Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the set up works defensively as I said
Or has Kane gone renegade?

And despite this Kane and Son in defence thing, they are still scoring and assisting among the best in Europe.
So the set up is working for them up top too.

Imagine if someone else scored a few eh
As opposed to 10 goals from 114 shots for the rest of the squad
Their job is to HELP THE TEAM DEFEND AND THEN ATTACK ON THEIR OWN.
So no they are not going renegade. That are doing an unreasonable job to an extremely high level.

Pretty interesting that on February 14 2016 almost 4 years to the day, when many considered us at our peak under Poch, we had conceded 20 goals.

One less than today.

We had scored 47.
14 more than today.

:sonhmm:
What exactly are you inferring from this? I tend to think it says exactly what folks are complaining about. But that's the Leicester year you are quoting. We were better the next year with Wanyama and dembele.

You're unable to comprehend and accept that the team is set up to defend for the sake of the defence (whether that's down to shit personnel and/or shit coaching).
If a coach ties one of his boxer's arms behind his back, and the boxer still wins by KO does that mean that the coach didn't make it harder for the boxer? You're arguing no lol.
I’m comprehending fine
You say the team is set up to defend well and cover the individual weaknesses of individuals and that’s why we have the second least conceded in England.

Then you say we are rubbish at defending.

Hopefully we don't concede 1 goal from our 2 games in hand then.

Otherwise we'd have the same amount of goals conceded as Woolwich.

And we both know how great their defence is.
If Woolwich have conceded less goals than Liverpool then they are doing a better job defensively

If Liverpool had scored 16 less goals then they’d probably be below Woolwich.
See how it works

If Woolwich have conceded less goals than Liverpool then they are doing a better job defensively

If Liverpool had scored 16 less goals than they’d probably be below Woolwich.
See how it works

Its fine.

Concede a goal tonight and Woolwich have the 2nd best defence in the league.

I see.

Paddy, I'm shocked. Are you gatekeeping Spurs' support? Am I not pure enough for you just because I recognized early all of the faults in his game that folks are finally coming around to? I'm sorry my man.

Right, some rando know-nothing drunkards in the crowd are the measure of a player? How many shit players have they sung songs for previously? Is this really the yardstick you want to use? They also sung his name for the last 3+ seasons when he's been absolute dog shit. Should that matter?

Ok, I will take your word for it. Conversation on this board tends to be at odds with your statement but I'm going to switch my viewpoint to the one you think I should have.

You are correct my friend. I've done nothing to deserve the football that we've been serving up for the last 2 years. I'm a good person, I help people, and I serve my fellow human. I deserve better than this and the shit bumble Dele has been serving up for the last 3-4 seasons (also the seasons he was 'good' where he scored goals but was shit everywhere else). Thanks for reaffirming that for me.

Thanks Paddy.
How can you say dele was never a talented player. Thats simply an untruth. He was voted young player of the year by his fellow professionals two years running. I might entertain that he may of declined a bit but "NEVER". So for your statement to be true most of the spurs fans have to be wrong most of his fellow professionals have to be wrong two years running. He also won young player of the year at efl level at Milton Keynes so the English football league have to be wrong too. The statement is absurd and is indicative of the amount of revisionism, gaslighting and shithousery surrounding Dele and the urge to be right about how good or bad he is. DELE is a fine player. That is not up for debate

Here is a list of the PFA YPA winners and the company DELE is in. He is the only playe in the last 20 years too win it twice.

Last edited:
I’m comprehending fine
You say the team is set up to defend well and cover the individual weaknesses of individuals and that’s why we have the second least conceded in England.

Then you say we are rubbish at defending.
Yes! Don't you agree?

To play as awfully negative and bus park the way we do we should be keeping clean sheets and conceding even fewer goals.
We sacrifice everything to protect our backline! Kane & Son getting KOs with one hand tied behind their backs doesn't mean we are doing enough to help them either.

We have got so bad that we see Dele as the saviour , I hate to say it but Dele is not the one to save our season! We should have cashed in on him in the summer and bought someone else in

Yes! Don't you agree?

To play as awfully negative and bus park the way we do we should be keeping clean sheets and conceding even fewer goals.
We sacrifice everything to protect our backline! Kane & Son getting KOs with one hand tied behind their backs doesn't mean we are doing enough to help them either.
The set up allows us to concede few goals therefore we defend well as a team

Is there any true point debating with someone who has this opinion on defenders?
Fascinated to see how far he'll go to stick up for a shit manager and this idea he has that weak links should not be strengthened. Or rather that our strong links are actually our weak links.

The set up allows us to concede few goals therefore we defend well as a team
It's not good enough at all. If you're going to stop playing football and be the worst passing side in the league with the players we have there has to be clean sheets and results.

If only you were as tough on the dead weight and manager as you were our best players.

We currently rank 7th in the league for avg amount of shots on target per 90 min. Also our actual league place.

With a total of 92 shots so far this season, we rank 9th in the league (Having played two less games than a few above us).

To be fair, I was expecting to discover that we we more lowly ranked for both the above stats.
I’ve been quietly seething about our recent Jose football, but I’m surprised to see that we are *slightly* better than mid-table in this department.

What’s the difference between the two stats? Shots on target average over 90 minutes v shots on target? Are they from different sources?

We have had way more than 92 shots this season in total. (Pretty sure that 92 shots on target is the official premier league stat)

Edit : Yep just checked shots is 221 and shots on target 92.

It's not good enough at all. If you're going to stop playing football and be the worst passing side in the league with the players we have there has to be clean sheets and results.

If only you were as tough on the dead weight and manager as you were our best players.

The set up allows us to concede few
It also allows Kane and Son to have some of the best goals and assists in Europe.

When the team stops scoring, it’s not the fault of the defence

Its fine.

Concede a goal tonight and Woolwich have the 2nd best defence in the league.

I see.
This argument seems never ending, it’s perspective and how people interpret what they have seen.

I think the football is atrocious and Jose is largely to blame, that is my interpretation of what I see.
Others might have a different definition of good football and stats are useless in such an argument.

I hate how we play , it is joyless football , but nobody will make me enjoy it by saying what about the two chances we missed. If we had taken those chances the result might be different, that makes the football
more effective, not less atrocious to my eyes.

This argument seems never ending, it’s perspective and how people interpret what they have seen.

I think the football is atrocious and Jose is largely to blame, that is my interpretation of what I see.
Others might have a different definition of good football and stats are useless in such an argument.

I hate how we play , it is joyless football , but nobody will make me enjoy it by saying what about the two chances we missed. If we had taken those chances the result might be different, that makes the football
more effective, not less atrocious to my eyes.
Sorry about spacing not sure what I did there

Back
Top Bottom