Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can’t believe all these media outlets that are making it out like dele’s been a world beater and Jose is destroying his career! Dele’s been on a decline for a couple of years. I hope he buckles down and work hard to overcome his rough patch.

Everyone’s looking for anything they can to beat Jose with.

Disagree there. He had to delay. Both Kane and Lucas were marked.

I was fuming at Lucas when I saw that in real time. His run is woeful. He narrowed the angle by running towards the goal. If he pulled a bit wider Dele could have given him the ball.
Kane was in an excellent position when Dele lost the ball, but Dele wasn’t even looking in that direction. I think Dele was trying to go on his own and Kane was visibly upset as well when Dele lost the ball.

Some questionable comments, trying to shift the blame on the manager for Dele being shit. Jose did not give a fuck about Pogba, do you think he will for Dele?

I hope he is sold, he reached his peak long time ago.

Some questionable comments, trying to shift the blame on the manager for Dele being shit. Jose did not give a fuck about Pogba, do you think he will for Dele?

I hope he is sold, he reached his peak long time ago.
Yeah, that waiting and praying is just a waste for both sides. What should exactly change after one year of trying? He is just wasting his youth and talent in a squad where he is not happy. Moving on to a team that suits him better would also give Mourinho a higher budget to work with. No way he is going to stay if Poch takes over in PSG. Playing next to Neymar and Mbappe is too tempting

Ndomble has been great this season, last season he was unfit and unmotivated, jose gave him the kick of the backside he needed..

Poch had no motivation last season, i believe he would of left if he had won the champions league, levy had given him no investment and the team had downtools..

This team needed someone like jose to fix them

Yeah, that waiting and praying is just a waste for both sides. What should exactly change after one year of trying? He is just wasting his youth and talent in a squad where he is not happy. Moving on to a team that suits him better would also give Mourinho a higher budget to work with. No way he is going to stay if Poch takes over in PSG. Playing next to Neymar and Mbappe is too tempting

Yeah, but will he get in the PSG team? That's the question really.

Mou was determined to improve from last season poor defensive record. Last season with limited players he continued to give chances to individual errors. This season with options available he was bold. Stopped starting Dele after Everton poor showing, stopped starting Winks and Sanchez after west ham mistakes, stopped starting aurier after Leicester mistake, stopped stevie after liverpool misses. Message is clear. Result is we have the best defence.
When Mou first took over, his team selection was very attacking. As goals continue to be shipped, he modified. Keep a clean sheet first.

He's made our games very tight, so tight that each comes down to which team makes the first mistake.

When its us, and we concede first, we are screwed.

We had more of a balance between attack and defence at the start of the season, we've gone too far now. Basically playing 9 defenders and hoping Kane and Son score all the goals.....its not worked / we've been found out hence we are dropping down the league like a stone.

The majority of our players just aren't and never will be regular goal scorers, Bale and Alli are, he has to get one or both of them into the team....and Bale is always injured. If Mourinho continues to fuck off Alli its at his own expense.

He's made our games very tight, so tight that each comes down to which team makes the first mistake.

We had more of a balance between attack and defence at the start of the season, we've gone too far now. Basically playing 9 defenders and hoping Kane and Son score all the goals.....its not worked / we've been found out hence we are dropping down the league like a stone.

The majority of our players just aren't and never will be regular goal scorers, Bale and Alli are, he has to get one or both of them into the team....and Bale is always injured. If Mourinho continues to fuck off Alli its at his own expense.
100% - selling Dele and keeping instead shitters like Lucas, Sissoko and Winks would be laughable. Berg still young deserves another season but the other 3 are finished

We are screwed not because we defended in numbers. We were screwed because we fail to break teams down due to sloppy passings and our defence can't defend well in high line.
We were not negative against Brighton, WBA, Stoke, Palace etc the lower teams. We tried to attack. Our football doesn't look good due to our poor passings, not being negative.
As I mentioned in seperate post, our plan A goal kick drill is Dier and Toby coming near to receive the ball from Hugo, meaning to play up from the back.
Because our defence are poor in defending at high line or counter attacks, we will get breached easily if we play normal attacking football against top sides. Hence we were very defensive against them. But with the defence we have, this is our best way to get results.
If there is something we need to change quickily, it is to improve our passing, not abandone the way we defend against top teams.

We'll sell Dele (permanently or on loan) and he'll go and score loads and assist loads.

And you'll get people on here saying it was a bad decision. Probably the same lot who think signing Fernandes would have seen him come here, transform us and score and assist goals at will.

Dele isn't suited to our play. He may be suited to someone else's play, be made the main man and score and assist. That'll be good for him. But it isn't happening here.

100%
Dele has been shit for a while now. We just have a manager prepared to cast him out. We can all have different views on whether Mourinho is doing it the “right way” but it is the right decision. He’s played on reputation for a while now.
But he selects Lucas and Bale though, both have been shit this season. Please explain this.

We'll sell Dele (permanently or on loan) and he'll go and score loads and assist loads.

And you'll get people on here saying it was a bad decision. Probably the same lot who think signing Fernandes would have seen him come here, transform us and score and assist goals at will.

Dele isn't suited to our play. He may be suited to someone else's play, be made the main man and score and assist. That'll be good for him. But it isn't happening here.
It's odd but I think he's well suited to how we play now. Kane drops deep and only has Son running beyond him, an action Ndombele is unsuited for. Dele playing the Tanguy role gives Kane two good targets running beyond him, and he's capable of any pressing Ndombele gets through. I think we'll end up 5th or 6th if we don't find alternatives to the goal involvement Dele would provide.

Imperfect player and maybe not suited the coach we have but I'm fairly adamant he'd be a valuable asset to us were he used more often.

Back
Top Bottom