Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two chances if you believe a 3 minute clip shows everything

We had 15 shots and Son squandered 4 clear cut chances on his own.
I think you know this

And yes. Id expect a highlight clip to show me the key highlights of a game.

I think kingdawson kingdawson is right and you seem to be equating shots to clear cut chances.

Dele Ali has flaws but he is no Balotelli or Taraabt. He is simply a fine player that no one has been able to prove that he should not be in the first team squad. No one can give a sensible reason on why he should not be getting a chance. No one, its all hersey and gossip. The actual football and stats back him up. Fine if you want to bomb him out just dont complain to me when Lucas Bergwyn and Bale do fuck all. The loss against Brighton calls for a rethink it calls for the manager to re access his squad it calls for him to be a bigger man and reach out to a genuine talent that he has at his disposal. If he doesnt and the spiral continues Jose will be out of the club.

To my suprise I can agree with most of this!

Only few slight points-
- there actually was drop off in terms of form in the end of the season - after his brilliant purple patch he scored 2 and assisted 1 goal with last 12 appearences in EPL (incl 10 starts +2x subbed in)
- of course anyone cannot give exact explanation, cause I don't know what is going on behind scenes and nor do you. All we know that up to now he has not been getting chances, so there has to be some kind of reason. As you don't hold all of the information either, it also is true about you - you cannot say certainly that there has been no issue with him behind the scenes / in training

But right now our situation is straight up awful + we are missing Kane, Regulion and Lo Celso (in order of importance) so of course Alli (if his head and heart are in it) would be useful to us now.

To my suprise I can agree with most of this!

Only few slight points-
- there actually was drop off in terms of form in the end of the season - after his brilliant purple patch he scored 2 and assisted 1 goal with last 12 appearences in EPL (incl 10 starts +2x subbed in)
- of course anyone cannot give exact explanation, cause I don't know what is going on behind scenes and nor do you. All we know that up to now he has not been getting chances, so there has to be some kind of reason. As you don't hold all of the information either, it also is true about you - you cannot say certainly that there has been no issue with him behind the scenes / in training

But right now our situation is straight up awful + we are missing Kane, Regulion and Lo Celso (in order of importance) so of course Alli (if his head and heart are in it) would be useful to us now.
Your post seems to allege that I don't know everything. There is a small possibility that this may be true.

COYS

sammyspurs sammyspurs
Jose HIMSELF says that we are not good enough to attack properly and defend. He used an analogy about pulling up the bedsheets to cover one part but expose another. That is him saying it to your face that that the team have to be set up to defend at the expense of attack. Yet you claim that's not the case simply because Kane & Son are doing well.

Jose HIMSELF wants new defensive signings. Why would he want new defenders if our goals against record is so good? That's him saying give me quality so that I don't need to bus park for the sake of current defenders.

You seem to know Jose's tactics more than he does.

sammyspurs sammyspurs
Jose HIMSELF says that we are not good enough to attack properly and defend. He used an analogy about pulling up the bedsheets to cover one part but expose another. That is him saying it to your face that that the team have to be set up to defend at the expense of attack. Yet you claim that's not the case simply because Kane & Son are doing well.

Jose HIMSELF wants new defensive signings. Why would he want new defenders if our goals against record is so good? That's him saying give me quality so that I don't need to bus park for the sake of current defenders.

You seem to know Jose's tactics more than he does.
Funny because I’ve seen him blame individual errors most weeks

And again you seem to think a team can’t score unless it’s a one on one

Funny how when we miss one on ones or 4 v 2) you dismiss them anyway

Because a one on one is a clear cut chance.

Hojbjergs goal against Liverpool wasn't a clear cut chance yet he still scored.

Bergwijn vs Allison was a clear cut chance.

You seem to be the only one willing to blame our terrible form and so far, 4th worse season in 12 years on our goalscoring chances over our defensive ability.

Son missed because he saw the flag that didn’t come up then right?
Read the article I posted if your selective memory about the Fulham game only lets you see Kane score and them equalise

Well, no. But it'd be stupid to say Son should have scored his chance when it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

You've been watching football for decades Sammy. And you're really going to suggest that it's that simple?
Fewest goals conceded = good defence, attack is the problem?

I guess we should be careful our defence are not poached by Barca, Madrid and Bayern.
We can also cash in on our attack and buy players on par with our league leading defence.

I mean it's not like bus parking makes it easier for the defence and harder for the forwards (hence why the lesser team always uses it when playing for a draw). We will ignore all common sense?

Attack is the problem, although not on an individual level - it's on a tactical/coaching level, we don't have any patterns of play beyond Son running in behind, or off the ball movement or anything that points to what's being worked on on the training field.

Jose deflects on to the defence as you can always blame goals conceded on individual mistakes even if you have to go all the way back to Dele giving the ball away cheaply v Stoke there is always someone culpable, but he can't do that with our attacking shortcomings because we have 2 world class players there posting above expected numbers and so it squarely points to him and his coaching team/tactics and the fact he can't build an effective attacking unit with the players available.

Last edited:
Well, no. But it'd be stupid to say Son should have scored his chance when it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
So if Dier heads the ball into his own net with no one around him, giving Lloris zero chance it will be fine play if there was a hand ball in the build up and it’s ruled out

Which makes you wonder why for the rest of that half our team didn't know how to shoot or attack.

Yet still had time to concede another goal.

Youre getting it.
Not sure what your getting at

You’ve denied we create chances.
I show you chances, you say they weren’t clear cut
I show you there were clear cut and now it’s suddenly “yes but what about later in the game”

lol

So if Dier heads the ball into his own net with no one around him, giving Lloris zero chance it will be fine play if there was a hand ball in the build up and it’s ruled out

Well I mean considering your post history, I assume you'd make some kind of deal out of it.

Most of us however would be thankful that VAR did its job correctly.

Just like the Salah goal that was ruled out against Liverpool. No one talks about it because it was the right decision. Despite Dier being utterly embarrassed in the build up.

Back
Top Bottom