Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

50 goals and 33 assists is a lot to remove from a team without replacing it , while also losing Erisken as well contributing 51 goals and 62 assists in his time at Spurs.
Right now in our squad I don’t see any other players bar son or Kane getting in double numbers for goals or assists this season and that is a massive problem!
But you can't forget Walker who did so well

I really do not understand why people want to get rid of players from the squad. The first 11 is understandable. We are now half way through the January window and the transfer movement is almost non existent. Any player got rid of is unlikely to be replaced and not with someone likely to get into the first 11. That leaves us with a smaller squad. Just because certain players are not playing does not mean they will not in the future. You only need to look back 12 months to see the injury crisis we had and with covid and a very congested fixture list we need to retain everyone. If we are lucky and everyone remains available, some may not play but to lose anyone is madness at this time.
Clark has already gone and Gedson is likely to follow but no more.

I just don’t understand how many wish to see Dele on the pitch. It’s not like he did not get enough chances this season. We lost every game where he started so far and his performance was poor and Marine does not really count.. If Dele is not happy, he needs to leave and make place for someone else who would be glad to contribute. Dele is not bigger than Mourinho or Spurs. I don’t understand the cult behind him especially if it is not backed by good performances.
We signed someone who is playing defensively and he proved countless times that it works. It should not surprise anyone how we play. Instead of complaining about counter attacking football/playing defensively, we should rather accept this way of playing and try to understand Mourinho his system. It’s constructive if mistakes/problems(being trash in set pieces, not scoring despite having 100% chances, bad positioning) that appear in this system were criticized instead of questioning his playing styles in general. He won’t throw his concept away because of some randoms constantly crying about it. There is no „true“ or „wrong “ way to play football as some media try to tell us. This media and crying fans contributed to his end in Man United. Just to keep in mind, what did ManU win since he left? Nothing. Good job toxic fans and media. He got them 3 trophies, 1 fan cup final and a 2nd place with a lower budget than Ole. Try to observe this season, Chelsea invested 200m for what? They are struggling nearly as much as Woolwich despite playing the „right“ way of football. Same for Woolwich and his glorious attacking trainer. That also happened to Poch. What’s wrong about trying a different type of football especially if we are clearly improving? Knockout in EL, EFL Final, still in FA Cup and just 6 points are missing to be on the top. We are finally able to compete with Liverpool and Man City which were dominating in England and Europe. As a result some are still hoping Mou to be sacked? Some folks really refuse to put things into perspective.

I just don’t understand how many wish to see Dele on the pitch. It’s not like he did not get enough chances this season. We lost every game where he started so far and his performance was poor and Marine does not really count.. If Dele is not happy, he needs to leave and make place for someone else who would be glad to contribute. Dele is not bigger than Mourinho or Spurs. I don’t understand the cult behind him especially if it is not backed by good performances.
We signed someone who is playing defensively and he proved countless times that it works. It should not surprise anyone how we play. Instead of complaining about counter attacking football/playing defensively, we should rather accept this way of playing and try to understand Mourinho his system. It’s constructive if mistakes/problems(being trash in set pieces, not scoring despite having 100% chances, bad positioning) that appear in this system were criticized instead of questioning his playing styles in general. He won’t throw his concept away because of some randoms constantly crying about it. There is no „true“ or „wrong “ way to play football as some media try to tell us. This media and crying fans contributed to his end in Man United. Just to keep in mind, what did ManU win since he left? Nothing. Good job toxic fans and media. He got them 3 trophies, 1 fan cup final and a 2nd place with a lower budget than Ole. Try to observe this season, Chelsea invested 200m for what? They are struggling nearly as much as Woolwich despite playing the „right“ way of football. Same for Woolwich and his glorious attacking trainer. That also happened to Poch. What’s wrong about trying a different type of football especially if we are clearly improving? Knockout in EL, EFL Final, still in FA Cup and just 6 points are missing to be on the top. We are finally able to compete with Liverpool and Man City which were dominating in England and Europe. As a result some are still hoping Mou to be sacked? Some folks really refuse to put things into perspective.
All valid points. Dele doesn’t fit in with how Jose wants to play. Why not let him go?

All valid points. Dele doesn’t fit in with how Jose wants to play. Why not let him go?
Levy always thinks he knows best (whether I agree with him or not) and he fancies himself as a football man.

He thought Jose could do more with this team than Poch.

He probably now thinks that another manager could make better use of this homegrown English player whilst simultaneously acknowledging he was wrong about Jose.

It's very likely he's waiting to see if he's going to have to fuck Jose off in which case he'd rather have this asset (Dele) at the club.

Yeah that’s the point. Why not let him go? Mou could get a player he desires and Dele could play with his preferred manager in Paris. It’s also too tempting for him to play with Neymar and Mbappe. Everyone would be satisfied. But yeah, rather force Dele to stay and keep discussing about this lame topic until the next transfer window (again).

If we were owning it out on the pitch I could understand dele being benched

but we’ve been pretty bloody awful ..... and he still stays sat on the bench

despite actually impressing with the scraps of opportunities he’s had

Surely with our lack of creativity Dele MUST be given a shot against Sheffield
It can only be pure stubborn dick headedness by Mourhino that Dele can't get on aead of Winks, Sissoko and Lamela.

I love Lamela but at the end of the day you have to admit he's been pretty shite for us his entire career here.... 16 goals in 161 appearances is absolute crap and he's been on the treatment table more times than he's been on the pitch.

If we were owning it out on the pitch I could understand dele being benched.
This is it exactly.

If the team was winning week in week out you could see the justification of his exile and it would be up to Dele to force his way back in.

Unfortunately we're not winning week in week out, and even worse than that were looking bang average.

I have a horrible feeling that Mourhino is putting his ego above what is good for the team.

This is it exactly.

If the team was winning week in week out you could see the justification of his exile and it would be up to Dele to force his way back in.

Unfortunately we're not winning week in week out, and even worse than that were looking bang average.

I have a horrible feeling that Mourhino is putting his ego above what is good for the team.
It’s beginning more and more to resemble ‘a look at me’ vanity project

hope I’m wrong and he starts getting game time

Back
Top Bottom