess the personal mental attributes to reach new peaks.

He is still a decent player i suspect but while not playing he will regress further and devalue more. I hope he moves to the right club under the right manager. It’d be nice if Levy managed to get a good fee off someone willing to speculate.
We have no idea of his mentality. We can judge that he’s not playing well. We can’t judge the cause.

Back
Top Bottom