Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our defence is not that good when you consider we set up the whole team to protect it.
Then we have a good system that allows both the team to concede the second least goals in England and at the same time the two forwards to have among the best assists and goal stats in Europe.

Here’s a thought, imagine if the rest of the team scored more than10 of 114 shots

Last edited:
We currently rank 7th in the league for avg amount of shots on target per 90 min. Also our actual league place.

With a total of 92 shots so far this season, we rank 9th in the league (Having played two less games than a few above us).

To be fair, I was expecting to discover that we we more lowly ranked for both the above stats.
I’ve been quietly seething about our recent Jose football, but I’m surprised to see that we are *slightly* better than mid-table in this department.

We currently rank 7th in the league for avg amount of shots on target per 90 min. Also our actual league place.

With a total of 92 shots so far this season, we rank 9th in the league (Having played two less games than a few above us).

To be fair, I was expecting to discover that we we more lowly ranked for both the above stats.
I’ve been quietly seething about our recent Jose football, but I’m surprised to see that we are *slightly* better than mid-table in this department.
Jesus - based on the conversation above, I thought we were in the Jose thread... Nup the Dele thread.

Been my point for months.
How people watch us for 90 minutes but can’t see us having shots is baffling.

It’s like they only remember goals.
Oh that must be it

Two games maybe your right.
But those two games wouldn’t matter if we had taken the chances we did create against Palace, Wolves, Fulham and Liverpool.

Because we’d have between 6 and 9 more points and you wouldn’t be as annoyed

For the record we had 8 shots v Brighton and 3 shots v Liverpool.

We had 4 v City, 2 on target all game and won 2-0.

There’s ALWAYS a chance to score a goal
wolves???? we didn't have many chances in that game either.

8 shots against Brighton but 1 half chance the whole game. Against Liverpool no clear cut chances while game apart from the offside goal.

Against City we may have only had 4 against City but the 2 goals were clear cut chances . Thats the difference...the quality of chances we create not how many shots on goal.

Jesus - based on the conversation above, I thought we were in the Jose thread... Nup the Dele thread.
To be fair it was born out of the notion that Dele will open up our attack which apparently doesn’t create chances.

My point is that we do creat chances but have fluffed them in the crucial games around Christmas.

I also posted that after 2017, Deles goals and assists per minutes played have been quite literally on par with Moura and Lamela.

wolves???? we didn't have many chances in that game either.

8 shots against Brighton but 1 half chance the whole game. Against Liverpool no clear cut chances while game apart from the offside goal.

Against City we may have only had 4 against City but the 2 goals were clear cut chances . Thats the difference...the quality of chances we create not how many shots on goal.
Wolves maybe you missed Reguilon mess up a 4 against 2 attack, put a decent header wide and Kane miss a soft header.

Im loving this new thing that we can only score from clear cut one on one chances and if someone takes a massively shit shot from 18 yards then he couldn’t possibly have done better.

At least you jumped over Fulham, Liverpool away and Palace then, which would in itself have seen us take at least 7 more points if Bergwijn, Son and Kane had scored clear cut chances.

Last edited:

1:10 minutes in......what, we didn’t create a chance to score there?

I said "we didn't have many chances in that game" and you decide to post a highlight video of a Reguillon chance (where yes he should have done better) to prove I'm incorrect?? not to mention the fact that wolves had far better chances as well. ok.

Son had 4 clear cut chances against Fulham???? name them

This site says three but doesn’t count the first header in the video

This is Tottenham but people want to hang out Toby and Dier even though we’ve conceded the second least goals in England

This site says three but doesn’t count the first header in the video

This is Tottenham but people want to hang out Toby and Dier even though we’ve conceded the second least goals in England

His header was offside, that's why.

Back
Top Bottom