Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele would be scoring more if our other players would pass it back to him when he arrives late in the box. We've got Kane and Son though and they always prefer to take a pop when they are that close to goal. I say this because I don't necessarily think it's the third attackers fault they aren't scoring enough. For Gio and Ndom I don't think they get good looks in good positions enough, and for Bergwijn I think he is just in a dry patch- he hit the bar against liverpool after all in what should have been our winner but for a tiny bit more luck.

I'd love to see Dele Ndom and PEH in a CM triangle or some sort together but Mourinho chooses to play with an extra defender rather than attacker against pretty much all level of opposition. We won't get any more offensive with Mou than a 4-2-3-1, and he trusts none of Ndom, Gio, or Dele to be part of that CM 2.

I do hope Dele can get some more minutes though- we need goals, not more Sissoko, Winks, or plebian 3 CB formations.

After all of those rumors of Dele getting a start, he ends up watching as Lucas gets subbed in for Ndombele. Such a telling sub: Lucas makes no sense as a sub for Ndombele except for Jose’s love for Lucas’ work rate. No trust for Dele whatsoever.

They've signed Everton and Stoke legends Moise Kean and Choupo-Moting the last few seasons.

I'm sure Poch wouldnt mind signing his old mate.

I think you’re underestimating how much I think Dele has declined.

He’s a Shaqiri. Capable of outstanding moments of brilliance but offers nothing most of the time.

Guardian reporting we are very reluctant to let him go in January.

Also says that he was in the starting XI for the Fulham game that was postponed. A move depends on a replacement arriving, as with Gio‘s injury issues we are not willing to lose an attacking midfielder from the squad.
Lo Celso injured, Ndombele isn't exactly built like a brick shithouse. Would be very risky to send him out on loan without having the replacement secured. Especially as we are unlikely to get a lot of money for him.

He could be motivated to win the PL this year .... zzzz
I have a lot of love for him still, more so than guys like Ndombele and Lo Celso who just rocked up a year and a bit ago.

But you're right, he is a lazy little fucker who's wasting his immense talent.

I think you’re underestimating how much I think Dele has declined.

He’s a Shaqiri. Capable of outstanding moments of brilliance but offers nothing most of the time.
I think you're underestimating how highly Pochettino rates Dele. He said many a time when he was here that he thought Dele was as important to the team as Kane and that he predicted Dele would captain the team one day. This is quite clearly a transfer that has been in the pipeline for some time, I'd wager it's almost a certainty he goes there.

Could easily see Poch attempting to put together a front four of Di Maria, Dele, Neymar; Mbappé.

Last edited:
I think you're underestimating how highly Pochettino rates Dele. He said many a time when he was here that he thought Dele was as important to the team as Kane and that he predicted Dele would captain the team one day. This is quite clearly a transfer that has been in the pipeline for some time, I'd wager it's almost a certainty he goes there.

Could easily see Poch attempting to put together a front five of Di Maria, Dele, Neymar; Mbappé.
That’s a crazy front five with only four players. 😀

If Dele leaves it will be to PSG, he won’t go anywhere else. One thing is for sure, he either needs to go or start playing more. We are wasting time with him which means his value is going down and he’s not helping the team at all. A change is needed.

Back
Top Bottom